PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 TONIGHT
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: TONIGHT  (Read 16551 times)

bighairedmike

Re: TONIGHT
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2014, 11:47:48 AM »

Not ploughing through all this as its too depressing on top  of last night.

Manager gambled on the new formation working 2nd time out and it didn't. However screaming about the manager is great news for the players as it masks some truely dreadful individual performances that were nothing to do with positions.

And as for having a go at Perry, he scored twice, hit the bar and was involved in most things up front. Best player of a bad bunch last night.

Back to the drawing board on Saturday.

how can you expect players to play well when they playing out of position[/b]? Clearly down to the manager

Perry has upped his game recently, fair play to him. But it dose nothing for our overall style of play, which used to be passing!

For the first 20 minutes only Nicky Clee was playing out of position, and that was in a role he excelled in when we played Hednesford at home.

markecky

« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2014, 12:40:03 PM »

Not ploughing through all this as its too depressing on top  of last night.

Manager gambled on the new formation working 2nd time out and it didn't. However screaming about the manager is great news for the players as it masks some truely dreadful individual performances that were nothing to do with positions.

And as for having a go at Perry, he scored twice, hit the bar and was involved in most things up front. Best player of a bad bunch last night.

Back to the drawing board on Saturday.

how can you expect players to play well when they playing out of position? Clearly down to the manager

Perry has upped his game recently, fair play to him. But it dose nothing for our overall style of play, which used to be passing!

I wasn't talking about goals conceded due to people not being sure of what they were doing, that is certainly down to the manager.  I just mean that no manager can be responsible for some of the poor individual errors made last night at both ends.

Totally agree about passing but my opinion is that we still have a glaring gap on the right.  I believe we are trying to fill it but it has to happen soon.

If we had an outlet on the right it would change a lot I feel, give us options.  Perry could lay it out to either side if nothing on for him or Reeves.  For now everything has to be to the left and if Nicky Clee plays inside then we don't have a left either.

For me on Saturday its Danny in for Marshall, Leather at RB if better, dens RM, Griffin at LB with Doughty left wing, Moult and Richman (if better otherwise Rodgers) in the middle and Perry and Reeves up front.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2014, 12:47:29 PM »

Actiually, and perhaps with hindsight i would not have started Higgy until we had at least had a couple of training sessions so that we could work out how to play with 3 at the back, or with Havern in midfield, or with Higgy in midfield, or...

Lets not try to find out if something works when 4-1 down.

If he was Chester's best player in the Conf national, then he can be ours too.  But we need to make sure that everyone is comfortable with a Plan A formation, and their role in it and with a Plan B formation also.

We cannot afford defensive frailty on Saturday.  I would look to reproduce the formation and personnel of the 1-0 grinded out wins over Solihull and Brackley even if that means Higgy on bench

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2014, 12:49:45 PM »

ATS, would you like to try and defend the idiot? If so, please start another thread cos I like the flavour of this one.

However, on a more general note I find it a combination of frustrating and perversely amusing how opinion on here can vacillate so extremely. On any given match day (when we win) LS is almost a demi god in the eyes of some. However should we lose or in certain cases merely draw with teams percieved by some correspondents as inferior he is quite the most clueless buffoon ever to see the light of day. Should we then win again in the following fixture, some are raising a statue to him.

Just an observation on the peculiarities of football supporters in general and, might I say Alty fans more specifically?

In a roundabout fashion there, Phil, you have actually captured the essence of Lee Sinnott's tenure at Moss Lane/The J Davidson Stadium.

Every time that we look like we are making real progress, we invariably shoot ourselves in the foot/lose a game.

Alas, it's symptomatic of Sinnott's reign and remains a deeply frustrating pattern.

Consequently, the support is divided into three schools of thought in relation to our current manager.

There are true believers, like yourself, who have already been converted to the cause.

Then there are those supporters who deem that we have the players to gain promotion but who have yet to be convinced as regards whether Sinnott is the man to lead us to The Promised Land (and I suspect that this section will include the majority of the Alty faithful. It's certainly the category in which I reside).

Finally, there are those who have already lost faith in Sinnott's methods.

Who knows who's actually right....?!

« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 02:31:29 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2014, 01:44:23 PM »

I'm in the middle camp, but I believe the team we had at the start of the season would have won that game. I don't see too much forward progress.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2014, 02:00:30 PM »

The team on the pitch at the start of the season were criticised for how poorly they were playing despite getting the results.

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2014, 02:18:28 PM »

The team on the pitch now are being criticised for playing poorly as well as not getting the results

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2014, 02:27:07 PM »

On any given match day (when we win) LS is almost a demi god in the eyes of some.

I'm not so sure I've seen a single post praising Lee Sinnott to such dizzy heights. Yours are usually the closest to defending the indefensible.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2014, 03:05:29 PM »

On any given match day (when we win) LS is almost a demi god in the eyes of some.

I'm not so sure I've seen a single post praising Lee Sinnott to such dizzy heights. Yours are usually the closest to defending the indefensible.

Got to agree, on here at least, LS has very few committed fans given some of the excellent stuff we've played over the last couple of seasons. I reckon he's a good manager and wants to play good football, I just think there's a feeling he's not a 'winner'. Go on LS prove me wrong, please!

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2014, 05:54:41 PM »

Got to agree, on here at least, LS has very few committed fans given some of the excellent stuff we've played over the last couple of seasons. I reckon he's a good manager and wants to play good football, I just think there's a feeling he's not a 'winner'. Go on LS prove me wrong, please!

I would say Sinnott's own background and personality probably has something to do with this. He isn't a jovial sort of character who you can have a pint in the bar with (like Bernard Taylor) and he isn't an ex playing hero who will inspire sentimental feeling (like King or Heathcote) so when the chips are down he doesn't have as much of a committed vocal following.

I back him. I can see the frustrations and everyone will have different opinions. The pros still outweigh the cons for now.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 TONIGHT