PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Altrincham v Northwich 1874
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Altrincham v Northwich 1874  (Read 17993 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Altrincham v Northwich 1874
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2013, 04:37:09 PM »

Today's goalkeeper, Shaun Pearson:

http://www.barrowafc.com/news/?article=1287

http://www.llangefnifc.co.uk/profile.php?id=169

Meanwhile, I'm bewildered as to why we are persisiting with Smikle, who treated us to another 45 unimpressive minutes this afternoon.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 04:38:57 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Blackie 1874

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2013, 04:37:29 PM »

Yes won 2-1.

Decent enough game for a friendly against a spirited and well organised Northwich side.  There seemed well up for it as you would expect.

We created a lot of chances that were blocked or just wide in the second half.

No injuries on the surface of things and probably a better workout than training.

A relaxed afternoon.

*Season ticket holders got in free

how many vics fans ?
We're not Vics! We actually pay our bills!!  :D

temp alty

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2013, 05:06:02 PM »

OH HAPPY DAYS!!!!!

markecky

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2013, 05:06:49 PM »

Top picture.

That little window on the left is where I first learnt the term "chip batch" in 1989.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2013, 05:08:21 PM »

Top picture.

That little window on the left is where I first learnt the term "chip batch" in 1989.

are 1874 hoping to build a new ground in northwich ?

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2013, 05:14:08 PM »

More people watched Altrincham v 1874 Northwich (188) than went to Flixton today to see Northwich Victoria v Farsley FC (172).

temp alty

« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2013, 05:16:51 PM »

Top picture.

Call me old fashioned but I used love league & Cheshire Senior Cup games at the Drill Field.  Tuesday night in the bus shelter behind the goal, you cant beat it!!!   ;)

Chip batch, not heard that before  ::)

Jezza

« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2013, 07:58:07 PM »

our keeper looked assured

first two goals of the game to make it 1-1 were both great strikes....

in fairness perry had a good game and should have had a hat trick, one goal disgracefully disallowed.....but he does appear to be on the Michael twiss diet and wtf is that beard all about???....I'd still start with reeves walshaw and lawrie ahead of him...

lawrie again very creative

if smikle can't dazzle against that level of opposition....well, he's had his chance as far as I can see...really is comical seeing him advance two or three paces and then knock it back.....

liked the look of the central defender who came on

1874 fans came out of administration at half time when a fan finally paid the remaining owing 2p on a cup of coffee previously described as 98% paid for

there was also a dog in attendance chasing a lucozade bottle up and down the terracing which was very entertaining.

ripleym

« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2013, 09:04:53 PM »

Don't forget the Alty fans of the future, who were busy lining up trains on the terraces.

Chubby NVFC

« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2013, 09:18:52 PM »

Top picture.

We most certainly are, it's going to be a long old slog, but don't worry, hopefully we'll be giving your lads a run out on equal terms in the not too distant future ;D.

York Alty

« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2013, 11:27:54 PM »

Top picture.

We most certainly are, it's going to be a long old slog, but don't worry, hopefully we'll be giving your lads a run out on equal terms in the not too distant future ;D.

Speaking for myself, but I think many Alty agree - but I miss the derby games V your lot.

VofD

« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2013, 11:43:36 PM »

Is this game free for season ticket holders? I ask only as it usually is for friendlies but it hasn't been mentioned.

I don't think it will be as season tickets are advertised as free entry to pre season friendlies so this might not count.

It's usually £7 for the pre season games so a fiver in seems fair enough and will provide a much needed boost to the coffers if we can get 300-400 in.

I could be wrong of course, I often am.

Mark,
Are you having a laugh. Apart from losing £4500 at Trafford and other potential income from the Cup, they have last year's FA Cup money, FA Cup TV money, Duncan Watmore money and other usual sources of income ( advertising/ season ticket sales etc.). I don't think they spent all that much in close season. Perhaps the Chairman, who is pretty quick at coming on here to ask for money, could  come on here and  tell us what has happened to the monies mentioned, or what he intends to do with them. >:( >:(

VofD

« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2013, 11:57:50 PM »

It should be free for everyone IMO. Its like saying sorry for a woeful FA Cup performance meaning we have no game today but don't worry we'll charge you a fiver for a pointless friendly instead! See you next Saturday.

SPOT ON. And that Alty fans actually turned up, beggars belief. >:( >:(

bumble

« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2013, 12:53:39 AM »

was free entry for ST holders today

Should have be made clearer by the club

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2013, 04:27:19 AM »

Can this forum please stop having a go at the board for the FA Cup result. I'm pretty sure they were angry more than anyone else a fortnight ago. As I said after the Trafford game,I would be quite confident a lot of last years cup money went to bolstering the team, which has got us in the title race after September, which we've not done the previous 2 years.

If we fail to get promoted without doubt questions need to be asked.  I hope though they are asked in 4 years time when people are distruntaled finishing 15th in skrill premier
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Altrincham v Northwich 1874