Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 passion???????????????????????? ? heart???????????
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: passion???????????????????????? ? heart???????????  (Read 17406 times)

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: passion???????????????????????? ? heart???????????
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2014, 10:52:07 PM »

Definitely no lack of passion, to be fair Stockport did their jobs well. What we lack is talent in some areas which unfortunately we can't do anything about this late in the season. Have your opinion on Sinnott but don't make things up to fit your argument.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2014, 10:54:02 PM »

I didn't look at Stockports record before going tonight. They might not be very good at scoring goals (that's now six games on the bounce now they haven't scored) but they appear to be very good at stopping other teams scoring. Before us they've had 0-0 against Brackley and North Ferriby, and the last time they scored was in a 3-3 with the amazing Danny Boshell's superb Guiseley team. In the meantime they've lost twice 1-0. So as disappointing as it might be to only draw it's hardly a surprise. Those who were there and thought Altrincham were poor as ever completely overlook the fact there's another team on the pitch also trying to win the game.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2014, 11:05:09 PM »

Utter sh*te. No lack of heart or passion.

Staggered we didn't score. Upset we didn't work the keeper more.

Rodgers did well breaking it tbh.
Full time and proud of it

mortlakebob

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2014, 11:14:29 PM »

A poor post this one. Are u really a supporter? Give the team more respect. Same team that played 3 nights earlier, and we gave it a great go in the 2nd half. A very special night to be an alty fan - biggest away following in league possibly ever?? (not sure we had more than 500 anywhere in 91 season) and a great bunch of lads on the pitch who never lack spirit or will to win. Couldnt ask for much more - just that reeves chance to go in!

GB Alty

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2014, 11:18:14 PM »

Wow. Didn't see any lack of passion at all tonight.

Seemed  fully committed on and off the pitch.

Decent game for a 0-0 that we could well have won as we pushed forward at the end.

Quality support as well. Biggest league away support since when?
I disagree thought we were totally lacking in passion

Tonight was an utter shambles, I think some are thinking big ground big crowd, a draw job well done

If we had played like that at home to Colwyn Bay or some other mid table team we would rightly have been booed of the pitch

markecky

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2014, 11:20:57 PM »

Wow. Didn't see any lack of passion at all tonight.

Seemed  fully committed on and off the pitch.

Decent game for a 0-0 that we could well have won as we pushed forward at the end.

Quality support as well. Biggest league away support since when?
I disagree thought we were totally lacking in passion

Tonight was an utter shambles, I think some are thinking big ground big crowd, a draw job well done

If we had played like that at home to Colwyn Bay or some other mid table team we would rightly have been booed of the pitch

I wouldn't expect anything else.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2014, 11:25:41 PM »

I thought the players absolutely worked their socks off tonight. The problem is that apart from a ten minute spell we were unable to exert concerted pressure, meaning it was end to end and either side could have snatched it . This has been true of virtually every game I've seen this season, mind.

Disappointing not to win, yes, but it wasn't for a lack of effort or the p-word...

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2014, 11:25:51 PM »

Poor first half that County probably had the better of, we were  better in the second half but unfortunately couldn't really get Nicky Clee on the ball nearly enough until the last 15 mins or so. Our defence did quite well but midfield was poor. Assuming Richman was not fit enough to come on because it was crying out for Rodgers to be subbed (some 'passes' nearly cleared the stands  :-\)

Agree that if we play like that in the play-offs (safe to assume we're in them yet?) and it'll be all over very quickly with us getting turned over.

Much rather have passing than passion as that was more lacking tonight.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2014, 11:28:53 PM »

Rodgers might not be the creative midfield player we all believe we are entitled to but he is more of a stopper than Richman. Without him there they would have won a lot more of the 50/50s.

taxi Phil

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2014, 11:31:49 PM »

Poor first half that County probably had the better of, we were  better in the second half but unfortunately couldn't really get Nicky Clee on the ball nearly enough until the last 15 mins or so. Our defence did quite well but midfield was poor. Assuming Richman was not fit enough to come on because it was crying out for Rodgers to be subbed (some 'passes' nearly cleared the stands  :-\)

Agree that if we play like that in the play-offs (safe to assume we're in them yet?) and it'll be all over very quickly with us getting turned over.

Much rather have passing than passion as that was more lacking tonight.

Good post. I couldn't fault anybody for effort tonight, but we still didn't have what it took to win the game. We're still some way short of Conference standard I'm afraid.

markecky

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2014, 11:33:08 PM »

Rodgers might not be the creative midfield player we all believe we are entitled to but he is more of a stopper than Richman. Without him there they would have won a lot more of the 50/50s.

It's all about opinions but 90% of Rodgers major passes went astray tonight and for all his running that is not acceptable.  Richman for him on Monday I hope.

mortlakebob

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2014, 11:35:24 PM »

Some fans on here just dont understand the game. Who'd be a chairman or manager with so called supporters like weve had on here. These lads wouldnt have got home till 2am wed morning after a hard fought win at oxford. Some of them then working wed and thurs. And they were out on their feet at the end tonight after dominating the last 20 mins and nearly getting the win. I just hope the players dont come on here to read this utter nonsense clearly wriiten just to be controversial for the sake of it. Very poor. Saddens me on such a special night for the club.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2014, 11:37:56 PM »

Rodgers might try hard but unfortunately that's not good enough if we want to be promoted. Hopefully Lee Sinnott is aware of that too.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2014, 11:42:01 PM »

The main disappointment for me is that we have had the players to win this poor league but we have not had the knowhow to win enough games. Only winning the play-offs will make it  a successful season.
They really should be beating teams like us

Beez

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2014, 11:44:29 PM »

I thought Stockport were poor, we weren't much better. Not happy with the result but there we are.

Lack of passion may be harsh, more simply just not good enough.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 passion???????????????????????? ? heart???????????