News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Another story regarding Frank

Author Topic: Another story regarding Frank  (Read 4635 times)

Gregsie

« on: November 21, 2013, 12:47:01 PM »

Hi, I dont go to many games but thought we'd make the effort on Tusday after what happened Saturday.

We started making our way out with 5 mins left, we walked behined the home dug out and the abuse and language that Frank was giving the ref was unbelievable, my old man shouts 'you foul mouth b***t" which is a tad ironic but to our surprise Franky replied with a big loud 'F**K OFF' to which my old man replied 'Very Classy' to which Frank shouted 'F**K OFF YOU FAT B****D'!

I Wish I had filmed it now, to be fair their bench and supportors were as gobsmacked as us by it all, they did not look impressed.

Just thought you guys would like to hear the tale, ive never seen a team official retaliate never mind shout and screem like that at fans, we found it highly amusing, cant really complain as  my old man started it I suppose but like someone else has put on here, Alty have clearly got under this guys skin.

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Another story regarding Frank
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 01:22:26 PM »

Hi, I dont go to many games but thought we'd make the effort on Tusday after what happened Saturday.

We started making our way out with 5 mins left, we walked behined the home dug out and the abuse and language that Frank was giving the ref was unbelievable,
On Saturday I spent most of the first half adjacent to his dugout and was also staggered by the foul language he was using toward both the ref and the liner on his side. I don't normally get that close to dugouts so I don't know if four-lettered abuse towards the officials is the norm. (Obviously it is at Colwyn Bay). Perhaps someone could enlighten me. I'm surprised the officials just ignored it.

Hamilton

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 05:55:41 PM »

We started making our way out with 5 mins left, we walked behined the home dug out and the abuse and language that Frank was giving the ref was unbelievable,
On Saturday I spent most of the first half adjacent to his dugout and was also staggered by the foul language he was using toward both the ref and the liner on his side. I don't normally get that close to dugouts so I don't know if four-lettered abuse towards the officials is the norm. (Obviously it is at Colwyn Bay). Perhaps someone could enlighten me. I'm surprised the officials just ignored it.

Rarely heard much bad language from the dugouts at the JD when I was able to go regularly. I used to sit on the front row of the main stand near the away dugout.

thegazelle

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 08:17:23 PM »

it could any be so easily sorted . a mandate fromthe FA saying .

from a certain date anyone who swears at an official will be booked and a repeat they will be sent off !

that should apply from the highest level

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 09:14:34 PM »

Rarely heard much bad language from the dugouts at the JD when I was able to go regularly. I used to sit on the front row of the main stand near the away dugout.
tbh ray standing next to me and phil you must be used to the amount of verbals the officials get  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
FFS

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 09:15:10 PM »

from a certain date anyone who swears at an official will be booked and a repeat they will be sent off !

There doesnt need to be a mandate, as using foul and abusive language to an official is a 'Red Card' offence. The referee is quite within his right to send a member of the club from the field or dugout for such an offence.

As I said on another post, there seems to be rules that apply to everyone but Frank Sinclair.

York Alty

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2013, 09:26:42 PM »

There doesnt need to be a mandate, as using foul and abusive language to an official is a 'Red Card' offence. The referee is quite within his right to send a member of the club from the field or dugout for such an offence.

As I said on another post, there seems to be rules that apply to everyone but Frank Sinclair.

and is an arrestable offence I am sure.

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2013, 11:35:21 PM »

tbh ray standing next to me and phil you must be used to the amount of verbals the officials get  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Yes Stu, I'm used to the speccies abusing the ref - after all we've paid for the privilege, but not the team managers.  :o
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 11:46:19 PM by buryalty »

catherinestreet

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2013, 08:09:16 AM »

Only in the football world would anyone be surprised by swearing being the response to..........swearing.

Everywhere else it would not be surprising.

Football fans everywhere want it both ways - they can swear and abuse as they like, but if anyone dares do it back they get all uppity.

;D

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2013, 10:50:00 AM »

Only in the football world would anyone be surprised by swearing being the response to..........swearing.

Everywhere else it would not be surprising.

Football fans everywhere want it both ways - they can swear and abuse as they like, but if anyone dares do it back they get all uppity.

;D
Take no notice Gregsie. Great first post, glad you found the episode amusing, no evidence of "upitiness"  IMHO. Ah, Macc fans.......

Jezza

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2013, 11:05:14 AM »

I think Catherine comes on here for a bit of male attention, all the males in macc being..erm..busy....in the fields....

I remember some of the banter the cote used to give refs at least had a touch of humour about it.....and to be fair he didn't swear that much, I think his favourite was bag 'o' sh*te....

altyherealtythere

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2013, 12:37:58 PM »

I remember John Aldridge picking up a few reds at Tranmere for swearing at the ref.

My understand was that if the ref wanted to, he could send a player off for swearing at him.

most seem to just take the stick and not do owt about it.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team