PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Boshell Gone
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Boshell Gone  (Read 13681 times)

Jimmy

Re: Boshell Gone
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2013, 10:59:32 PM »

I believe wilkinson should be a good signing slightly different player comes forward more as for phealan I thought it was a good thing him going with him being moderate at best

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2013, 11:14:08 PM »

We lost one game that he was involved in since he joined, what can't people see in that.

True, and he'll be a loss.

However Ill wait untill Ive seen Greg first before deciding how big of a loss. People believe scott phelan going would be a loss but he was replaced by someone a hell of a lot better eventually

I still maintain we'll win the league, but itll be tougher without Bosh

You can speak for yourself on that one JJ!!!

Bath Alty

« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2013, 11:40:30 PM »

Our willingness to be grown up about contracts and releasing players for better offers will help us attract good ambitious players, even it it turns out to be for a short period.  Before someone says 'what's the point of a contract then' it stops players getting tempted by an extra £50 a week somewhere.  This is clearly a different matter, as is Reeve's league club clause and McGregor getting a manager job etc (may have got the wrong defender there?).

To me this is another example of what a good club we are (but I agree I hope we asked him not to play against us!)

Baldrick

« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2013, 07:35:41 AM »

Our willingness to be grown up about contracts and releasing players for better offers will help us attract good ambitious players, even it it turns out to be for a short period.  Before someone says 'what's the point of a contract then' it stops players getting tempted by an extra £50 a week somewhere.  This is clearly a different matter, as is Reeve's league club clause and McGregor getting a manager job etc (may have got the wrong defender there?).

To me this is another example of what a good club we are (but I agree I hope we asked him not to play against us!)

The club will never be successful until they have a settled team. Too many players come and go.

Hamilton

« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2013, 08:21:57 AM »

The club will never be successful until they have a settled team. Too many players come and go.

In fairness I think that is what Sinbad is trying to do - he managed to keep most of last year's squad here and also brought in better players to replace those who left or were released.

Jezza

« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2013, 08:50:10 AM »

seems to have been done in a mature way with no need for clubs or players to come out with ridiculous statements.....

No hard feelings from me although I hope there is an agreement that Bosh does not play against us for the duration of the contract from which we have released him.

markecky

« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2013, 09:06:53 AM »

seems to have been done in a mature way with no need for clubs or players to come out with ridiculous statements.....

No hard feelings from me although I hope there is an agreement that Bosh does not play against us for the duration of the contract from which we have released him.

I think that's highly unlikely to be honest. Never heard of conditions like that in permanent transfers, only loans.  Could be wrong.

Jenga

« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2013, 09:27:24 AM »

He was useless, did nothing for Alty, shows no ambition and can't pass the ball. I would never have him in my team and good riddance.

TEASER !!!

bumble

« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2013, 12:31:20 PM »

He was useless, did nothing for Alty, shows no ambition and can't pass the ball. I would never have him in my team and good riddance.

TEASER !!!

Is that describing Wayno in Staff v Supporters?

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2013, 09:52:32 PM »

Our willingness to be grown up about contracts and releasing players for better offers will help us attract good ambitious players, even it it turns out to be for a short period.  Before someone says 'what's the point of a contract then' it stops players getting tempted by an extra £50 a week somewhere.  This is clearly a different matter, as is Reeve's league club clause and McGregor getting a manager job etc (may have got the wrong defender there?).

In fairness I think that is what Sinbad is trying to do - he managed to keep most of last year's squad here and also brought in better players to replace those who left or were released.

FFS!  ::) ;D
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 09:54:40 PM by Jimmy Hill »
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

markecky

« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2013, 09:53:05 PM »

I think that's highly unlikely to be honest. Never heard of conditions like that in permanent transfers, only loans.  Could be wrong.

Think the rule is that if I put "could be wrong" at the end of a post I am.

Apparently he can't play against us in the league or the trophy this season as part of the deal.

As far as I know that's not common in a permanent deal but was a condition of his release.

Hats off to the chairman for that one.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 09:57:33 PM by markecky »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Boshell Gone