PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Why we don't deserve to go up
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Why we don't deserve to go up  (Read 15330 times)

Jimmy

Re: Why we don't deserve to go up
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2014, 07:08:19 PM »

Ten players in bottom 3 before he arrived

GEOFF HOOLEY

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2014, 07:11:38 PM »

you must be in cloud cuokoo land, avent you seen guiseleys results since he went back. I thought this topic was why we didn't deserve to go up,

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2014, 07:12:41 PM »

Of course I have but do you really believe it's solely down to him?

Trouty

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2014, 07:15:03 PM »

Ten players in bottom 3 before he arrived
I doubt its the same 10  players there now that started the season

GEOFF HOOLEY

« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2014, 07:16:10 PM »

with out a doubt, the onley mid fielder who could hold aball and actualy  PASS IT  to a player

ScoreDaws

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2014, 07:20:46 PM »

Because, we are good against average teams and average against good teams.Hence our record against the top 6 teams!

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2014, 07:30:41 PM »

The point is we haven't adequately replaced him. He obviously wanted to return to Guiseley, probably the minute McKittrick got the push as it was their fall out that prompted his loan and subsequent move to us in the first place. What we got out of his move back there has never been made public save the gentlemans' agreement about not playing in competitive games.

On a related point, anyone think Greg Wilkinson could be a key man in the next few weeks? Looked disinterested at a bleak Barrow but showed glimpses of his undoubted talent yesterday.

roytonmike

« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2014, 07:41:52 PM »

On a related point, anyone think Greg Wilkinson could be a key man in the next few weeks? Looked disinterested at a bleak Barrow but showed glimpses of his undoubted talent yesterday.
If the weather stays dry and pitches are fairly firm he could do well. I don't think he can be expected to prosper if he has to plough though mud.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2014, 07:55:35 PM »

If the weather stays dry and pitches are fairly firm he could do well. I don't think he can be expected to prosper if he has to plough though mud.

I agree, there is defiantly something there. Although I think the lovely green fresh grass in August is more his suiting than a cow pat field at Histon. Hopefully he'll get a run out against Vauxhall

anglo alty

« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2014, 08:07:54 PM »

The bar is being raised i n the Premier every season c ouple this with Allty's inability to go full time (this is not a criticism) would make it very difficult for Alty or any other team currently in the prommotion chase. Telford look like winning the league but were relegated easily last season, the same will happen again. The play off winners i fear would fare little better no matter who was manager. Looking at the chasing pack and their attendances i can't see them raising the revenue to be able to attract the players to be competitive at the higher level. The averge attendance at Alty would need to jump by about 800 to have any chance of being competitive and that is not happening, either that or get a sugar daddy which is a dangerous road to go down

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2014, 08:36:35 PM »

Again far too much common sense and logic for a post on here.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2014, 09:07:50 PM »

The bar in the premier isn't being raised that high, have you seen the top 8??

taxi Phil

« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2014, 09:36:51 PM »

The bar is being raised i n the Premier every season c ouple this with Allty's inability to go full time (this is not a criticism) would make it very difficult for Alty or any other team currently in the prommotion chase. Telford look like winning the league but were relegated easily last season, the same will happen again. The play off winners i fear would fare little better no matter who was manager. Looking at the chasing pack and their attendances i can't see them raising the revenue to be able to attract the players to be competitive at the higher level. The averge attendance at Alty would need to jump by about 800 to have any chance of being competitive and that is not happening, either that or get a sugar daddy which is a dangerous road to go down
I'd generally agree on this point if it weren't for the fantastic achievements that Halifax have made this season.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2014, 10:31:16 PM »

If you raise the bar too high short people won't be able to get a half-time drink.

Hamilton

« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2014, 11:06:38 PM »

If you raise the bar too high short people won't be able to get a half-time drink.

:D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Why we don't deserve to go up