PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Why we don't deserve to go up
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Why we don't deserve to go up  (Read 15401 times)

bumble

Re: Why we don't deserve to go up
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2014, 12:35:15 PM »

Some good points - but we have to believe we can 'turn up' in the play-offs when it counts and the club will then 'adapt' the squad to fit the Conf Prem.........right now I would just enjoy visiting Grimsby, Wrexham again even if we were to be relegated again (after beating Macc twice)

What would be a farce is Ferriby being promoted...........a team in there position that had more players warming up than it had supporters on the Chequers end......embarrassing

Ferribh brought more than a lot of clubs this year, plenty in the King George before and dotted around.

Most aways fans will sit, or stand in the top corner

Jimmy

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2014, 12:49:00 PM »

Agree with you on everything,Phil.
 I just hope that if the board takes the position that this is the league of choice, for financial or other reasons, that they will come out and say so (as other teams have done). We SHOULD have won this league easily this time, and with a few timely transfers we would have.

To be fair to the board this team/squad has probably not come cheap some good players a problem for me is that part of the budget is used up on perry Rodgers Marshall who are not good enough and you have richman and moult who only look good with better players or when the opponents are not to hot

Jimmy

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2014, 01:20:17 PM »

Can you explain uday my good man

Jimmy

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2014, 01:50:19 PM »

I agree my statement was that the board haven't lacked ambition but the manager has lacked no how

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2014, 04:27:07 PM »

I apologise but I have not read the entire thread but I stated in Sinnots first year that he wasn't the right man for Alty. He will never be, we are 3 or 4 quality players short of being champions but it's not just that, I've mentioned this so many times - he can't get them up for games,  we do do have good players but very soft players! To get out of this league we need to play a bit dirty,  with passion, players who pull their socks up. It's been years since we had a leader or two in the team. Robbie Lawton was never a good player but was our last leader,with energy, strong and barked orders. Stated this before but we need growlers in this team! We just don't fight, it's that simple!

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2014, 05:21:44 PM »

I watched Val Owen playing for his sunday league team this morning. Shame he's not ten years younger.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2014, 05:44:16 PM »

I apologise but I have not read the entire thread but I stated in Sinnots first year that he wasn't the right man for Alty. He will never be, we are 3 or 4 quality players short of being champions but it's not just that, I've mentioned this so many times - he can't get them up for games,  we do do have good players but very soft players! To get out of this league we need to play a bit dirty,  with passion, players who pull their socks up. It's been years since we had a leader or two in the team. Robbie Lawton was never a good player but was our last leader,with energy, strong and barked orders. Stated this before but we need growlers in this team! We just don't fight, it's that simple!
this ^^
ParkINson's red and white army

Trouty

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2014, 05:48:47 PM »

Is Densmore the right man to be captain then?

GEOFF HOOLEY

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2014, 06:38:13 PM »

if ever a team shot itself in the foot its alty , should have kept bosh, without the yorkies  the team is average, I no this wont be popular , but tough s**t

GB Alty

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2014, 06:39:32 PM »

if ever a team shot itself in the foot its alty , should have kept bosh, without the yorkies  the team is average, I no this wont be popular , but tough s**t
100% agree

Jenga

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2014, 06:51:29 PM »

A well timed post with a handful of games to go. Congratulations.

Trouty

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2014, 06:52:09 PM »

How do you know Boshell would not have got injured in his next Alty game and missed the rest of the season or just not give a toss because he didnt want to be here?

The answer to every problem the team has seems to be that Boshell no longer play for us. For some people he seems to have god like status and none of the other players seem to matter.

Yes we do miss him but  Boshell left many months ago and has just signed a new contract at Guiseley so wont be coming back-Get over it

GB Alty

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2014, 06:54:27 PM »

It has cost us the title, so I don't think people will be getting over it in a hurry

Trouty

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2014, 06:59:15 PM »

It has cost us the title, so I don't think people will be getting over it in a hurry
How do you know we would have won the title?

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2014, 07:04:22 PM »

I think people are overestimating the importance of Danny Boshell to both Altrincham and Guiseley. It's all speculation. We weren't playing that well even before he quit on the club and I could be wrong but I bet Guiseley have ten other players on the pitch at any one time.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Why we don't deserve to go up