Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 passion???????????????????????? ? heart???????????
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: passion???????????????????????? ? heart???????????  (Read 17245 times)

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: passion???????????????????????? ? heart???????????
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2014, 09:08:51 AM »

No lack of passion for me just thought our tactics needed changing.
I thought our midfield sat far too close to the defence leaving Wally and Reeves isolated.
We needed one of our centre mid field players to push up closer to the strikers.
I felt it was an inability to change tactically rather than lack of effort that was the problem last night.  

brian1925

« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2014, 09:11:26 AM »

Lots of passion shown by both sides in a hard fought local derby. A draw was the correct result, as neither side had strikers good enough to breach two well organised defences.
I'll disagree with some here in that I came away from the game slightly disappointed. I never felt Stockport could score, so the game was ours to take, but we just couldn't get that elusive goal.
The away support was truly remarkable. I thought 500 or so may turn up, but 621 crikey!!!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 09:13:22 AM by brian1925 »

CountyFan

« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2014, 09:19:03 AM »

Lots of passion shown by both sides in a hard fought local derby. A draw was the correct result, as neither side had strikers good enough to breach two well organised defences.
I'll disagree with some here in that I came away from the game slightly disappointed. I never felt Stockport could score, so the game was ours to take, but we just couldn't get that elusive goal.
The away support was truly remarkable. I thought 500 or so may turn up, but 621 crikey!!!

Crikey indeed! 621 is very good and better than the Milkmen have brought on many occasions and much louder than they've ever been.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2014, 09:55:50 AM »

Thought that we lacked energy rather than passion.  Stockport very well organised and will not concede much with that defense.  Again everything creative through clee, who was knackered towards the end of the game.  Please please stop playing long diagonal balls behind the defence, it isn't working
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2014, 10:22:04 AM »

I didn't look at Stockports record before going tonight. They might not be very good at scoring goals (that's now six games on the bounce now they haven't scored) but they appear to be very good at stopping other teams scoring. Before us they've had 0-0 against Brackley and North Ferriby, and the last time they scored was in a 3-3 with the amazing Danny Boshell's superb Guiseley team. In the meantime they've lost twice 1-0. So as disappointing as it might be to only draw it's hardly a surprise. Those who were there and thought Altrincham were poor as ever completely overlook the fact there's another team on the pitch also trying to win the game.

Excellent post sir!

GB Alty

« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2014, 10:47:51 AM »

Just because we didn't win doesn't mean we didn't try! Don't forget that there keeper had a great game and it was even for most of it.
Did he?
Can't remember their keeper having to make a save?

GB Alty

« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2014, 10:52:39 AM »

Uday, feel for u pal. You just dont quite understand the game. As i said earlier who'd be a manager with fans like this!  Uday gooday. Goodnight vienna pal. Will send u a list of books u can read to help improve your knowledge of the game. Cant have u and mr needham talking nonsense for too much longer.

I'm still waiting for this list of books mortlakebob?

I want you to teach me

GB Alty

« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2014, 10:55:43 AM »

Rodgers might not be the creative midfield player we all believe we are entitled to but he is more of a stopper than Richman. Without him there they would have won a lot more of the 50/50s.
Please dont talk midfield you wouldn't recognise zidane as good midfielder
Ian Harwood you saying Rodgers ahead of Richman?

How about Rodgers ahead of Boshell?

george

« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2014, 11:18:10 AM »

Why do people still go on about BOSHELL? Circumstances changed @ Guiuseley & he didn't want to stay @ Moss Lane.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2014, 11:28:34 AM »

I think the issue people have is not necessarily that Boshell was allowed to leave but the fact he hasn't been replaced, leaving us with an average midfield.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2014, 12:50:45 PM »

We all seem to forget also that Boshell spent quite some time on the bench.

Availability of Williams would have secured the league and under Lee the team are doing fine. I disagree with Uday and O'Needham in calling for his head, we have reached the playoffs two seasons on the trot. To change the manager now would be foolish as we go back to midtable as players leave and changes are made. We would just be taking a step backwards.

O'Needham and Uday, would suggest you find another club to follow if the season is that bad for you. I hope Lee and the team win the play-offs now, you will then be singing their praises of course.

And even if we do not win, let Lee tweak the team a little and we will be there again next season.

WHY CALL FOR HIS HEAD???

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2014, 12:52:53 PM »

I didn't think it was heartless or passionless. Tough derby game where either team could have snatched it.

We have no divine right to exist in the league above. Where we are in the conference North is accurate. We may be in this league for a few seasons yet or if we go up, straight back down. Sinnott or no Sinnott.

I think that's entirely negative. Alfreton? Gateshead? Nuneaton? Halifax? Braintree? I fail to see why we couldn't hold on quite comfortably if we put our mind to it. We've been bbrainwashed a bit.

Jimmy

« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2014, 12:56:16 PM »

Steve a lot of your post is fair enough but you can't ask a fan who has gone home and away on a regular basis for over 25 years to watch another club

Jimmy

« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2014, 01:24:43 PM »

I didn't think it was heartless or passionless. Tough derby game where either team could have snatched it.

We have no divine right to exist in the league above. Where we are in the conference North is accurate. We may be in this league for a few seasons yet or if we go up, straight back down. Sinnott or no Sinnott.

I think that's entirely negative. Alfreton? Gateshead? Nuneaton? Halifax? Braintree? I fail to see why we couldn't hold on quite comfortably if we put our mind to it. We've been bbrainwashed a bit.

Agree ballers if we have that attitude we might aswell call it a day

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2014, 01:57:38 PM »

Steve, who would Williams have played instead of?
Full time and proud of it
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 passion???????????????????????? ? heart???????????