News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 yesterday's referee moment

Author Topic: yesterday's referee moment  (Read 2416 times)

Jezza

« on: September 29, 2013, 04:56:08 PM »

2nd half I noticed as a corner was about to be taken their keeper had a grip on the back of walshaw's shirt.....walshaw was doing the players "are you looking at this ref" gesture....I was stood about 2 yards directly behind.... I looked to the ref who was looking directly at the two players....when the corner was taken I clearly saw the keeper very blatantly and deliberately push both arms out and shoved walshaw over........

The ref gave a disgusted look at walshaw and did the typical refs get up off the floor you're not conning me gesture .....you know the one.....

So my question is;

Do ref's have to take regular eyesight tests?

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
Re: yesterday's referee moment
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 06:12:26 PM »

Yes at  specsavers

Hamilton

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 06:52:54 PM »

2nd half I noticed as a corner was about to be taken their keeper had a grip on the back of walshaw's shirt.....walshaw was doing the players "are you looking at this ref" gesture....I was stood about 2 yards directly behind.... I looked to the ref who was looking directly at the two players....when the corner was taken I clearly saw the keeper very blatantly and deliberately push both arms out and shoved walshaw over........

The ref gave a disgusted look at walshaw and did the typical refs get up off the floor you're not conning me gesture .....you know the one.....

So my question is;

Do ref's have to take regular eyesight tests?

Every 20 years, whether they need it or not!

robins1978

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 07:03:58 PM »

and why was there not even a card for the offending Trafford player who gave the penalty away?

York Alty

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 07:05:31 PM »

and why was there not even a card for the offending Trafford player who gave the penalty away?
was it his birthday?

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 08:02:32 PM »

No eye test required. They see what they bloody want to see. ;)

Hulme Robin

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2013, 08:34:29 PM »

We should have had a last minute penalty. There was a clear foul on Lawriein the box (i think it was lawrie).

robins1978

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2013, 09:03:46 PM »

We should have had a last minute penalty. There was a clear foul on Lawriein the box (i think it was lawrie).
yes there was a strong shout from Alty players for that pen. I didnt get a clear view of it as players were in my way and I took the claims as desperate 'cluthcing at straws' a draw would have as been hard on Trafford as it was on us when Burton got a late equalizer in our away game at brewers whatever its called. People are entitled to have there say but I think as usual there is too much fuss about things going wrong for Alty in a cup game. Trafford got the deserved 'scalp' lets move on to next game now.

brian1925

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2013, 09:34:33 PM »

Yes, the defender should have gone when we got the penalty, but then the best team might not have won, and i stress the word 'might' as Trafford would probably have won with 9 men. I'm still very angry about yesterday and part of me wishes that Sinnott would just f**k off back to Yorkshire and take that shower of sh*t with him.I want us to show a bit of pride against Guiseley and fight for every ball as if every player's life depends on it. I don't care if we lose, or we have a player sent off for a robust challenge (unlikely with our lot). I just want to feel that it is worth my while driving all the way up from Ormskirk.

Jenga

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2013, 01:12:53 PM »

Just because there is a foul in the penalty doesn't mean it is a yellow card. A penalty is sometimes more than enough. As for the penalty I think he rolled the defender well but some could argue it was a soft penalty.

More of concern to me is that against Trafford we had one shot (the penalty) on target all afternoon - SIMPLY PATHETIC.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team