News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 "Axeman" Munroe

Author Topic: "Axeman" Munroe  (Read 7494 times)

Daycare Dan

"Axeman" Munroe
« on: April 15, 2007, 02:44:14 PM »

Found this on the official site from July 2005, seams Karl is still having trouble giving away silly fouls and bookings!!

KARL CALMER NOW
New Alty signing Karl Munroe was with Oldham Athletic as a schoolboy and also played for Manchester Boys alongside Wes Brown. He then joined Swansea City as a YTS trainee and earned a contract during which he made one appearance for the first team. In 1999 he left on a free transfer for a brief spell at Haverfordwest. After a trial with Brighton, he signed for Macc in summer 1999 and played in central midfield. In his first season there he earned the nickname 'Axeman' as "15 bookings left him with the reputation as Britain's dirtiest player". "That's when the change came", Karl told Manchester Online, "I knew I had to stop giving away silly fouls and getting silly bookings. I still aim to be a battler in midfield, but as I play more I'm learning to time my interventions better". He spent most of last season at Halifax before joing the Vics in April 2005.

Alex

Re: "Axeman" Munroe
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 03:09:49 PM »

he earned the nickname 'Axeman' as "15 bookings left him with the reputation as Britain's dirtiest player". "

well he sertainly is trying his hardest to pick up where maddox left off  ;D

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 09:39:02 AM »

Don't actually recall Mad Dog pushing people over when the ball wasn't actually anywhere near do you.

Yeah, okay he got more than his fair share of cards of a variety of hues but he was also totally commited to Alty

I suppose it's easy to have a dig at someone who's no longer at the club though eh?

bighairedmike

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 09:49:21 AM »

Don't actually recall Mad Dog pushing people over when the ball wasn't actually anywhere near do you.

Yeah, okay he got more than his fair share of cards of a variety of hues but he was also totally commited to Alty

I suppose it's easy to have a dig at someone who's no longer at the club though eh?

you make it sound as though Karl Munroe isn't totally comitted to alty ???

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 10:11:37 AM »

Please don't twist my words to fit your agenda and perspective.

I never either said or intimated that.

My point was that Karl Munroe has given away some quite ridiculously stupid penalties this season which have cost us points.

Mark Maddox was a bit of a loose cannon at times and as I say he did pick up more cards than was good for either him or the team, probably some of the Red cards also cost the team. Mark was however totally commited to Alty and i think it is disingenuous to criticise a player who is no longer at the Club

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 02:28:29 PM »

This thread: How to make a mountain out of a molehill in a few easy steps.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 02:34:48 PM »

Jimmy,

Judging by the picture that accompanies your posts...

.....you are a supporter of the Yootha Team?!

Sorry.

Let's hope that there's panic on the streets of Tamworth next Saturday after an Alty victory...
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2007, 03:46:17 PM »

"Please, please, please let me get what I want"

3 points on Saturday!  ;)

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2007, 05:02:25 PM »

Jimmy,

Judging by the picture that accompanies your posts...

.....you are a supporter of the Yootha Team?!

Sorry.

Let's hope that there's panic on the streets of Tamworth next Saturday after an Alty victory...
And the games not as dul as the last few meetings could put my girlfriend in a coma

Daycare Dan

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2007, 07:35:23 PM »

Please don't twist my words to fit your agenda and perspective.

I never either said or intimated that.

My point was that Karl Munroe has given away some quite ridiculously stupid penalties this season which have cost us points.

Mark Maddox was a bit of a loose cannon at times and as I say he did pick up more cards than was good for either him or the team, probably some of the Red cards also cost the team. Mark was however totally commited to Alty and i think it is disingenuous to criticise a player who is no longer at the Club

I think Alex's comment was very tong in cheek; it was taken from a something I said last week about a "Mark Maddox Award For Most Cards In A Season" - just a bit of a laugh and I'm sure Madog would see it that way too!!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2007, 07:46:31 AM »

What's Ruth Madog got to do with it?
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 "Axeman" Munroe