PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's Team
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Today's Team  (Read 15415 times)

York Alty

Re: Today's Team
« Reply #90 on: April 13, 2014, 10:19:09 PM »

We have a very competitive budget made possible by the continuous hard work of a very small group of volunteers to supplement gate money, golden goals etc.   We wouldn't pay the two best ( and I would guess most expensive bar Jarman ) strikers in the league if we didn't want to win games and thus win the league.

This gets more and more lost each week and I think it's very sad.

Who remembers the days of public meetings being called every 6 weeks to find £10,000 or face winding up orders?

It ain't a popular view to mention it but sometimes we lose track of what we do have whilst we shout about what we don't.  There are many clubs who would swop places with us.

Promotion is the aim at the start of the season.  We'd have to rediscover some of the mindset that we had years ago when we lose more than we win in the Premier if we got up but providing people stayed realistic then who knows what could be achieved.

It's pretty black and white for me.  if Lee Sinnott gets us up then he deserves a go at it.  If he doesn't then he has had three years at it which is time enough for any manager and it is time for a fresh face.  That is a conversation for 3 weeks time though.

For now, I back the team and see where it takes us.

great post and I agree backs to the wall and let's get behind the management and players untill the last ball is kicked
absof**kinglutely.

Hamilton

Re: Today's Team
« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2014, 10:55:23 PM »

We have a very competitive budget made possible by the continuous hard work of a very small group of volunteers to supplement gate money, golden goals etc.   We wouldn't pay the two best ( and I would guess most expensive bar Jarman ) strikers in the league if we didn't want to win games and thus win the league.

This gets more and more lost each week and I think it's very sad.

Who remembers the days of public meetings being called every 6 weeks to find £10,000 or face winding up orders?

It ain't a popular view to mention it but sometimes we lose track of what we do have whilst we shout about what we don't.  There are many clubs who would swop places with us.

Promotion is the aim at the start of the season.  We'd have to rediscover some of the mindset that we had years ago when we lose more than we win in the Premier if we got up but providing people stayed realistic then who knows what could be achieved.

It's pretty black and white for me.  if Lee Sinnott gets us up then he deserves a go at it.  If he doesn't then he has had three years at it which is time enough for any manager and it is time for a fresh face.  That is a conversation for 3 weeks time though.

For now, I back the team and see where it takes us.

great post and I agree backs to the wall and let's get behind the management and players untill the last ball is kicked
absof**kinglutely.

Yes
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's Team