PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Moss lane
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Moss lane  (Read 5079 times)

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Moss lane
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2014, 11:27:03 AM »

Has the grant for the community hall been confirmed yet and is the rest of the money likely to be raised?isnt work scheduled to begin in the pre season ?

Please be patient Jack ;)

Jezza

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2014, 12:39:27 PM »

as one who lived through the john maunders era with the actual falling down of the popular side, the destruction of what used to be stood on the family stand and the replacement of a portakabin with conifers....the only ground improvement was the flattening and tarmacking of the grass banks and the mega patio later to become home to the flaggers.......I have to say moss lane is looking in relatively tidy shape.......

The community hall will put right the loss of the old chequers original use and I just wish we'd had the community efforts whilst we were successful in the 70s 80s and early 90s as we may have held onto more fans from that era.....my passenger yesterday made the comment that he'd seen so many kids in alty shirts around town and on local football pitches that he assumed we were having a brilliant season....

For future development I'd like to see in order
a 3G pitch
a car park on the allotments (buy these and move them a mile away or something simple and we can hold a car boot and markets etc
a droyslden type terrace on the chequers end
A new cantilever main stand running the full length of the pitch with community hall and bar underneath and executive boxes/tv gantry at the top
A dane bank type terrace down the pop side
leave the golf road as it!!!
completion for 2017 season please  :)

Hamilton

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2014, 01:12:37 PM »

as one who lived through the john maunders era with the actual falling down of the popular side, the destruction of what used to be stood on the family stand and the replacement of a portakabin with conifers....the only ground improvement was the flattening and tarmacking of the grass banks and the mega patio later to become home to the flaggers.......I have to say moss lane is looking in relatively tidy shape.......

The community hall will put right the loss of the old chequers original use and I just wish we'd had the community efforts whilst we were successful in the 70s 80s and early 90s as we may have held onto more fans from that era.....my passenger yesterday made the comment that he'd seen so many kids in alty shirts around town and on local football pitches that he assumed we were having a brilliant season....

For future development I'd like to see in order
a 3G pitch
a car park on the allotments (buy these and move them a mile away or something simple and we can hold a car boot and markets etc
a droyslden type terrace on the chequers end
A new cantilever main stand running the full length of the pitch with community hall and bar underneath and executive boxes/tv gantry at the top
A dane bank type terrace down the pop side
leave the golf road as it!!!
completion for 2017 season please  :)

The only trouble I see is local residents, who bought houses within a stones throw of a football stadium, complaining about football stadium things going on.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2014, 01:31:06 PM »

Biggest issues for me are:

The roofs on the Golf Road end and Popular Side, they are in very poor condition.  It's ironic that the central section of the Popular Side is one of the most modern and best parts of the ground yet a whole chunk of it is unusable because of scaffolding.

Sort the segregation fencing out properly on the Popular Side too.  In fact I'd say the Popular Side as a whole is a mess.

New toilets and snack bar at the Chequers End.

I don't see the need to spend fortunes building whole new stands and structures if they aren't going to bring money in.  It's largely tidying up and repairing what we already have.  On the whole we have a pretty decent ground.

Hopefully the Community Hall will help with the funding for this.  Even repairs cost a fair bit of money.

markecky

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2014, 01:47:50 PM »

We only fill the 13% of the capacity each fortnight so wouldn't make sense to build anything bigger.  Just maintain what we have and spend the rest on marketing.

Jimmy

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2014, 01:50:28 PM »

Agree no need to expand but the ground looks tired

bumble

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2014, 02:10:30 PM »

We only fill the 13% of the capacity each fortnight so wouldn't make sense to build anything bigger.  Just maintain what we have and spend the rest on marketing.

Our marketing efforts could definitely do with a boost. Wouldnt cost that much. Sponsorship would certainly cover a decent amount of it.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2014, 11:02:20 PM »

The bit where the wall has blown down is just the right size for a big screen! We can dream.
Like Mansfields

Ha ha. I never knew they had one. I used to stand on the terraces at Field Mill in the seventies.

It didn't look that different from Moss Lane in those days. Some one came along with some money in the mean time. 
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Moss lane