News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Keith Davey Charity Match 17/5/2014

Author Topic: Keith Davey Charity Match 17/5/2014  (Read 5852 times)

grthndlr

« on: March 18, 2014, 05:56:21 PM »

Hello,

Following on from a successful North v South Charity Match last year to raise money for Christie's Hospital in which over £1000 was raised, I am organising a game on Saturday 17th May 2014 with the help of Grahame Rowley and Brian Flynn in memory of Keith Davey

A team from the south where I now live will pit there wits against a team of ex Altrincham players and fans and hopefully raise enough money for a lasting memorial to go up in Keith's honour. Grahame has mentioned the possibility of fitting the kitchen of the new community hall once built and a plaque depending on how much is raised.

All the southern team have contributed to play and will be making the journey up at their own expense. Depending on how many Altrincham players confirm will determine how many places are available for Altrincham fans to play. Places are available on a first come first served basis and a contribution will be asked for to go in the fundraising pot.

If you would like the chance to play then please email me at the address below and I will add your name to the list and keep you informed.

If playing is not for you, then please spread the word and do come down on the day and show your support for a man who was Altrincham through and through.

If any of you know any former players that may like to take part, please let me know or pass on my details.

The charity match kick off time will be confirmed when we know the  FA Cup Final kick off time, as we will play either before or after so the two matches do not clash. So why not come down and make a day of it and come down and watch it with us in the club bar and share your memories of Keith and the club with everyone.

Thanks

Gareth

garethdavies@ggdaviesgroup.co.uk
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 06:16:08 PM by Gareth Davies »

grthndlr

Re: Keith Davey Charity Match 17/5/2014
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 10:56:22 AM »

Hello,

I have had some lovely emails regarding Keith and the game and I was just in the process of replying to them all when my computer crashed and all the emails have vanished. Those of you that got in touch and wanted to play or be involved can you resend me your email so I can reply.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks
Gareth

dawno

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 07:37:27 PM »

:) :)

grthndlr

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 09:05:00 PM »

Hello,

Just an update to let you know who has signed on the dotted line  ;) for Altrincham to face a team of southeners!!!
This may change depending on players work commitments but they have all said yes, to date they can make it.

Stuart Coburn
Steve Aspinall
Gary Scott
Peter Band
Chris Adams
Shaun Constable
Dave Cockram
Gareth Whalley
Neil Tolson
Rod Thornley

Paul Showler has said he will try to rearrange some stuff to make it and hopefully Nicky Daws if one of his QPR acadamy sides don't make some final so fingers crossed  :)

I have also left messages for Andy Green, Paul France and a few others so hopefully we will get a good turn out.

Please pass the word around, come and show support, meet some old players and remember Keith over a pint or two

markecky

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 10:31:32 AM »

Have this post sticky at the top, deserves some good support.

dawno

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 01:41:32 PM »

I would like to help xx

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2014, 08:02:24 AM »

I would like to help xx

Dawn.... I see you playing as a midfield general dictating the pattern of the game ;)

On a serious note. Well done to all concerned on arranging this for a stalwart of the club

dawno

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2014, 01:25:35 PM »

I would like to help xx

Dawn.... I see you playing as a midfield general dictating the pattern of the game ;)

On a serious note. Well done to all concerned on arranging this for a stalwart of the club

The ball wouldn't get past me lol

taxi Phil

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2014, 10:33:12 PM »

An entertaining afternoon as the Legends cruised to a 10-0 victory, spearheaded by 4 goal Rod Thornley (a couple of real quality finishes) and a hat trick from Neil Tolson.

Colin Little finally scored after failing to put away half a dozen reasonable chances, and the frame of the goal was struck 5 or 6 times.

As always, a pleasure to watch Val Owen, Robbie Lawton, Pottsy, Scotty.....and Shaun Constable.

Cameo appearance from Tom Jacobs, who didn't look out of place......and an assured performance at centre back from young Brown, who looks a very decent prospect.

And of course AJ in goal, who not content with his clean sheet came out to finish the game up front and net the final goal.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2014, 11:22:17 AM »

It was a pleasure for Bethany and I to run the line. Hope it raised a good amount of money?

dawno

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2014, 01:28:20 PM »

It was a pleasure for Bethany and I to run the line. Hope it raised a good amount of money?

Thank you so much
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team