Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lee Sinnott interview after the Hednesford game.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Lee Sinnott interview after the Hednesford game.  (Read 7683 times)

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile

Bath Alty

Re: Lee Sinnott interview after the Hednesford game.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 08:59:09 PM »

No Ref assessor today - that's mental >:(

robins1978

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 08:59:31 PM »

It was 10 V 12 players to be more accurate

taxi Phil

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 09:13:51 PM »

It was 10 V 12 players to be more accurate
Add the missing of the handball by the useless wanker on the line, who MUST have had a clear view, and it's 10v13.

I understand the logic behind Perry for Reeves (though it was futile), but no explanation of subbing Clee with Smikle.

Otherwise, a good interview which proves that Lee was at least watching the same match as me.

arnald

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 09:25:37 PM »

lee sinnott  is the man to get us out of
this league how and when can not be
far off

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2013, 09:33:36 PM »

Referee described it as "undue force". So is he saying the tackle was technically fine but too strong??

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2013, 10:33:25 PM »

Referee described it as "undue force". So is he saying the tackle was technically fine but too strong??

By undue force he is suggesting that the force of the challenge was disproportionate or excessive and therefore, in his opinion, likely to endanger the safety of an opponent.

Before I get slaughtered this is NOT my perception as I didn't see the challenge yesterday and have posted this before watching either highlights or Lee's interview. I am just trying to translate some of the double speak and technical drivel which has come into the "art" (or "science" depending on your standpoint) of Refereeing recently into something vaguely resembling English

taxi Phil

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2013, 10:45:22 PM »

By undue force he is suggesting that the force of the challenge was disproportionate or excessive and therefore, in his opinion, likely to endanger the safety of an opponent.

Before I get slaughtered this is NOT my perception as I didn't see the challenge yesterday and have posted this before watching either highlights or Lee's interview. I am just trying to translate some of the double speak and technical drivel which has come into the "art" (or "science" depending on your standpoint) of Refereeing recently into something vaguely resembling English
Well once you've seen it Phil, I'll be amazed if you can justify his interpretation......and the push that wasn't deliberate. A push is a deliberate movement, as opposed to a "coming together" surely ?

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2013, 11:07:36 PM »

Well once you've seen it Phil, I'll be amazed if you can justify his interpretation......and the push that wasn't deliberate. A push is a deliberate movement, as opposed to a "coming together" surely ?

Two points spring to mind here, both of which refer to the Laws of the Game

Firstly re the interpretation. The LoTG say "in the opinion of the Referee" I would venture to suggest that he was in a minority of (probably) one in formulating that opinion

The caveat here is that his angle is different to that of AltyTV but, even so, it was a somewhat "individual" interpretation

Secondly, re the push (Boring bit coming up now - sorry) Law 12 (Fouls and Misconduct) refers, as the title suggests, to offences which can be punished by a free kick. The only offence which has to be intentional is handball (there is a whole chapter of discussion as to how you categorise deliberate handball but that is for a different time and place) Hence, even an unintentional trip or PUSH should, in law, be penalised with a direct free kick and if in the Penalty Area therefore a Penalty Kick

bumble

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2013, 11:31:02 PM »

Our Lino "See me ref thru the season, the high & lows of a match official Level 3A Contributory Ref & 3F Assistant and FA assessor"

The one with no hair on Saturday...

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2013, 12:35:20 AM »

Our Lino "See me ref thru the season, the high & lows of a match official Level 3A Contributory Ref & 3F Assistant and FA assessor"

The one with no hair on Saturday...
and who forgot his boots
They really should be beating teams like us

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2013, 08:28:39 AM »

The fact that there wasn't an assessor in attendance is a bloody disgrace in itself.  How come these bloody referees see incidents differently to everybody else in the grounds? (I will tell you. Probably taught/directed by my friend Ross Joyce aka The attention seeker).

Shiny Happy

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2013, 09:19:24 AM »

Undue force is just a terrible reason. I think the Ref is fobbing us off with that one.

How do you even define undue force?

I would think Alty have a good case for an appeal based on that evidence. Doesn't change the result, but could mean we don't lose Simon for a further 3 games.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2013, 09:53:12 AM »

i still don't understand if it's the refs job to allow a goalkeeper time to line his wall up. No one has given me an answer to that yet.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2013, 10:06:02 AM »

I can't say for sure but I think it is. I think once the ref has told the team taking the freekick to wait for the whistle, the convention is that the ref ensures the wall is back ten yards and allows the keeper to line up the wall and take up his position, then blows the whistle.

It's one thing for an attacker to catch a keeper out with a quick freekick but when the ref does it, that's disgraceful.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lee Sinnott interview after the Hednesford game.