PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Leamingtons Stefan Moore
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Leamingtons Stefan Moore  (Read 17499 times)

Pat

Re: Leamingtons Stefan Moore
« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2014, 09:12:06 PM »

Name a club that hasn't benefited from stable good investment in team and infrastructure?

It's not all about Ridgeway Road, as some would have you believe

Pat

« Reply #76 on: January 13, 2014, 09:24:41 PM »

Allegedly burton, but more realistically Kidderminster harriers who went full time after promotion
if Chester aren't full time Burton most certainly were not

but this is not the point - the point is a well managed semi pro team can succeed in the conference with the right amount of investment

And that is the bracket we should be in, not playing second fiddle to village teams in Skrill North

but it takes bollocks and hard work to get there

investment could be a good thing? Lets not be scared of it, Ridgeway Road is a long way away now
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 09:26:30 PM by Pat »

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2014, 09:27:43 PM »

Who's saying that stable good investment isn't a good thing? That's exactly what most people are advocating.

We ended up at Ridgeway Road because one man held all the cards and nearly closed us down. Only one person on this thread has said they would welcome "a backer" as far as I can see....
Come on Alty!

Pat

« Reply #78 on: January 13, 2014, 09:35:37 PM »

Who's saying that stable good investment isn't a good thing? That's exactly what most people are advocating.

We ended up at Ridgeway Road because one man held all the cards and nearly closed us down. Only one person on this thread has said they would welcome "a backer" as far as I can see....
well lets turn up in big numbers tomorrow then, it will help the coffers

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 13, 2014, 09:38:36 PM »

I still think it's a bit odd to describe someone putting money in and not wanting it back as investment. What we're looking for is a patron, someone who will pick up the tab for ground improvements, infrastructure, even wages etc.

The problem is that if they're not already a supporter, what would motivate someone to put money into the club? Usually, I'd imagine, it would be for ego reasons. They like to be in charge, have people shaking their hand etc. The difficulty with this is that it doesn't really sit well with how the club is run at the moment.

Ideally we'd want someone willing to put their hand in their pocket and then just sit back while the club gets on with it. I don't think there are many of these type of people around though...
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 13, 2014, 09:45:34 PM »

I think "investment", whilst not the dictionary-perfect term, is the generally accepted way of describing this kind of financial input.
Come on Alty!

Pat

« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2014, 09:46:15 PM »

I still think it's a bit odd to describe someone putting money in and not wanting it back as investment. What we're looking for is a patron, someone who will pick up the tab for ground improvements, infrastructure, even wages etc.

The problem is that if they're not already a supporter, what would motivate someone to put money into the club? Usually, I'd imagine, it would be for ego reasons. They like to be in charge, have people shaking their hand etc. The difficulty with this is that it doesn't really sit well with how the club is run at the moment.

Ideally we'd want someone willing to put their hand in their pocket and then just sit back while the club gets on with it. I don't think there are many of these type of people around though...
exactly

you can look at most boards at our level and above and you will find very few that are true supporters

it just the way of life, and always has been. Anyway I buy 10 lottery tickets every week, so fingers crossed

Pat

« Reply #82 on: January 13, 2014, 09:51:00 PM »

I think "investment", whilst not the dictionary-perfect term, is the generally accepted way of describing this kind of financial input.
lol, lets not get to technical

investment in the club is what I mean, not investors balance sheets

Football is f**ked if your going to worry about returns

eightiesrobin

« Reply #83 on: January 13, 2014, 10:32:48 PM »

Another serious question - what is / was Ridgeway Road? Thanks in advance...

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 13, 2014, 11:23:13 PM »

Yes, I'd like to know the answer to that. I thought it was Stockport County's training ground until recently.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Leamingtons Stefan Moore