PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FA Trophy
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: FA Trophy  (Read 7501 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
FA Trophy
« on: November 13, 2013, 06:40:31 PM »

Big game on Saturday and a chance for management and players chance to ease the pain of the Trafford debacle.

Hope everyone who can makes the journey and lets get behind them

We are overdue a run in this competition.
Full time and proud of it

fuertes

Re: FA Trophy
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 07:27:03 PM »

Big game on Saturday and a chance for management and players chance to ease the pain of the Trafford debacle.

Hope everyone who can makes the journey and lets get behind them

We are overdue a run in this competition.

Wealdstone made the semis a couple of seasons back. Very few of the Conference teams give a toss until the S/F. If we sign some reinforcements to guard against injuries/fatigue, we could go far in this.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 07:36:14 PM »

I think most Conference teams see this as a way to a major final - I cannot agree that most Conference teams don't give a hoot until the semi's.

Out of interest who are the non-Conference sides who have reached the semis in the last ten seasons ?
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

York Alty

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 08:42:08 PM »

Come on Alty, we can't afford to screw this one up.

bumble

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 09:10:35 PM »

2012-13 - Gainsborough Trinity Dartford - Grimsby Wrexham

2011-12 - Wealdstone Luton - Newport York

2010-11 - Luton Gateshead - mansfield Darlo

2009-2010- Kiddy Salisbury - Stevenage Barrow

2008-2009 - Ebbsfleet Telford - York Steevange

2007-2008 Aldershot York - Torquat Ebbsfleet

2006-2007 Northwich Grays - Kiddy Stevenage

2005-2006  Boreham Wood Exeter - Woking Grays

2004-2005 Bishop Stortford Burton - Huncknall Grays

2003-2004 Aldershot Telford - Canvey Island Hednesford
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 09:14:57 PM by Jack Jolly »

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 09:21:08 PM »

I don't think a lot of the ex-league teams in the Conference are that fussed until it gets to the semi-finals, seen as more of a distraction from the major objective of regaining their league status.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2013, 12:23:44 AM »

Thanks Jack

2004-5...........three non Conf sides in there.....that was the year Grays knocked us out  :(
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

markecky

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2013, 12:29:58 AM »

Thanks Jack

2004-5...........three non Conf sides in there.....that was the year Grays knocked us out  :(

We weren't just knocked out that day, we were destroyed!  They were superb...

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2013, 06:26:08 AM »

It would just be nice to test the current squad against some conference opposition, our FA trophy record since our last semi final appearance in 1990 is very poor. It's littered with abject displays/results, particular highlights include the 1-4 home defeat by at the time lower league southport, the 0-1 home defeat to Aylesbury, the loss at lower league Blyth, the loss at lower league north ferriby the home defeat by lower league Stalybridge the away defeat at winsford the home defeat by lower league bishop Auckland and add to that the 0-5 QF defeat at Kidderminster when we froze, don't expect us to win the trophy but a couple of games pitting our wits against a couple of top flight outfits would be nice.Anyone else got any terrible memories?

taxi Phil

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2013, 08:03:48 AM »

The particular lowlight for me (which I expected, and ducked the game) was the defeat at FCUM.

It would be great to have a run in the Trophy......but not at the expense of our promotion prospects. We can't afford a fixture pile up like the one Halifax had last year when our squad is so thin.

PeterJ

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2013, 09:18:40 AM »

one thing is for sure no set of fans react worse to cup defeat than altys internet fans.  guess the whole board and management will have to go again if we should be knocked out!

think we'll win though if reports are right that Reeves is firing again on Tuesday. are the BPA goals online anywhere?  here are Colwyns from Tuesday http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npLcBuN-YdI

VofD

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2013, 09:48:07 AM »

The particular lowlight for me (which I expected, and ducked the game) was the defeat at FCUM.

It would be great to have a run in the Trophy......but not at the expense of our promotion prospects. We can't afford a fixture pile up like the one Halifax had last year when our squad is so thin.

and who got promoted last season via playoffs?       Halifax >:( >:(

bumble

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2013, 10:05:54 AM »

It would just be nice to test the current squad against some conference opposition, our FA trophy record since our last semi final appearance in 1990 is very poor. It's littered with abject displays/results, particular highlights include the 1-4 home defeat by at the time lower league southport, the 0-1 home defeat to Aylesbury, the loss at lower league Blyth, the loss at lower league north ferriby the home defeat by lower league Stalybridge the away defeat at winsford the home defeat by lower league bishop Auckland and add to that the 0-5 QF defeat at Kidderminster when we froze, don't expect us to win the trophy but a couple of games pitting our wits against a couple of top flight outfits would be nice.Anyone else got any terrible memories?

Curzon the first time was one of the worst perfomances Ive seen

The miss from Twiss in 89th minute at Blyth still haunts me

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2013, 10:08:41 AM »

one thing is for sure no set of fans react worse to cup defeat than altys internet fans.  guess the whole board and management will have to go again if we should be knocked out!

It's not each individual defeat we're reacting to, it's the twenty years of consistent ineptitude in cup competitions. I think we're entitled to be unhappy about that.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2013, 10:25:54 AM »

I agree with leon, its a collective and consolidated spitting out of the dummy,after such results. the FA Trophy record makes embarrassing reading since 1990. id much sooner get promoted than win it to be honest, but I know some who hold the opposite view.Id just like to test ourselves against a tamworth or a Hereford. And what excitement would be created from Alty v Macc being pulled out the bag in the next round, 16 years is a very long time.

Post 1990
http://www.lusa.u-net.com/fat90on.htm

Pre 1990
http://www.lusa.u-net.com/fatto90.htm
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FA Trophy