PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's game
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Today's game  (Read 8090 times)

JDN

Re: Today's game
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2013, 01:02:56 PM »

So we lost two points yesterday , but we have gained points away in other games , second in league on goal difference and some people talk as if were fighting to avoid relegation ,saying we need get this many points in next so many games , did anyone think   we would be in this position now , not me for sure , always  difficult  playing bottom table teams ,we will gain and lose points we don't expect in a season , lets just take each game one at a time and hope when we finally get our best form we will hammer some one .  
being second after 7 games is about par from what I expected, and of course the aim is to win the league this season

but not really sure we good enough, we haven't played anyone yet and not got out of third gear

big improvement required - or it will play offs at best

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2013, 01:08:39 PM »

We knock the ball about very nicely at times, but we're often too slow playing the final ball or we pick the wrong pass. Overall, I think we play good football, but the decision making and speed of our passing was way below par in the last hour this afternoon.

Not a disaster but lots of room for improvement.

Unfortunately mate, (and I don't know how many games you've seen this season but, as I know where you live and various commitments you have, I'm going to go with very few) we have played all season as we did in the last 60 minutes today. We controlled the game until the own goal went in, and we should not be accepting that second half performance which allowed them to get back into the game.

As much as I like (now he plays for us) Kyle Perry, we should not have brought him on for Walshaw. Lawrie should have come on alongside Reeves to have a run at their defence and carry on our passing game that they couldn't cope with. I would then have brought on Perry for Moult if the Lawrie/Reeves combination wasn't working and put Lawrie on the right as we needed Richmans energy in the middle alongside Boshell.

The subs we did make were at least 15 minutes too late. Personally I feel that is 2 points dropped rather than one gained by Oxford.

Agree about Perry. As soon as he comes on we revert to our pre conference north days style of hoofing it into the box and hoping for the best instead of the effective build up play that has been serving us well recently. It's baffling because we're a better footballing side than Oxford but as soon as we start doing the long ball thing it put us on an even footing with them.

Jezza

« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2013, 01:23:27 PM »

with an og and the disgusting dive for the penalty I'm hoping yesterday was one of those games where we use up about 10 games bad luck....take those incidents away and they'd prob have won 4-0?

win sat'dee and it's be better to drop 2 points to oxford than ferriby.....

OK I've got my stupid over optimistic hat on.....truth is I've said from close season all we've done is improve the squad but the first XI if anything is a little worse than last year without Duncan and losing Williams is a huge blow.

Lee needs to avoid complacency, replace Williams quickly and understand that we do need an eddie hussin or a mick carmody...otherwise we will continue to ship too many goals whilst our free scoring papers the cracks that we are a play off team at best (and a probable losing play off team at that without the ability to dominate the decent sides)

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2013, 01:33:22 PM »

I don't believe there's anything wron with the squad. What's missing is the application. We care letting opposition teams break through midfield far too easily. We need to be closing the gaps, not waiting for the ball to arrive with the player then running after him. I'm happy for Brackley to make the pace if they fade like they did last season, so long as we can sit on their shoulder. We also need these players to understand each other better. At times they do look like it's the first time they've met.

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2013, 01:34:07 PM »

We knock the ball about very nicely at times, but we're often too slow playing the final ball or we pick the wrong pass. Overall, I think we play good football, but the decision making and speed of our passing was way below par in the last hour this afternoon.

Not a disaster but lots of room for improvement.

Unfortunately mate, (and I don't know how many games you've seen this season but, as I know where you live and various commitments you have, I'm going to go with very few) we have played all season as we did in the last 60 minutes today. We controlled the game until the own goal went in, and we should not be accepting that second half performance which allowed them to get back into the game.

As much as I like (now he plays for us) Kyle Perry, we should not have brought him on for Walshaw. Lawrie should have come on alongside Reeves to have a run at their defence and carry on our passing game that they couldn't cope with. I would then have brought on Perry for Moult if the Lawrie/Reeves combination wasn't working and put Lawrie on the right as we needed Richmans energy in the middle alongside Boshell.

The subs we did make were at least 15 minutes too late. Personally I feel that is 2 points dropped rather than one gained by Oxford.

Agree about Perry. As soon as he comes on we revert to our pre conference north days style of hoofing it into the box and hoping for the best instead of the effective build up play that has been serving us well recently. It's baffling because we're a better footballing side than Oxford but as soon as we start doing the long ball thing it put us on an even footing with them.

to be fair we were playing long ball lumping it forward long before Kyle Perry came on- lots of long lumps forward for Reeves to try and chase down on his own. It didn't work

markecky

« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2013, 01:42:05 PM »

My personal aim this season was to still be in with a shout of winning the league at Xmas, not looking enviously at someone 15 points ahead if us.   We are on track to do that so far so I'm pretty happy although was very disappointed after yesterday as it did feel like a loss.

I think this season the league will be different.

There will be no outstanding teams and not many super sh*t ones. Everyone will beat everyone else.

Bigger tests to come but maybe we will step up to the challenge.

Work to do but from a good position rather than eighth

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2013, 01:48:53 PM »

Shocking decision for the penalty. Should have won in a canter even with sh*t decisions like that.

Next Saturdays match is a massive test of ability and attitude.
Full time and proud of it

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2013, 02:54:57 PM »

.....truth is I've said from close season all we've done is improve the squad but the first XI if anything is a little worse than last year without Duncan and losing Williams is a huge blow.

Lee needs to avoid complacency, replace Williams quickly ...otherwise we will continue to ship too many goals whilst our free scoring papers the cracks that we are a play off team at best (and a probable losing play off team at that without the ability to dominate the decent sides)

Agreed.

Unfortunately we don't even have the ability to dominate the poor sides, as demonstrated yesterday. I keep expecting some team to be on the end of a 5-0 thrashing from Alty (and the way we were carving open Oxford and being 2-0 up so early, yesterday should have been that day) but I'm beginning to think that expectation is pie in the sky.

We've played enough bottom half teams already this season without the semblance of a title-winning performance. Perhaps we need to play better quality opposition or be on the receiving end of a drubbing before this team ups its game. Or maybe we are already playing to our capability......

A good win at NFU next Saturday would be a shot in the arm. Fingers crossed.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's game