PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Moss lane
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Moss lane  (Read 5074 times)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Moss lane
« on: March 01, 2014, 06:55:05 PM »

I didn't make it to the ground last week

But I was shocked to stand back and look at how tired our once proud ground is looking

I know the winds were bad but there are now several areas of roofing come off

A large fallen down wall

And the barriers round the ground look worn out

I know money does not grow on trees and improvements are not cheap but I wonder if any works are planned / can be afforded

We are in danger of a new facility on one side whilst the other side falls down :(
ParkINson's red and white army

markecky

Re: Moss lane
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 07:03:23 PM »

The community hall is designed to raise generate funds to maintain the ground.  That's one of the reasons for doing it.

Whilst the ground is tired, the winds ripping down that wall and parts of the roof off are out of the clubs control really and will be replaced on the insurance.

It's why fund raising remains a vital yet often ignored part of the football club.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 07:14:16 PM »

The community hall is designed to raise generate funds to maintain the ground.  That's one of the reasons for doing it.

Whilst the ground is tired, the winds ripping down that wall and parts of the roof off are out of the clubs control really and will be replaced on the insurance.

It's why fund raising remains a vital yet often ignored part of the football club.
good to know we have insurance to cover the damage didn't think we would

And let's hope the community hall goes ahead to aid us longer term

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 07:21:47 PM »

While on the subject of the ground, does anybody know if the now huge scaffolding a permanent arrangement for alty tv? The highlights of the games are great but the scaffolding is ugly and restricts the view from the popular side massively.

RobinHood

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 07:26:36 PM »

Just out of interest, if the ground was renovated/improved/redeveloped/moved - what would your personal preferences/ideas include?

(Agree with the comments about the Pop side + Alty TV btw)

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 08:41:19 PM »

The bit where the wall has blown down is just the right size for a big screen! We can dream.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2014, 08:43:12 PM »

Just out of interest, if the ground was renovated/improved/redeveloped/moved - what would your personal preferences/ideas include?

Ideally?  

Replace the pop side roof and give the main stand a new coat of cladding, or at least a coat of paint.

Install proper toilets at the Chequers end.

Knock down (probably do it with a couple of kicks!) the club shop and replace it with a brick-built structure.

Ditto the away end snack bar.

Plug the gaping hole in the advertising hoardings at the corner of Golf Road / pop side.

Get rid of the scaffolding at the open terrace and perhaps scale down that on the pop side.  

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2014, 09:09:09 PM »

Ideally?  

Replace the pop side roof and give the main stand a new coat of cladding, or at least a coat of paint.

Install proper toilets at the Chequers end.

Knock down (probably do it with a couple of kicks!) the club shop and replace it with a brick-built structure.

Ditto the away end snack bar.

Plug the gaping hole in the advertising hoardings at the corner of Golf Road / pop side.

Get rid of the scaffolding at the open terrace and perhaps scale down that on the pop side.  
that reminds me some kind soul has punched a hole in the chequers end toilets as well

markecky

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2014, 09:26:37 PM »

I couldn't make it when they presented the future plans but that I know that that away end toilets, snack bar and the replacement of the wooden turnstiles were mentioned ( the secretly most rickety part of the ground!) and they would be done in the future if we can get an income stream from the community hall.

Jenga

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2014, 09:53:45 PM »

Will this community hall really make that much money? I dont see it personally but i am sure the relevant people would have looked into it and have a good profitable business plan, because £500,000 to spend on it and not make money would be a travesty.

bumble

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2014, 10:04:32 PM »

Will this community hall really make that much money? I dont see it personally but i am sure the relevant people would have looked into it and have a good profitable business plan, because £500,000 to spend on it and not make money would be a travesty.

if the bar sells jager, then we could fund a football league bid

markecky

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2014, 10:24:06 PM »

It will provide a 5 - 7 day a week income instead of the once a fortnight we have now as well as allowing for the necessary changes to the dressing rooms and new matchday bar that doesn't leek. 

The club aren't spending £500,000 on it, a lot of it is grant funded.  So as well as the unseen benefits of bringing people to the ground on a midweek afternoon who may take an interest in the club it will be a regular income.  It certainly won't make millions but any profit it does make will be welcomed and will allow us to actually maintain the ground for example and maybe even increase the playing budget as well.

One thing is for sure, we can't keep on pouring every penny we have into the playing budget for another 10 years or the ground will crumble around us.  We have to invest in the future as well as chasing the Conference dream.

We should be very grateful that people have put years of work into giving us a chance to build something like this, I don't see it happening at many other grounds, even the ones with millionaires.

It would be very Alty to find some negatives of course..

Jenga

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2014, 11:01:05 PM »

I do agree Ecky, my concern though is will people actually use it and will it generate the income expected or will people go the leisure centre for example.

Fingers cross it works out a treat and the club get something back from the hard work.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2014, 10:18:00 AM »

The bit where the wall has blown down is just the right size for a big screen! We can dream.
Like Mansfields
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2014, 10:22:35 AM »

Has the grant for the community hall been confirmed yet and is the rest of the money likely to be raised?isnt work scheduled to begin in the pre season ?
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Moss lane