PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Season over
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Season over  (Read 20970 times)

Jimmy

Re: Season over
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2013, 10:43:32 PM »

He can't change the players at the back he only has 4
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 10:51:18 PM by Jimmy »

VofD

« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2013, 10:47:36 PM »

Incidentally this is a team which battered Hednesford 5-1 on Saturday

Incidentally, this was a team who were 20th (TWENTIETH) in the league at kick off. >:( >:(

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2013, 10:53:07 PM »

If Uwe Rosler brings his own people in at Wigan id offer graham barrow the world to manage here, played our best football in years when he was number 2 under graham Heathcote

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2013, 10:54:42 PM »

If Uwe Rosler brings his own people in at Wigan id offer graham barrow the world to manage here, played our best football in years when he was number 2 under graham Heathcote

That's a great shout, but not at all sure I can see it happening.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Hamilton

« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2013, 10:58:47 PM »

How can anyone say the season is over - we still have the CSC to fight for (and despite our disappointing form) are still in a decent position in the league.

As for telling people to F*** off on this forum; I think there are better ways to express ourselves.

And you can F**K OFF as well. You are in Irvine, whilst us down here are paying a lot of money to watch this total sh*te. And you having to respond to every post and try to be funny,REALLY DOES MT F*****G HEAD IN.

Don't you think I'd rather have the chance to get to every game you foolish man!

Your comments are both very unconstructive and highly insulting.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2013, 11:00:21 PM »

Incidentally this is a team which battered Hednesford 5-1 on Saturday

Incidentally, this was a team who were 20th (TWENTIETH) in the league at kick off. >:( >:(

They also battered Hednesford 5-1 in their last game. Possibly the start of a climb up the table for Gloucester.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2013, 11:21:17 PM »

Some good performances today - perry played really well, buzz attacked brightly, Scott and Luca both excellent, Smikle grew in confidence from a low base as the game went on.  In short we were unlucky and could easily have won (whilst not playing well) on another day.

The lack of depth in the squad is certainly an issue and needs to be resolved, but we dominated long periods of this game and I think some of the criticism expressed here is over harsh.

I have been watching away midweek performances like this for over 40 years, and complain as I may I will be there the next chance I get

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2013, 11:22:29 PM »

If I was brutally honest and this gives me no pleasure, this is where I see us at

1) Coburn. GK
2) Densmore. RB
3) Havern CB
4) New addition CB
5) New addition LB
6) Wilkinson RM
7) Richman CM
8) new addition CM
9) Clee LW
10) Reeves CF
11) Walshaw CF

BENCH
Doughty
Leather
Moult
Lawrie
New addition CF

I know football is a game of opinions and someone always ends up upset, but that's the way i see it at present. It needs to a brute of a centre mid in the carmody/hussain mold.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2013, 12:01:50 AM »

Well with, by my estimation, 26 games and therefore 78 points still available I really do not see how the season can be over.

Out of the FA Cup to Trafford, out of the FA Trophy to Leek, losing 2-0 to gloucester and dropping down the league playing Smikle and Perry, do you really think Sinnout should stay?

As for the season being over, it isnt, but with Sinnout in charge it may as well be.

Simply

Yes

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2013, 12:02:48 AM »

Well with, by my estimation, 26 games and therefore 78 points still available I really do not see how the season can be over.

F**K OFF

Thank you for your considered response

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2013, 12:50:02 AM »

I don't like to comment to much on games i haven't been to but , we did hit woodwork twice , had a goal disallowed and by the sounds of it there second took a wicked deflection , don't think its the end of our season , yes we need strengthen squad and maybe its time to give some experience to the youth team players on the bench  , i hope the friendly on sat can be used to try them out , and maybe we might have some trialists to look at .

bumble

« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2013, 01:29:33 AM »

Season can be over quicklynif we dont make signings

Furious at tonight. I havent been this annoyed since the playoffs.

To have two senior players on the bench is disgusting. And one of the most ginpot things ever.

Mock brackley or ferriby but that have a sqaud.

Sign players. We're 5 months in now. Its time to sign players now and win this league.

markecky

« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2013, 02:13:38 AM »

Don't know what's worse, travelling to Cheltenham to watch Brian Smikle start or reading my facebook when I got back.

Another week goes by and still the faces don't arrive.  They can be any faces for me now to be honest, the squad needs freshening and the a team that oicks itself isn't competitive.

The posts telling people to f off left right and centre have been deleted, think we can do better than that.

Who exactly are you trying to hurt by never going again?  Sinnott won't miss you or be affected by it, you're only hurting your own football club.

No one will be interested by anything that happened on the pitch tonight I'm sure so I'll not bother talking about that.  Reason for 4 subs as that Moult was ill at the pickup point so had to be dropped off again just for info.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 02:21:15 AM by markecky »

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2013, 03:02:32 AM »

How can it be season over when we are 4 points behind the leaders with a game in hand? There is plenty of time for LS to put things right and get us promoted this season.I think it's too early to panic just yet.
They really should be beating teams like us

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2013, 04:25:58 PM »

Whilst our season is clearly not over, the patient is certainly in A&E and Sinnott urgently needs to apply the defibrillators.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Season over