PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Boshell Gone
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Boshell Gone  (Read 13696 times)

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Boshell Gone
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2013, 01:54:31 PM »

Not the point Boss Hogg. If you don't want to make a commitment don't sign a contract.

So nothing can ever change?

Should he have not signed for us three months ago in case Kittrick got sacked, his mate came in, made a balls of his first six games and needed his help?

He has said quite plainly it came out of blue.

Is this "banter" I'm missing again or a wind up?  I have form for this kind of thing...

Good luck to him but a gamble as is most things.

The next stage in the scenario above could easily be....

Don't turn it around in the next few games and his pal is shown the door along with him.
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2013, 02:15:40 PM »

Not  at all a wind up Ecky. If you sign a contract you make a commitment. I said in my first post he should have turned round to his mate at Guiseley and said, sorry I've already committed myself to Altrincham, call me next year. People are  making it sound like he was offered a coaching job at Manchester United or something.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2013, 02:37:53 PM »

The reason for getting players to sign contracts is that when things like this happen the club get some money.
Full time and proud of it

Altrinchman

« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2013, 02:44:07 PM »

Not  at all a wind up Ecky. If you sign a contract you make a commitment. I said in my first post he should have turned round to his mate at Guiseley and said, sorry I've already committed myself to Altrincham, call me next year. People are  making it sound like he was offered a coaching job at Manchester United or something.

are you familiar with the concept of divorce,just out of interest?

joe

« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2013, 03:17:31 PM »

Hypathetical situation because neither you or I are footballers but picture it like this....You've played for Altrincham,a club you've held close to your heart for several years but the manager is a total bell end and bans you from the ground making it clear you'll never be in his plans. You're 31 yrs old and are offered a contract by Guiseley with whom you've spent time on loan. You sign the contract and start enjoying your football but said bellend at Altrincham leaves and the club you love and they are battling relegation and offer you the 1st step on your managerial ladder. Would you say no,ask me again at the end of the season or would you do your best to get released and take said job?

brian1925

« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2013, 03:44:35 PM »

I admire Danny Boshell, for as Rocky Robin said above, this is one hell of a gamble for him - that sort of gutsy decision deserves to be rewarded, but unless Guiseley get some results soon, it'll be curtains for Danny.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2013, 05:10:32 PM »

Shame Altrincham couldn't apply the same logic to Michael Twiss's contract.

joe

« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2013, 05:49:12 PM »

Shame Altrincham couldn't apply the same logic to Michael Twiss's contract.

Totally different situation but I know what you mean. Kyle perry looks like he's on the same diet as Twissy!!!

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2013, 06:03:19 PM »

Best wishes Danny, it was a pleasure to see a class player while it lasted and the club has shown its class again by allowing the move. I hope that the deal involved an agreement that you wont play in the Guiseley away match as a return gesture of goodwill to Alty.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2013, 07:33:34 PM »

Chill out, he was okay but we beat Brackley without him.

Nuff said really.

Oh, and by the way, Lawton passed it forward more than he did and that's saying something. 

Yes but Bosh did pass it to Altrincham players though, quite a key thing!

I don't really know where to start. In fact, it's so astounding maybe not starting at all is the best option.

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2013, 08:03:19 PM »

Chill out, he was okay but we beat Brackley without him.

Nuff said really.

Oh, and by the way, Lawton passed it forward more than he did and that's saying something. 

Yes but Bosh did pass it to Altrincham players though, quite a key thing!

I don't really know where to start. In fact, it's so astounding maybe not starting at all is the best option.

What's astounding? That people don't have the same opinion as each other? It'd be a boring world if we all thought the same wouldn't it?

Personally, I don't think we'll miss him.

That's my opinion, as it obviously is others' too.

I'm not necessarily right, and may in fact be wrong but hey ho it's my honest thoughts.

taxi Phil

« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2013, 09:26:37 PM »

I am dissapointed he has left us, but holding on to players who want to be released from their contract can rarely be a good thing........I am also a little bit surprised that he is going to work for a Chairman who stood by and let the last manager ban him from the ground when he was on loan with us

I wish him well and hope he does not come on against us and create the point saving goal that denies us promotion !
I would be BITTERLY disappointed if our Chairman interfered in a disciplinary matter between the Manager and a player......whether Kittrick is a balloon or not doesn't alter that, you cannot undermine your manager.

For the record I could see the good points about Bosh, but actually think he wasn't QUITE as good as some on here think (Jimmy : I think I know a LITTLE bit about the game !)

Bottom line : he's been given an opportunity to start on the rung to coaching and management. He's approached the Club in the correct manner. Good luck to him.

Jimmy

« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2013, 09:52:50 PM »

Yes but phil you surely would consider it a loss which I did point out first

decman7

« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2013, 10:45:27 PM »

We lost one game that he was involved in since he joined, what can't people see in that.

bumble

« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2013, 10:56:03 PM »

We lost one game that he was involved in since he joined, what can't people see in that.

True, and he'll be a loss.

However Ill wait untill Ive seen Greg first before deciding how big of a loss. People believe scott phelan going would be a loss but he was replaced by someone a hell of a lot better eventually

I still maintain we'll win the league, but itll be tougher without Bosh
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Boshell Gone