PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 OH DANNY ,
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: OH DANNY ,  (Read 23172 times)

ripleym

Re: OH DANNY ,
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2014, 12:43:10 PM »

I think the people who could benefit from this are the current Alty Supporters FC squad.

If he is no longer a pro, and a genuine supporter, does that technically make him eligible for the IFA league, without being considered a 'ringer'?

I have already tweeted him as to his availability, but given the lack of response I assume he his discussing with his family :-D

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2014, 12:44:28 PM »

How do you go from I need to keep fit for Gibraltar have 18 months left in me love Chester but Media gets in the way, always wanted to play for Alty to my heart is not in it and I have thought long and hard about retiring in 1 week.

I smell a lot of BS.

At last, a not unreasonable observation that would have been made sooner if the player had not been known to so many of you.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2014, 01:05:03 PM »

How do you go from I need to keep fit for Gibraltar have 18 months left in me love Chester but Media gets in the way, always wanted to play for Alty to my heart is not in it and I have thought long and hard about retiring in 1 week.

I smell a lot of BS.

+1

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2014, 01:13:19 PM »

Who knows what to think.

In one of my madder moments it did occur to me that he might have "Paid to play" to fulfil a lifetime dream.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2014, 02:11:58 PM »

I think the people who could benefit from this are the current Alty Supporters FC squad.

If he is no longer a pro, and a genuine supporter, does that technically make him eligible for the IFA league, without being considered a 'ringer'?

I have already tweeted him as to his availability, but given the lack of response I assume he his discussing with his family :-D

Probably not the best of timing mate TBH, he is at a life crossroads and I expect his head will be all over the place. Sportsmen are different from your general man on the street, we expect to work until we are ready to stop and take it easy, later on in life, as a footballer, athlete, cricketer, whatever your life takes a massive turn generally when most of us consider ourselves to be in their prime. Many sportsmen retire and find themselves at a complete loss.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

markecky

« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2014, 02:14:07 PM »

I smell a lot of BS.

Before this turns into a storm, is this one of those banter posts or an in joke that no one else will get or your opinion on the matter?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 02:16:58 PM by markecky »

Frosty

« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2014, 02:21:23 PM »

he is a top man and not a bs'er. i am sure he would be happy to discuss it with you face to face if you have issues. The man has been so honest its untrue, he promised to play for alty yes, he gave it a go after admitting losing the love and it didn't work out, now lets move on

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2014, 04:25:22 PM »

Who knows what to think.

In one of my madder moments it did occur to me that he might have "Paid to play" to fulfil a lifetime dream.
who did he pay.?
ParkINson's red and white army

ripleym

« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2014, 04:54:28 PM »

Probably not the best of timing mate TBH, he is at a life crossroads and I expect his head will be all over the place. Sportsmen are different from your general man on the street, we expect to work until we are ready to stop and take it easy, later on in life, as a footballer, athlete, cricketer, whatever your life takes a massive turn generally when most of us consider ourselves to be in their prime. Many sportsmen retire and find themselves at a complete loss.

It was all tongue in cheek stuff, but take your point around timing...

arnald

« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2014, 05:05:37 PM »

OH DANNY BOY the pipes the pipes are calling

Jenga

« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2014, 06:19:04 PM »

I smell a lot of BS.

Before this turns into a storm, is this one of those banter posts or an in joke that no one else will get or your opinion on the matter?

This is not a banter post, it is what i genuinely believe.

markecky

« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2014, 06:45:39 PM »

I smell a lot of BS.

This is not a banter post, it is what i genuinely believe.

Fair enough mate.

joe

« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2014, 06:57:29 PM »

I smell a lot of BS.

If this wasn't a friend of a few Alty fans I think he'd be getting a lot more stick than he has done tbh. To be fair to Jenga he has had the balls to say what a lot of others are thinking.

MrB

« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2014, 07:12:39 PM »

I'm sorry no one would retire after 2 games unless something seriously wasn't right. It's clear something's gone on or been said. What after 2 games he suddenly realise enough is enough, sorry I'm not having it.

Why would you go through the process of joining a new club and everything that goes with that, if you was going to give up after such a short time.

It will come out in time, it always does. But if you happy to go along with what he said and you believe it more fool you.

markecky

« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2014, 07:17:56 PM »

I smell a lot of BS.

If this wasn't a friend of a few Alty fans I think he'd be getting a lot more stick than he has done tbh. To be fair to Jenga he has had the balls to say what a lot of others are thinking.

My question was genuine mate and I agree with what you say, I just didn't want people getting annoyed about something that was meant to be a joke.  It happens a lot on here.

I'm loving some of these conspiracy theories though.

I reckon someone will accuse "that Rowley" of pocketing the money that Danny paid to play.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 OH DANNY ,