PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 stockport away
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: stockport away  (Read 12313 times)

York Alty

Re: stockport away
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2014, 10:15:10 PM »

Yep, I agree,think we'll have about 350 following the lads on Friday.
that is pretty poor

That's a similar number to the following we took to Wrexham in 2009 when we secured our place in the BSP for another season.  350 would be about right, 500 isn't realistic even though it's only a hop, skip and a jump away.

GB Alty

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2014, 10:25:25 PM »

that is pretty poor

That's a similar number to the following we took to Wrexham in 2009 when we secured our place in the BSP for another season.  350 would be about right, 500 isn't realistic even though it's only a hop, skip and a jump away.
Wrexham is 45 miles away, Stockport is 9 miles away

York Alty

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2014, 12:20:06 AM »

that is pretty poor

Wrexham is 45 miles away, Stockport is 9 miles away

Yep. it's a hop, skip and a jump.  Hope we take 500, though I can't see it.

wellingboroughALTY

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2014, 10:03:54 AM »

Been looking forward to this game all season, Me and my friend are doing an overnight from London to be there.

Anyone that can possibly get there needs to make the effort for this one and show that the season isnt yet over and that we still believe we can achieve play off promotion, whatever you think our chances are!

Potential to be one of our biggest away followings in years.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2014, 10:43:32 AM »

A win on Tuesday and Friday will leave us one point off the top of the table, I'd expect everyone who can go on Friday to make every effort to do so, away followings of 500/600 were common at northwich

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2014, 11:07:29 AM »

I am going, but do not have a clue as to how best to get there, and what to do/where to go when I do get there.

Thought the train may be a good idea, combined with the tram via Piccadilly. Is the station far from the ground? Parking sounds crap!!

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2014, 11:16:33 AM »

More importantly, we need to put some daylight between ourselves and Boston/Guiseley before they play at the weekend. If we (god forbid) were to lose both games, even getting into the playoffs could be out of our hands by next week.

For me, the title is gone, so playoff qualification is paramount. Would be nice to have that in the bag before we go to Histon in order to allow us to rest a few, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
Come on Alty!

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2014, 02:32:55 PM »

I am going, but do not have a clue as to how best to get there, and what to do/where to go when I do get there.

Thought the train may be a good idea, combined with the tram via Piccadilly. Is the station far from the ground? Parking sounds crap!!

Tram to Navi Rd then one stop to Stockport. 15mins

Trains leave Navii Rd at 06 past the hour, return from Stockport at 22:28.

Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

taxi Phil

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2014, 04:50:56 PM »

Are those Bank Holiday timings ?

CountyFan

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2014, 07:23:51 PM »

I think if you bring between 400 and 600 that would be decent, in fact Macc only brought more than that when they were pushing for promotion.  I know a few County fans who'll say 500 is poor but we're all struggling to come to terms with this level and that's not being a big time Charlie, when you see 7 away fans in the away section it's a bit of a culture shock. I went to Brackley on Saturday and it was like going to Cheadle Town, compared to clubs like Brackley, Ferriby and others you're a proper club and your support is pretty good at this level,  we're just pretty much a fish out of water.
Anyway if you're coming over pop into The Armoury you'll be more than welcome. I'd like to wish you well but this Northern division is short on Northern teams and you've also got a decent ground with a good chippy and some good pubs in town so I don't want to lose a day out like that, wait a season and come up with us.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2014, 08:01:59 PM »

Are those Bank Holiday timings ?

According to National Rail Enquiries, Yes.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

CountyFan

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2014, 10:21:01 PM »

Don't worry chaps, there's loads of free parking.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2014, 10:38:57 PM »

how close to the ground ? B and q?

Is coco savannah open Friday nights still ? ;)
ParkINson's red and white army

CountyFan

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2014, 08:00:09 AM »

how close to the ground ? B and q?

Is coco savannah open Friday nights still ? ;)

Coco's is now a huge car park, Castle Street on Edgeley used to be a busy shopping street, now it's deserted but it's still got plenty of parking, in fact Stockport will soon be a huge car park with NCP sponsoring County. Anyway come on the train and have a beer.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2014, 12:32:07 PM »

i think I will take the train from Navigation Road, via the Brooklands tram and park at Brooklands.

Can any Stockport fans tell me how far it is walk from the station to Edgeley Park?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 stockport away