PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Home attendances why so low¿
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Home attendances why so low¿  (Read 23259 times)

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: September 29, 2006, 03:29:37 PM »

The suns gone in for 10 minutes so i was wondering why we struggle with our home attendances, considering our home performances are so good. You could understand if we hadnt won all season but we seem to get a 800 hardcore of home fans come what may. The advertising of the game to the England fans is a great idea. Does anyone think we should get back into the local schools and give tickets free to the under 14s?

This doesnt help!!!

http://gavin.ukgrrls.co.uk/p34449715.html
Come on you red and white........

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Home attendances why so low¿
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 03:36:18 PM »

was talking with a friend getting into the schools is the way forward thats how i came to alty at first and he was saying that it is the perfect way to spend time with your son, giving the son a free ticket and mabe a allowing one parent in halfprice witht the son will boost entry, and hopefuly hook em in young. plus once your in the ground a programme and a pie add money to the coffers mabe a pint or two (for the parentwe need to keep our license!) personally i try and bring a mate with me to each game i bought two season tickets so they have no excuse really but as it turns out ive got one hooked now but we are both trying to get new people down, if everyone of the hardcore pursuaded a mate to come down as well we'd be on to a winner if onlt 10% stick its gonna help towards the cause,

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 03:36:53 PM »

The suns gone in for 10 minutes

Barsteward

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 04:06:14 PM »

The good folk of Altrincham have always been a fickle lot. Even back in the "Glory years"  we probably only averaged about 1800 for league games - that was with a very successful team and no live footy on the box.
We always grumble about being on the doorstep of Man U - we just have to accept that. But, as has been said, the youth are the way forward. Get them in young and get them hooked -  the links with youth football in the area is the ideal way to do this.

the gazelle

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 05:06:48 PM »

I suspect in the glory days we were also very bad at counting and had a lot of faulty turnstiles. with hindsight and using 1300 against grays as a yard stick we must have had well over 2,000 for every game. i can remember playing Matlock in the trophy quarter final replay and the golf road was solid with the rest of the ground full attendance given 2,500. That was when the golf road really did have a roar.

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2006, 05:22:02 PM »

I suspect in the glory days we were also very bad at counting and had a lot of faulty turnstiles. with hindsight and using 1300 against grays as a yard stick we must have had well over 2,000 for every game. i can remember playing Matlock in the trophy quarter final replay and the golf road was solid with the rest of the ground full attendance given 2,500. That was when the golf road really did have a roar.
Ditto the quoted 8000 for the FA cup game at home to Orient. Moss lane was so packed that afternoon you could hardly move. I thought at the time that the real attendance must have been closer to 15,000 - bearing in mind the record attendance at ML is 15,000 for a schoolboy match. Of course my memory does wear red and white tinted glasses.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2006, 05:50:06 PM »

Giving tickets to local schools has to be an option. My son came home last week with discounted prices for tomorrow's Stockport game. £18 for 1 adult and 2 juniors. Even though he's a season ticket holder at ML, as his mates are going (and we not going to Aldershot) he going. This must increase SCFC gate and some of the uneducated will be hooked. So he's going in his Alty top with his mother.
Full time and proud of it

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2006, 06:24:33 PM »

I think it's impossible to over estimate the effect of the Premiership clubs upon our crowds.

I would love to see what would happen to, for instance Stafford's crowds were you to place one of the biggest football clubs in the world not five miles away serviced by excellent transport links, and then chuck in another of the best supported clubs in the country for good measure a bit further away.

Even if were near the top of the Conference on a regular basis I severely doubt we would average a crowd greater than 1800, there will be a natural ceiling concerning the crowds we can attract and unfortunately we will just have to make do.

We can't even rely on the fact that we are a separate, independent  town where those who are from the town are going to feel a natural affinity to the area and club whereas clubs such as Woking, Aldershot, Morecambe and even Southport are able to exploit this. As a suburb of Greater Manchester footballing allegiances are consumed by United and City and no matter how much marketing the club undertakes it is unlikely that this will ever change to any significant degree.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2006, 06:35:48 PM »

Giving tickets to local schools has to be an option. My son came home last week with discounted prices for tomorrow's Stockport game. £18 for 1 adult and 2 juniors. Even though he's a season ticket holder at ML, as his mates are going (and we not going to Aldershot) he going. This must increase SCFC gate and some of the uneducated will be hooked. So he's going in his Alty top with his mother.

Stocky need all the help they can get!!! they only open the one stand now! cant wait till next year when we play them!!

Johnnyjenga

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2006, 07:20:27 PM »

I do believe the excuse of Man Utd and City does not hold to much water. but of course does have an impact.

The Manchester conurbation is huge and per square mile I am sure Alrincham has its quota of people to get attendances up to 1500.

I got hooked by my dad taking me to Alty in the 1970s, now I have got my dad hooked again.

We need to get the kids in, we need to advertise in Altrincham, Sale, Timperley, in youth clubs, Air Cadets, Sea Cadets, Scouts, local football youth leagues etc. the youth leagues especially as they are already interested in football.

The SAM can give away tickets, kids free with an adult will get more people than charging kids £2 and will generate more income.

Promote in more papers eg, the Metro, Manchester Evening News.

If a proper advertising campaign is done the cost of this can be compared to the gate money to see if indeed it is worthwhile. But the numbers HAS to increase somehow.

Dianne

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2006, 08:06:12 PM »

free tickets for home games  are available from Altrincham Leisure Centre, these are valid with one paying adult 

Johnnyjenga

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2006, 08:33:26 PM »

have these free tickets been advertised? But that is one good place to put them.

Alex

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2006, 08:34:05 PM »

hook em' whilst there yonge i started goin to alty because my form tutor gave me free passes to the games and when they ran out i loved it so much i continued coming .
now i'm a season ticket holder and when people ask me who i support i tell them altrincham whereas before i would have said united so it is not impossible to turn people away from the big clubs for alty we just have to make the effort

Dianne

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2006, 09:54:21 PM »

the only poster is in the Leisure Centre itself along with info of next home game

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2006, 10:52:47 PM »

I do believe the excuse of Man Utd and City does not hold to much water.

Why?
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team