PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 TONIGHT
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: TONIGHT  (Read 16437 times)

Louise1234

Re: TONIGHT
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2014, 10:43:02 PM »

What chance now for Saturday, I hope it is rained off, no Clee, Walshaw? Richman? Leather?  I couldn't watch, might take a blind fold with me  :-[
Get it called off

Louise1234

« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2014, 10:51:11 PM »

we have one of the best if not the best squad in this league need to find right formula and be consistent
Alty's squad certain is up there certainly in the best two squads, along with Telford, who in my personal opinion have the best squad. Alty players know that this league is there for the taking at this moment in time, if Alty hadn't thrown silly points away they could find themselves 4 or 5 points clear by now. Although 4 or 5 points clear doesn't mean you're nailed on for the league, it's certainly more comfortable than being 2 or 3 behind. What Alty don't want to do now Is to lose to Telford on Saturday. They are rapidly improving and it's looking pretty ominous for the rest of the conference north.

Hamilton

« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2014, 10:57:10 PM »

Looks like 3-5-2 hasn't worked. We move on. He's not playing Higg in midfield possibly because he's just come back from injury? I don't know but new players = some disarray in the team and we're not going to click overnight. I know this is a good opportunity for the "SINNOUT" brigade but a bit more patience is due I think, especially as we're still 3rd in the league.

FFS
Why was it obvious to all that we got away with this formation on Saturday? Luckily. Shouldn't the manager be smarter than the fans? My patience time-clock started at Gigg Lane when we played FCUM  a couple of years ago. By his substitutions ( especially taking Jack Redshaw off)  he ensured we lost the ascendency we had at that time and went on to lose. He has continually demonstrated since that day he does not know who best to select or where to play his players. It's consistent. It's continual. It's Sinnott. You can argue he's better than Heathcote and McKenna but he's not the Messiah. We can do better.

He's a very naughty boy!

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2014, 11:10:52 PM »

And a member of the PFJ........poor fkn judgement
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 11:13:18 PM by buryalty »

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2014, 11:16:09 PM »

Just back. It was a dreadful display, with too many players under par, not helped by playing two of our key performers out of position, Luca and Nicky. Of most concern to me is the apparent abandonment of the passing football that has characterised our play for the last 18 months. Last season's corresponding game saw the best 45 mins of LS's tenure with Lawrie playing in the middle behind Reeves, a similar formation saw the 2nd half demolition of Guiseley.  This was a much poorer Trinity side who didn't have to do more than work hard and wait to be gifted goals. The fact we scored 4 is more a reflection on their vulnerability than our creativity I'm afraid. Can't fault Kyle for his workrate, I just think his inclusion means our playing style suffers as a result. A lot for LS to ponder, we can still get promoted and even win the league, but not if we manage to conjour up a performance anything like this again.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2014, 11:58:36 PM »

ATS, would you like to try and defend the idiot? If so, please start another thread cos I like the flavour of this one.

Well as I have been told on here more times than I'd care to count that I cannot comment on a game I didn't see NO I wouldn't

However, on a more general note I find it a combination of frustrating and perversely amusing how opinion on here can vacillate so extremely. On any given match day (when we win) LS is almost a demi god in the eyes of some. However should we lose or in certain cases merely draw with teams percieved by some correspondents as inferior he is quite the most clueless buffoon ever to see the light of day. Should we then win again in the following fixture, some are raising a statue to him.

Just an observation on the peculiarities of football supporters in general and, might I say Alty fans more specifically?

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2014, 12:26:30 AM »

ATS, would you like to try and defend the idiot? If so, please start another thread cos I like the flavour of this one.

Well as I have been told on here more times than I'd care to count that I cannot comment on a game I didn't see NO I wouldn't

However, on a more general note I find it a combination of frustrating and perversely amusing how opinion on here can vacillate so extremely. On any given match day (when we win) LS is almost a demi god in the eyes of some. However should we lose or in certain cases merely draw with teams percieved by some correspondents as inferior he is quite the most clueless buffoon ever to see the light of day. Should we then win again in the following fixture, some are raising a statue to him.

Just an observation on the peculiarities of football supporters in general and, might I say Alty fans more specifically?
i actually agree phil :)
ParkINson's red and white army

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2014, 12:36:06 AM »

I agree with you as well........ups then downs...........and then the cycle repeats
I will sit on the fence and reserve my judgement until the management team have completed 3 seasons at Moss Lane with what has often been described by some as as a 'competitive budget'
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2014, 12:42:09 AM »

Thats the fans prerogative , thats why we have a forum to vent our feelings ,and our feelings change depending on how we perform on any given game , we all can manage  the team from the touchline ,but would we be able to do the job for real ,not me im sure .

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2014, 07:48:00 AM »

I don know why you're all getting upset, AFC Telford will catch fire and win this league anyway.

Saturday is certainly going to be interesting.
Hopefully their new star signing " apparently" wont be signed this week, before Alty play them.

Looks like its andy Mangan from Wrexham and he's not that good anymore
Bernard Taylors barmy army

markecky

« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2014, 08:17:34 AM »

Not ploughing through all this as its too depressing on top  of last night.

Manager gambled on the new formation working 2nd time out and it didn't. However screaming about the manager is great news for the players as it masks some truely dreadful individual performances that were nothing to do with positions.

And as for having a go at Perry, he scored twice, hit the bar and was involved in most things up front. Best player of a bad bunch last night.

Back to the drawing board on Saturday.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 08, 2014, 08:19:54 AM »

Agree about perry mate, a fantastic performance by him

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2014, 08:25:03 AM »

Perry has scored nine goals this season ,five in the last five games , good return for such a bad player .

Pat

« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2014, 10:09:25 AM »

Not ploughing through all this as its too depressing on top  of last night.

Manager gambled on the new formation working 2nd time out and it didn't. However screaming about the manager is great news for the players as it masks some truely dreadful individual performances that were nothing to do with positions.

And as for having a go at Perry, he scored twice, hit the bar and was involved in most things up front. Best player of a bad bunch last night.

Back to the drawing board on Saturday.

how can you expect players to play well when they playing out of position? Clearly down to the manager

Perry has upped his game recently, fair play to him. But it dose nothing for our overall style of play, which used to be passing!

Trouty

« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2014, 10:13:49 AM »

I am not LS biggest fan and some of his tactical decisions do baffle me but blaming him for everything is just the easy option.

Too many players are having a good game one week bad game the next, maybe this is Sinnotts fault for not
motivatiing them(Im not sure) and changing formations but we have played badly defensively when playing 442.

Last nights match could have been so different if Reeves had scored his2 one on ones in the first half and
players were not trying to be too clever on the edge of their own box and being dispossesed but whos to blame for this?

Perry was my m.o.m last night but I think when he is in the team its an easy option just to lump the ball up to him rather than keep
the ball on the ground and play football but this is not perrys fault.

Was the signing of DH forced on the manager, had he been in his plans before xmas why would he have signed Marshall?

LS is not going to be sacked do we might as well concentrate on getting behind the team and try and win this league
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 TONIGHT