PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Why we don't deserve to go up
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: Why we don't deserve to go up  (Read 15328 times)

taxi Phil

« on: April 12, 2014, 10:41:43 PM »

Look at tonight's top 5. These are the teams who could well contest the playoffs, and we are one of them.

Of the 24 points available from the games against these teams, we have dropped a staggering 20 !

We're in the promotion picture in a pitifully poor league almost by default. Three full seasons have almost elapsed since Lee Sinnott's appointment, and I honestly don't believe we're an ounce better than when he arrived.

I might fancy us over two legs against Hednesford, but otherwise we can prepare for yet another season against clubs whose fans turn up on a skateboard. And next term Barrow and a couple of others will strip fitter.

Basically I'm sorry to draw the conclusion, but for me - regardless of what happens next - it has to be

SINNOUT !!!!!!

Jimmy

Re: Why we don't deserve to go up
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 10:47:05 PM »

Agree phil ferriby Telford awfull the team should be ashamed but they won't be

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 10:48:42 PM »

Don't really disagree with anything in your post

However if we do go up by some miracle in the play offs he has earnt the right to stay

Otherwise bye bye

I still have to believe we can perform a miracle

I'll be there Friday cheering us on

I said weeks ago we would make the play offs and be humiliated again I still hope I am wrong
ParkINson's red and white army

eightiesrobin

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 10:54:29 PM »

Winning the playoffs would be ace, no doubt. If it happened (and I don't think it will) I can't help feeling next year would be utterly demoralising though.

GB Alty

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 11:11:55 PM »

Excellent post Romeo

Jimmy

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 11:15:23 PM »

However if you win playoffs you deserve to go up

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2014, 12:13:26 AM »

All of the other top sides that i have seen us play have been very physical. We can't cope with it.

I think we will get battered in the playoffs.

taxi Phil

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2014, 06:55:35 AM »

Don't really disagree with anything in your post

However if we do go up by some miracle in the play offs he has earnt the right to stay

Otherwise bye bye

I still have to believe we can perform a miracle

I'll be there Friday cheering us on

I said weeks ago we would make the play offs and be humiliated again I still hope I am wrong
I'd agree promotion would earn him the right to stay.....but then he'd need to sign at least half a dozen Conference level players and run with a bigger squad. I'm afraid I just can't see it happening.

Jezza

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2014, 07:08:27 AM »

I think under Lee we have played some extremely attacking attractive football.....Lee lacks two things.......the knowledge or ability to bring in the sort of val owen eddie hussin controlling physical midfield......and the confidence to go at these top teams from the off....we always seem to start slowly, go behind then like yesterday lee changes things (and credit to him for making what I thought were the changes needed)

I think the defence is right and obviously our attacking options are good....we need an option if nicky is out and lee has not used doughty as this option or signed a right winger....we also miss Richman I think.....But the lack of a physical prescence in midfield bites us on the arse everytime leading those listening to Radio Robins to hear time and time again that we are being bullied out of the game.

I'm in two minds as to whether I'd give Lee close season to bring in the 3 players needed who would turn us into a team that would walk this league.

The last team that won promotion had two skilful players in little and potts....the rest were physical gritty players who forced us through the play offs.

Bizarrely if we do go up we will need a more creative footballing side so we do have a better basis to start with IMO

salealty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2014, 09:07:47 AM »

I don't disagree with what you are saying about the midfield needing to be strengthened but if Boshell had stayed we probably would have walked the league.

As has been said finding players of the calibre we need with the funds we have available is difficult. 

I personally prefer watching the attacking football we have seen for the last 3 years than the defensive rubbish served up by his predecessor for a number of years.

We brought some good players in last summer and I would expect us to do the same this summer. 

We've not turned up against the top teams in the league but we can do it in the play offs.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2014, 10:42:08 AM »

We attack more in this division because we're better than most teams. We defended more in Conference Premier because we were 2nd best most of the time
Full time and proud of it

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2014, 10:51:52 AM »

Where second best , past tense , we have yet to find out if that is true with his team , I hope with a couple more good players that if we do go up we can compete .

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2014, 12:12:20 PM »

Some good points - but we have to believe we can 'turn up' in the play-offs when it counts and the club will then 'adapt' the squad to fit the Conf Prem.........right now I would just enjoy visiting Grimsby, Wrexham again even if we were to be relegated again (after beating Macc twice)

What would be a farce is Ferriby being promoted...........a team in there position that had more players warming up than it had supporters on the Chequers end......embarrassing
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Jimmy

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2014, 12:17:25 PM »

If ferriby win league they deserve to go up regardless of fan base

Robin Reliant

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2014, 12:25:20 PM »

Agree with you on everything,Phil.
 I just hope that if the board takes the position that this is the league of choice, for financial or other reasons, that they will come out and say so (as other teams have done). We SHOULD have won this league easily this time, and with a few timely transfers we would have.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team