PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Leamingtons Stefan Moore
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Leamingtons Stefan Moore  (Read 17387 times)

Jimmy

Re: Leamingtons Stefan Moore
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2014, 09:52:43 PM »

Easily amused

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2014, 09:53:29 PM »

Easily amused

Aren't I the lucky one?
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Jimmy

« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2014, 09:55:01 PM »

I don't know

eightiesrobin

« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2014, 07:35:04 AM »

I think we all agree that investment is a good thing. What we don't like the idea of is having one man in charge of everything who could throw his toys out of the pram and pull the plug at any given time.
Precisely. And we need to remind ourselves sometimes that we're part-time. In1979-80 winning the Conference (by whatever name) was the bridge from part time to full time. With all the foreign stars coming into the full time ranks, the level we are at  now equates to where we were back then ! Our survival in Conference National last time up was technically the pinnacle of our league achievements, since the vast majority of opponents were full time.

Yes, it does appear that the Skrill Premier is effectively the 5th division of the football league - "League 3" if you will. 
tell that to Halifax, and all the other part time teams who are more than holding their own

Hyde- bottom
Dartford - second bottom
Southport - 19th

Wouldn't say the part time teams are 'holding their own' Nuneaton having a good season but they've just put the whole squad up for sale!
Halifax - 7th
Nuneaton - 9th
Salisbury - 10th
Braintree - 11th
Welling - 14th
Woking - 17th

I would call that holding their own

Chester 22nd. By my reckoning, that means of 10 part-time teams, 6 of them are in the bottom half of the table. 3 more sit just above the bottom half.

Jezza

« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2014, 07:51:52 AM »

we have had backing of the right sort in recent years with carol nash, Geoff Goodwin (free team coaches worth an awful lot) and JD.

Other income could have come from a cup run ffs.

Those of us who have been around following maunders departure and then Gerry berman's departure can assure those of you who weren't that it is not worth the risk of being a businessman's toy for the sake of a short ride....we paid heavily for one promotion with big name players and are now back where we were luckily, we could have been playing one of the northwich teams regularly!!!!

With the break up of the shareholding no-one can have overall control or say in the club so the only serious investment if it comes will be from someone who has the genuine interests of the club at heart....which would be lovely.....meanwhile the likes of brackley and others will be long gone in a few years time....Fleetwood may be seen as a strong example but then Gretna looked fairly safe didn't they?

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2014, 08:48:36 AM »

Notice in my example I did say sponsor, not director putting in loans. A commercial sponsor wouldn't be getting (or expect to get) the money back.

bumble

« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2014, 09:40:22 AM »

Not a single person wants to be a rich play thing. Can people learn there different types of investment?

Theres a difference between Dragons Den and loan sharks money to.invest.

Yes we have to be wary. Nobody wants another ridgeway. But Nobody has said lets sell pur soul just for the sake of .t.

We do things a certain way at the club. We dont do big bold and brash. We dont go  rob players for an extra 50 quid and a pack of quavers. Were a decent honest club. Rowley wouldnt just sell to some.dodgy gangster from.Crewe.

At times I wish we were a bit more shaper in the tooth., But this stability is something we should be proud of. That in 15 years Ill still.be watching the same club and not some.micky mouse AFC version. And I think we have players in the squad who are probably with us because of the harmony and stability here.

But as Ill continue to say, we should always be looking to move the club to the next level. Be it through attracting.solid outside investment like JD scrap and Go Goodwin or  just improving within and getting the little bits sorted. If we do all we can, Ill sit back and say nothing, however things can always be improved.

For all those who say how good the club is, and how much weve got to be proud, just think. If wed have stopped pushing forward wed have no Alty TV, No Radio Robins etc. This club has amazing potential and nobody want to jepodise that position for the sake of a few golden years but the beauty of stability is it gives you a great foundation to push forward!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 09:52:40 AM by Jack Jolly »

Pat

« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2014, 09:56:47 AM »

Spot on Jack

By the way eightiesrobin Chester are full time, hence why they lost their best players and are no struggling

eightiesrobin

« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2014, 10:18:40 AM »

Spot on Jack

By the way eightiesrobin Chester are full time, hence why they lost their best players and are no struggling

When did Chester go full time? Everything I can find on the net suggests they were staying p/t for the season. Willing to be corrected, of course.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 13, 2014, 10:47:24 AM »

Chester aren't full time, they lost all their players because they went to 3 training sessions a week from the traditional 2. Salisbury however are full time, and never stopped being full time, hence they steamed straight back through the leagues with successive promotions.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #70 on: January 13, 2014, 10:57:10 AM »

Thanks for clearing that up.

So that's 9 part-time teams, 6 of which are in the bottom half, including 5 in the bottom 8?

Who was the last part-time outfit to win the conference premier?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2014, 11:04:10 AM »

Allegedly burton, but more realistically Kidderminster harriers who went full time after promotion

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2014, 12:08:09 PM »

People who have a lot of money tend to be quite good at investing it in things that will make them more money.

Putting money into a non-league football club is not, on any reasonable understanding of the word, a good investment.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2014, 01:38:14 PM »

If you are going to try to rationalise things where do you stop? Investing in ANY football club is a stupid thing to do if you expect to become richer as a result.

So why bother. We are all hoping to have a successful season and see the team promoted but to what end? So we can see the team lose more than they win next year.

One of my mates supports Oldham and is pretty fed up of seeing them lose on a regular basis. He's actually said a couple of times that things might be better if they got relegated to Division 2. I'm not sure if he's right. Will the revenue streams shrink too leading to smaller budgets and an even weaker team.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2014, 08:45:38 PM »

we have had backing of the right sort in recent years with carol nash, Geoff Goodwin (free team coaches worth an awful lot) and JD.

Other income could have come from a cup run ffs.

Those of us who have been around following maunders departure and then Gerry berman's departure can assure those of you who weren't that it is not worth the risk of being a businessman's toy for the sake of a short ride....we paid heavily for one promotion with big name players and are now back where we were luckily, we could have been playing one of the northwich teams regularly!!!!

With the break up of the shareholding no-one can have overall control or say in the club so the only serious investment if it comes will be from someone who has the genuine interests of the club at heart....which would be lovely.....meanwhile the likes of brackley and others will be long gone in a few years time....Fleetwood may be seen as a strong example but then Gretna looked fairly safe didn't they?

Only if you weren't paying attention. Nobody I knew thought Brooks Mileson was a long term thing...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Leamingtons Stefan Moore