PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Team News
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Team News  (Read 9611 times)

VofD

Re: Team News
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2013, 09:24:12 PM »

the manager has basically picked the team that f**ked up so badly at Trafford....who saw another defeat coming after superb team selection?

The man needs to go, it's absolutely laughable, when I suggested he'd drop reeves and play smikle and perry I was joking!!!!!!

He should be given his P45 tonight. >:( >:(

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2013, 09:33:26 PM »

Bemused by the selection

Bemused why we can't put some youth into the squad

Another poor result

ParkINson's red and white army

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2013, 09:40:26 PM »

Sounded like we had no ideas at all in the second half
Harold

Hamilton

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2013, 10:07:33 PM »

We seem to be treading water at the moment and going nowhere fast.
I can see why Perry was picked and he didn't seem to play too badly tonight. Reeves, for him, is going through a very lean spell.
I expect Smickle was picked to give the team more width with no Clee and no cover for Doughty at l/b if he goes forward.

I'm not saying I agree with the selections - I would have gone 3-4-3 with Doughty and Dens either side of the "4" but I can see the logic. However, with just a couple or so of injuries we do not have sufficient cover.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2013, 10:14:34 PM »

Doesn't look good. How long before Guisely bid for Reevsey...

The powers that be won't sack LS its not in their nature. I bet he will be here this time next season unless he falls on his sword.

Face facts Lee... You won't achieve f**k all with a threadbare squad. I reckon I could have identified a couple of players by now.

The way things are panning out we could soon have a better indoor bowling team than a football team.

JackSwindells No 1 Fan

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2013, 10:38:06 PM »

Tonight should have been the start of a decent run after going top. Huge lost opportunity and as I have said before we have bottled too many/almost all the"big" games. Yes, Leek & Trafford were "big" games. Play offs are a lottery, the only way out is by wining it.

We could easily be down to mid table by Jan 1st. If so kiss bye bye to promotion.

I hate feeling like this, so many things are great about our club, but what happens on the pitch is so important. If I beleived we should be a mid table FCN team I wouldn't get upset about recent form. THIS IS AL ABOUT LOST OPPORTUNITY.

bighairedmike

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2013, 01:01:28 AM »

Glad I decided to give this one a miss. Sounds dreadful.

We might sneak the playoffs if we're lucky.

And let's be honest, the team is weaker than last year's team so why should we expect any more?

No Watmore and no service to Reeves and when Clee doesn't play we lose.

No creativity nor flare.  Smikle is a very poor attempt at trying to create flare and when you're looking at a 2 stone overweight centre forward to save the day by winning an occasional knock down header for Walshaw to run after you realise that you're trouble.

One of the few players to come out of tonight with any credibility. If you weren't there then I wouldn't judge to be honest.

I can't be arsed going into it all tonight as I've had hardly any sleep since Friday morning, was at work from 6am this morning and am back in at 6am today having just got home. For anybody who doesn't want to jump to conclusions that are completely false then you should read Hamiltons post on the second page of this thread. I'll air my full views tomorrow.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2013, 08:45:44 AM »

Of course the squad needs strengthening but where do people expect the money to come from to add to it?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2013, 09:03:09 AM »

Even taking into account two injuries and one drop out through illness, the budget should be big enough to leave us with more than 13 available senior players (12 if you omit the awful Smikle).

For me, the board have given Lee Sinnott every chance to put a squad together that is capable of winning this league. I'm not saying Lee should be sacked, but he needs to seriously earn his corn over the coming weeks and months. If he does so, fair play to him, but he appears to have a mountain to climb if we're to become serious title challengers. Other teams will kick on over the next few months, without a doubt and I fear we're going to get left behind unless something pretty special happens.

Oh, and any suggestion that the community sports hall is hindering our efforts on the pitch is rubbish in my opinion. It's been made quite clear that the revenue streams for this project are entirely separate from our playing budget.
Come on Alty!

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2013, 09:12:32 AM »

Glad I decided to give this one a miss. Sounds dreadful.

We might sneak the playoffs if we're lucky.

And let's be honest, the team is weaker than last year's team so why should we expect any more?

No Watmore and no service to Reeves and when Clee doesn't play we lose.

No creativity nor flare.  Smikle is a very poor attempt at trying to create flare and when you're looking at a 2 stone overweight centre forward to save the day by winning an occasional knock down header for Walshaw to run after you realise that you're trouble.

One of the few players to come out of tonight with any credibility. If you weren't there then I wouldn't judge to be honest.

I can't be arsed going into it all tonight as I've had hardly any sleep since Friday morning, was at work from 6am this morning and am back in at 6am today having just got home. For anybody who doesn't want to jump to conclusions that are completely false then you should read Hamiltons post on the second page of this thread. I'll air my full views tomorrow.

Hang on a minute, i'm not making a judgement on 1 game this season I have missed so don't give it the big un.

I am simply comparing this year's attacking line up to last year's and it is uncomparable.

Get back in your box. You went to Gloucester, good on you.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2013, 09:15:48 AM »

For the budget to allow for more players it would need to be bigger. So who's going to blob up the money? Alternatively you release players to free up cash but if those players are on contract you'd have to sell them, and that's unlikely, or hope that one gets offered the job as assistant manager at another club. Unless there's a big injection of cash in the near future I think Altrincham fans need to work on managing their expectations.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2013, 09:19:36 AM »

But surely it's also about the manager making better use of the budget that's available to him in the first instance?
Come on Alty!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2013, 09:21:52 AM »

For the budget to allow for more players it would need to be bigger. So who's going to blob up the money? Alternatively you release players to free up cash but if those players are on contract you'd have to sell them, and that's unlikely, or hope that one gets offered the job as assistant manager at another club. Unless there's a big injection of cash in the near future I think Altrincham fans need to work on managing their expectations.

Come off it Ian, even clubs with gates 200 have more than 14 players...

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2013, 09:28:22 AM »

But who is paying for them? Are they any good? You could have a squad of twenty-two kids on work experience but where would it get you?  I'd be amazed if the board are sitting on some reserve of unspent cash. Look what happened when they threw some money at trying to clinch promotion last season -  a thirty grand loss.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2013, 09:34:22 AM »

What's probably crippled us (and this is speculation to some extent) is that we've got two players in Perry and Smikle who, although Perry may have shown signs of improvement, to a large extent have used up two good wages that could have been better spent.

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing, but it's about how the money is spent, not how much of it is available.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 09:39:36 AM by Paul Cain's Chip Pan »
Come on Alty!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Team News