PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Why we don't deserve to go up
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Why we don't deserve to go up  (Read 15368 times)

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Why we don't deserve to go up
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2014, 11:01:43 AM »

In all of this potentially damaging thread, at this stage of the season; which I sincerely hope neither the manager, his assistant or any of the team actually read because they will wonder why they actually bother. You are all forgetting Mike Williams' contribution. Had he been available, I feel we would also have won the league this season, but of course his serious injury has had a marked effect on us.

However, unlike some of you, I feel that many of our players have stepped up to the plate this season, such as Nicky, Shaun, Stuart, Luca, and also not least Scott Leather. Scott is a young, maturing player who is ably chivvied along by Luca and the other players, and will shortly mature into a fine centre back and a legend of the future. All this season the team have played great attacking football which has been great to watch. Whatever happens this seaon I have thoroughly enjoyed myself and found them a hugely entertaining team. We have no divine right to win every game, but I do believe they have done their best and do display complete honesty when things go wrong, starting with our captain doing his job and communicating with us via his programme notes. This is my favourite read in the programme and displays the sincerity we are all looking for. Our team never goes out to lose a game, but it will happen to any team and manager, including Liverpool, City and United. There are odd days when a team will play better than and we will have an off day. There are teams that find it affective to just play hoof ball and win from it such as Telford did recently. In this particular case I would rather watch Altrincham any day, as thery move the ball about this pitch effectively, and attack en mass. This has lead to us being the highest scorers in the league, but on occasions can leave us vulnerable at the back.

I would much rather us play like this, than watch a Telford every week. I took my brother and nephews to the match last Saturday, and they thoroughly enjoyed themsleves; the main reason being that they got what non-league football is about. They enjoyed a drink and banter with our volunteer staff in the bar, including a little banter with Foz when he was selling raffle tickets. They dug their hands in their pockets and bought raffle tickets, two guess the first goal timing tickets each, and pies each. They particularly enjoyed the Chicken Balti pies. Though we all found the first half uneventful and felt we were too wary of the opposition, the second half was totally different and they felt we put up a fine display of attacking football at pace. Now they are talking of going to the Histon game, and getting a group of local friends in Norwich to go with them. Histon is only around 1 hour from Norwich where they now live.

They all finished by saying it was nice to watch players who play because they have a deep love of the game, and not just for the money. They also appreciated the volounteers who work behind the scene, and more than anything else the meer fact that away supporters were in the same bar with us. They now get the attraction of non-league football and why I enjoy it so much. They also displayed amusement to the fact that we all swopped ends at half time and walked past the away fans without incident. Phil my brother thought that if this was Old Trafford whey would have killed each other.

You all know that unlike some of you I am a fan of Lee Sinnott and Tolly and what they have both done. we now play great football which is fabulous to watch, have scored more goals than any other club in this league, finished 7th in Lee's first season, but have been on the up since. I am sure the club and team will learn from last season's playoff, but we got a draw against another good side, who relied on their number 5 to prevent a defeat. Other sides are entitled to win against us as we against them, but it is only when our game plan is sussed because teams have had to do a lot of homework that we get beat. That has not happened that often this season or we would not be in a playoff position.

So in conclusion guys, I refuse to see this season as negative, and I will support my team ongoing. It ain't over til it's over, and not until it is mathematically impossible should any of us give up the title. To the players I say do not read this thread and it's negativity, but we all see the many positive aspects of your play, and the management. Go for it lads, because you have nothing to lose, and deep down we ALL have faith in you.

THIS IS WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR!!!

Hugo

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2014, 11:19:21 AM »

Nice one Steve you certainly make more sense than most on here! I reckon a lot of fans probably share your view but won't say so on here because they'd de shouted down

Jenga

« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2014, 12:39:46 PM »

A good post Steve, although I don't particularly agree with some of the points in it.

One I do agree with is this thread at this time of the season when we should all be pulling together is damaging and ill timed. I also hope the team and management don't read it.

The issue that I think people have is that we highlighted gaps in the team which have not been filled and that is the frustration. However what we don't know is what work was done to try to fill those gaps with quality players, rather than players to get bums on seats. No point in paying a wage bill for a player who sits on the bench. However what we will probably never know is why we were unable to fill those holes.

I so desperately want to get out of this league, I hate it, it is boring, with no atmosphere.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2014, 12:44:34 PM »

I don't agree with posting unduly negative/damaging comments.

However, I will say this: if I was a player and I read the negative comments, it would make me even more determined to go out and prove them wrong by playing out of my skin.

It's all a question of attitude really....
Come on Alty!

Jezza

« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2014, 03:02:34 PM »

Steve makes some good points......but along with the defence improving and the attacking options and the pretty football I think most are venting frustration that the final piece which many feel is the one controlling midfield player that Boshell was would have meant we would have got enough points from the must win games to have won the league easily and maybe had a cup run as well has not been found by the manager.......this is just so frustrating especially when we go and sign a left back.....Griffin has been a decent player....but we had a perfectly decent left back in my opinion in Buzz who was committed to the alty cause and many see this as a bit baffling and as if the manager doesn't see the very obvious problem which needs addressing in a far more pressing urgent manner.....ironically a few years ago we couldn't find one left back for love nor money!!!! ;D

some people go a bit far in getting this point across but on the whole I thought that was what a forum was for....it's the sort of conversation that goes on in the bar after the game isn't it?

taxi Phil

« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2014, 05:01:54 PM »

Agreed Steve makes some good points, but I still stand by every word of my original post.

We play lovely football at times, but it isn't going to get us up a division. If it did, we'd quickly get kicked back down again by the the very physical likes of Alfreton, Braintree, and others of the same persuasion.

Yes I'll be at Stockport.....and quite probably at Histon. Yes, I'll be rooting for us every inch of the way. But my head overrules my heart right now. I can hope and pray with all of my might, but my belief is in tatters.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2014, 06:08:31 PM »

I apologise but I have not read the entire thread but I stated in Sinnots first year that he wasn't the right man for Alty. He will never be, we are 3 or 4 quality players short of being champions but it's not just that, I've mentioned this so many times - he can't get them up for games,  we do do have good players but very soft players! To get out of this league we need to play a bit dirty,  with passion, players who pull their socks up. It's been years since we had a leader or two in the team. Robbie Lawton was never a good player but was our last leader,with energy, strong and barked orders. Stated this before but we need growlers in this team! We just don't fight, it's that simple!

Spot on

thegazelle

« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2014, 06:12:06 PM »

i dont know if i have the right to comment based on" if you aint seen the matches you aare not allowed an opinion" however i watched us play sh*t against histon and oxford and the other games around the time i was in the uk we were not convincing . this seems to have carried on and been the theme of our season.
our record against the top 6 or so teams is appaling which does not augur well for the play offs , people whose judgement i trust have been crying out for a mid fielder who can hold the ball and distribute .  i have a couple of friends who have palyed at this standard and they question commitment .
nobody would be more delighted than i if we pull off a payoff win but i just cant see it .
its another big game on friday and i fear another day of dissapointment , i suppose us beating county in the first game is the only game we have not sh!t it with abig crowd lets hope we can repeat that and march on through the play offs .

GB Alty

« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2014, 06:32:06 PM »

Nice sentiments Steve, but we need to deal with reality

I hope management and players do read this constructive thread

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2014, 06:39:01 PM »

we are capable of winning the play offs if we turn up

York Alty

« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2014, 07:05:05 PM »

Not sure if you're aware but the title of the thread is "Why we don't deserve to go up"   ???

GB Alty

« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2014, 07:16:19 PM »

Not sure if you're aware but the title of the thread is "Why we don't deserve to go up"   ???
I know, to discuss it is a constructive thing isn't it?

To pretend everything great, to kid ourselves isn't doing anyone any good

York Alty

« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2014, 07:24:35 PM »

and hoping the management and team read this is doing good?  The time for planning for the future is at the end of the season which is at most seven (?) games away. Not now.

george

« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2014, 10:40:29 PM »

Current teams fighting for Top 5 based on potential maximum points. Telford United & North Ferriby Unied 87 Pts., Altrincham 83 Pts., Hednesford Town 81 Pts.,m Guiseley 80 Pts., Boston United 77 Pts., Harrogate Town 72 Pts.,m  & Brackley Town 71 Pts. Tomorrow is when we all become one & encourage a win @ OXFORD CITY. wHICH WILL MEAN THAT Harrogate Town & BRACKLEY tOWN ARE OUT OF CONTENTION. Just leaving 6 playing for 5 places. Things would even better if HARROGATE beat GUISELEY. Never mind the moaners.

Jenga

« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2014, 12:41:08 PM »

So then Uday, not really a constructive thread then is it?

I am not sure who you are but since you have posted what would appear to be more regularly in the last couple of weeks / months you have continually been negative and controversial in my eyes.

COME ON ALTY - FRIDAY WILL BE HUGE.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Why we don't deserve to go up