PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Boshell Gone
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Boshell Gone  (Read 13587 times)

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Boshell Gone
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2013, 10:26:15 AM »

Playing for a club that stands a chance of getting promoted or being player/coach at a club that will probably get relegated at the end of which he'd probably get sacked if that club's recent history is anything to go by? If that's the height of his ambition good luck to him. If Guiseley is "his" club that much he should have gone back at the end of his loan period and not signed for Altriincham. At the end of the day he's reneged on a contract. Sure he should go if he doesn't want to play but I doubt if the manager and the chairman are congratulating him on his opportunity.  

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2013, 10:36:49 AM »

Why slag the lad off for having ambition. He WAS an asset to the team.

Cheap snipes are not the Alty way whether or not you thought he was any good is immaterial were fkn bigger than that foks, just wish the lad well.

PS he can't look like Wallace AND Gromit ffs

Rant over

Hamilton

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2013, 10:53:47 AM »

I wish him well. He seems to have been very honest with "Sinbad" and Mr Rowley and not tried to cause any trouble. He has waited until we got a replacement and, after all, if anyone's best friend asked for help, you are likely to help.

joe

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2013, 11:03:35 AM »

Do you actually know anything at all about football Ian Harwood??
Danny Boshell was and is a very good player and I wish him all the best in his new role at Guiseley. At the wrong side of 30 alot of players think about getting into coaching/management and I guess this was just too good an offer to turn down. He only left Guiseley in the first place because Kitterick was a total balloon and like others have said I'm sure he didn't sign for Altrincham knowing this was going to happen!

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2013, 11:10:52 AM »

Why slag the lad off for having ambition. He WAS an asset to the team.

Cheap snipes are not the Alty way whether or not you thought he was any good is immaterial were fkn bigger than that foks, just wish the lad well.

PS he can't look like Wallace AND Gromit ffs

Rant over

Fair point, I take it back. It was a cheap shot.

He's a dead ringer for Wallace.

Chill out, he was okay but we beat Brackley without him.

Nuff said really.

Oh, and by the way, Lawton passed it forward more than he did and that's saying something. 

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2013, 11:34:40 AM »

Was great for us good luck for the future
ParkINson's red and white army

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2013, 12:37:49 PM »

As Jimmy pointed out, our record with Bosh in the team speaks for itself. Nobody wants to lose quality players.

However, you have to balance that against having a player in your ranks whose heart isn't 100% behind the cause. It would be counter productive in the long run to have a player here against his wishes, however much of a wrench it is to allow him to leave.

We still have a very good squad here and we beat arguably our biggest title rivals without Bosh in the side yesterday. It's not all doom and gloom.

Thank you Bosh and good luck at Guiseley.
Come on Alty!

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2013, 12:43:33 PM »

Good luck Bosh and hope Greg is as good as yesterday :)

decman7

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2013, 01:08:06 PM »

So disappointed he's gone. I wouldn't of let him go under any circumstances, but I understand why we have. Genially think he's the difference in us having a chance winning this league. But just my opinion.

Fantastic player, massive loss. Don't think you have a football brain if you can't see that.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2013, 01:25:24 PM »

Not the point Boss Hogg. If you don't want to make a commitment don't sign a contract. You're all wishing him and saying what a great player he is and what a fantastic contribution he's made but he's walked out on your club and let down the people that made the effort to secure his services. I wondered why he spent more time chatting to Guiseley players than warming up at half-time during the recent game. It's not even like he's at the end of the contract, the season is only two months old. Very uinprofessional.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 01:32:20 PM by Ian Harwood »

York Alty

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2013, 01:25:42 PM »

A loss for sure.  He's gone now so let's' crack on with what we've got.  COME ON ALTY.

Hamilton

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2013, 01:34:16 PM »

Not the point Boss Hogg. If you don't want to make a commitment don't sign a contract. You're all wishing him and saying what a great player he is and what a fantastic contribution he's made but he's walked out on your club and let down the people that made the effort to secure his services. I wondered why he spent more time chatting to Guiseley players than warming up at half-time during the recent game. It's not even like he's at the end of the contract, the season is only two months old. Very uinprofessional.

When he signed the contract he had no idea he would get what was, to him, such a good offer. I don't see why we should doubt that, when he signed the contract, he had 100% commitment to Alty, but circumstances sometimes change...

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2013, 01:34:59 PM »

would he have done any better than richman or moult yesterday ?better passer of the ball not as good energy wise and alot older,good luck to him .

markecky

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2013, 01:35:29 PM »

Not the point Boss Hogg. If you don't want to make a commitment don't sign a contract.

So nothing can ever change?

Should he have not signed for us three months ago in case Kittrick got sacked, his mate came in, made a balls of his first six games and needed his help?

He has said quite plainly it came out of blue.

Is this "banter" I'm missing again or a wind up?  I have form for this kind of thing...

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2013, 01:38:21 PM »

I am dissapointed he has left us, but holding on to players who want to be released from their contract can rarely be a good thing........I am also a little bit surprised that he is going to work for a Chairman who stood by and let the last manager ban him from the ground when he was on loan with us

I wish him well and hope he does not come on against us and create the point saving goal that denies us promotion !
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 01:40:17 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Boshell Gone