PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Home attendances why so low¿
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Home attendances why so low¿  (Read 23257 times)

wayne

Re: Home attendances why so low¿
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2006, 05:56:52 PM »

tonybrads

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2006, 06:45:09 PM »

jenga when u getting your little one hooked lol

Johnnyjenga

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2006, 07:06:31 PM »

Leave my little one out of it  ;D

See you on Saturday Brads - 12.00 in the bar, your buying the beers!

Gumbo

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2006, 11:11:40 AM »

What about the fact a few pubs are showing 3pm Premier league games on Saturdays? People will stay in the boozer.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2006, 11:47:19 AM »

people who would rather be in the boozer obviously don't go to live ames there is no comparison

Gumbo

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2006, 12:15:25 PM »

Well if United/City are away and it's a 3pm kick off clashing with alty at home I bet they'll stay in the boozer to watch them when they might have gone to alty.

Why do you think the Premier League don't allow 3pm games to be shown live?

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2006, 12:17:03 PM »

do you think Friday Night football would help the attendances ?

Its worked at Sale Sharks Rugby andat  other football clubs but do you think it would work at Altrincham ?

Personally I do not think it would but would be interested to see what others think.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2006, 12:19:06 PM »

no nope never i go to sale on a friday, always done sale friday alty saturday and from a few weeks pheonix sunday friday nights are a big fat NO!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2006, 12:23:08 PM »

Call me old-fashioned, but I believe that God ordained football to be played at 3pm an a saturday afternoon. All this friday and sunday business might be great for sky revenues but I don't believe it's in the best interests of Alty.
Apart from anything else, there are only half a dozen other clubs in the league in easy striking distance so the away support would probably suffer. Granted this could be overcome if more home fans came (which is your query I think) but I can't see as they would.
Apart from anything else, what else is there to do on saturday apart from watching the Robins?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Jenga

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2006, 12:50:31 PM »

I do believe the excuse of Man Utd and City does not hold to much water.

Why?

Well have the attendences ever gone through the roof when City play away on Saturday and United play on a Sunday live on Sky ???

I think the answer would probably be no, but I dont have any stats to prove my arguement. So it is purely an observation.

So I stand by my comment that United and City can not be blamed for poor attendance.

We need to get in front of people. Youth Clubs, Schools, Youth football teams and give them cheap or free tickets to get the attendances up. Give them free for six weeks and then see what happens after this period. If attendances dont go up forget the idea, if the attendances go up then great.

Or alternatively free kids entrance with every paying adult sounds good to me. - No brads, Michael cant come in free if he comes with you!

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2006, 12:56:43 PM »

We would need volounters to be able to go round to the schools and promote the club. We are part time afterall and I would imagine most peopls time are taken doing the day to day running of the club.

I'm sure this has been tried before ? Did STAR do something like this ??

Free Tickets to the local schools would be something to try again if someone had the time to do such a thing, and of course if the club would allow it. Even if just for 2 or 3 games.

Whats the situation on how the tax is worked out with free tickets, can you just declare them as free and not pay or do you still have to pay a contribution as they are added to the attendance ?

markecky

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2006, 12:58:54 PM »

Its about credibility.  Its very easy for a secondary school kid to say, when asked who he supports, United or City. You'll get no comeback and people will accept it.  They may never have even been near either of the grounds.  It is a lot harder to say Alty.

I had it right through school.  People always ask who you support really, or who do you support in proper football.

I'm happy to say I am seeing more and more kids in Alty tops so I think the tide is turning.

I was also blessed with the fact that when I went into fifth year (none of the year 11 sh*te), Alty nearly won the league and we had the Barnet game when the whole school went.  Suddenly everyone was an Alty fan and I was held in very high esteem.

For about three weeks until we made a balls of it and then I was mocked again.

I don't know.....

Jenga

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2006, 01:06:08 PM »

We would need volounters to be able to go round to the schools and promote the club. We are part time afterall and I would imagine most peopls time are taken doing the day to day running of the club.

Nope, make the tickets, phone the schools and post them to the schools. Job Done.

This was done when I was at school over 20 years ago, Worked then.

Issue 100 tickets per school. Cheap format, dont spend loads of money.

Issue to 10 local schools (if there are that many) = 1000 free tickets = 200 turn up = 30 new fans.

Alty365

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2006, 01:08:19 PM »

Have always enjoyed the ignorance of people, eg:

"Ha ha, so you're Alty's only fan then are you?"

"Who do you REALLY support?"

"That's no better pub football"

I was in Piccadilly train station yesterday afternoon and it was full of Man Utd fans (lots of whom were boarding the 18.45 service to London Euston). I honestly thought they had lost judging by the depressed look on their faces. If you can say one thing about watching Alty, irrespective of what league we're in, we always enjoy it and (where possible) enjoy celebrating good results.

Proper football? You're having a laugh!

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2006, 01:15:22 PM »

I think because of all the trouble with STAR over the summer,we were unable to do penalty shoot outs with Rocky Robin at school fairs and give out free tickets.This is what had been happening over the past couple of years,and it was successful in that kids went to the pre season games.Hopefully we will be able to do this again,I wouldn't mind taking some time off work and go around local schools during the week!!!
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Home attendances why so low¿