Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 passion???????????????????????? ? heart???????????
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: passion???????????????????????? ? heart???????????  (Read 17239 times)

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: passion???????????????????????? ? heart???????????
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2014, 02:14:28 PM »

Because I find your postings entirely negative and not enjoyable to read. And also because even when the team plays positively, you still fill the screen with your rantings.

I am very sorry if you find my posting offensive, but I am sure Lee and the team would as well, as with many other fans responses as well as mine. I have a more balanced and realistic view as I have seen all the good times and bad times; please also bear in mind I have also been watching this club now for nearly 40 years and there is very little I do not know about the team and the work that goes on behind the scenes. I know you are entitled to a rant, but I would also like to hear some positives from you as well when the occasions arise, more often than you would give credit for. The team play honest good entertaining football, and very much reflect the club and it's volunteers who work hard and probrably wonder why they do it when reading your postings.

As with Ecky whose postings I also like reading, I like to make my postings more positive, intelligent without being arrogant, but at least hopefully enjoyable to read.  

So, sorry about my remarks, but please try to see the good in this club, as well as the hard work behind the scenes. Also a team that does not play hoof-ball, but persists in playing the game the way it should be played. If you at least try and be more positive, at least you will not get so much criticism and people will not think you may be a Vics fan, rather than a fan of 25 years!

York Alty

« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2014, 02:37:08 PM »

Anybody calling for the managers head when you're staring at a playoff spot is cracked in the bonce. This season has at most five games to go - back Lee, back the players, back the club.

NFU, Telford etc will be going into the playoffs 100% united - we need to be doing exactly the same (assuming we get in them).

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2014, 03:54:11 PM »

Should have gone for it last night, we were too cautious. Lee should have changed things earlier, Rodgers was so poor, wilkinson should have been on at half time. Look past the fact there was a big crowd etc, Stockport are dross and we should have won.

joe

« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2014, 03:55:34 PM »

Steve from Sale-Boshell was on the bench alot because Sinnott is totally clueless!! I can't comment on last night as I wasn't there but we've dropped alot of silly points against mid table teams this season.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2014, 04:09:06 PM »

I'd imagine once Boshell had expressed a desire to leave the club he wasn't a first choice pick. Half time against Guiseley he spent more time talking to the Guiseley subs than warming up. I wouldn't have even had him in the dressing room.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2014, 04:24:07 PM »

Everything we should aspire to be like next season.strong,powerful,fast,organised and skillful upfront

Agreed,and using the full width of the pitch.

Two quotes about us from the County messageboard. Which illustrates just how differently one sees ones self, from the way others see us.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 04:25:41 PM by eightiesrobin »

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2014, 04:28:17 PM »

I went to see Stalybridge / North Ferriby on Wednesday. I stayed in the same place all game so first half I got all the grumbling NFU fans, and second half all the grumbling Celtic fans. Guess what? They were exactly the same grumbles from both sets of supporters you hear on the terraces at Moss Lane.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2014, 05:28:52 PM »

The main disappointment for me is that we have had the players to win this poor league but we have not had the knowhow to win enough games. Only winning the play-offs will make it  a successful season.

Couldn't agree more.

Plenty of effort but very little quality on display from both sides at Edgeley Park last evening.

Still shaking my head at that dreadful eleventh hour miss from Reeves.

Good to hear that Norman Collier had been resurrected and then given the job as County's PA system announcer, anyhow.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 05:30:40 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2014, 05:32:49 PM »

Uday, feel for u pal. You just dont quite understand the game. As i said earlier who'd be a manager with fans like this!  Uday gooday. Goodnight vienna pal. Will send u a list of books u can read to help improve your knowledge of the game. Cant have u and mr needham talking nonsense for too much longer.

Which remaindered books are gathering dust on your Radio 5 Live shelves then?

This one, perhaps?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Savage-Robbie-Autobiography/dp/184596716X

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2014, 06:30:38 PM »

621!!! Incredible !!
ParkINson's red and white army

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2014, 06:32:35 PM »

Should have gone for it last night, we were too cautious. Lee should have changed things earlier, Rodgers was so poor, wilkinson should have been on at half time.

You could make a case for Richman coming on, but Wilkinson!
Full time and proud of it

mortlakebob

« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2014, 07:25:09 PM »

Uday, wasnt meaning to be patronising. The 2 books i have for you - one is the beautiful game, a brilliant book by david conn - read the chapter on crewe alexandra. Then remember that we have same morals and ethics in our club and realise how lucky we are. The 2nd is a book written by journalist ian ridley about his time as chairman of weymouth football club. Its a good reminder that these are part time lads, that nothing is predictable, and that not every one in the non league game has best interests of their club at heart. When we win the play off final in 3 weeks i will give u both books to enjoy over the summer. If we lose in play off semi i will post the booby prize of robbie savages autobiography to your home in northwich (comedy, just banter). Keep the faith. Conf prem in 3 weeks  ps the higginbotham signing made noboby a laughing stock. Incidentally danny is such a top man that he texted me from his holiday on tuesday to find out the latest score from oxford city. He wanted to end his career winning us promotion but his body had other ideas. Thats football.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2014, 07:45:09 PM »

Uday, wasnt meaning to be patronising. The 2 books i have for you - one is the beautiful game, a brilliant book by david conn - read the chapter on crewe alexandra. Then remember that we have same morals and ethics in our club and realise how lucky we are. The 2nd is a book written by journalist ian ridley about his time as chairman of weymouth football club. Its a good reminder that these are part time lads, that nothing is predictable, and that not every one in the non league game has best interests of their club at heart. When we win the play off final in 3 weeks i will give u both books to enjoy over the summer. If we lose in play off semi i will post the booby prize of robbie savages autobiography to your home in northwich (comedy, just banter). Keep the faith. Conf prem in 3 weeks  ps the higginbotham signing made noboby a laughing stock. Incidentally danny is such a top man that he texted me from his holiday on tuesday to find out the latest score from oxford city. He wanted to end his career winning us promotion but his body had other ideas. Thats football.

Those first two books you mention are essential reading for football fans, particularly at this level. The chapter in David Conn's book about Crewe contrasts tellingly with the chapters about Bury and Bradford City. Floodlit Dreams by Ian Ridley is a huge eye opener as to all the things that go on behind the scenes.

What you see on the pitch is a fraction of what happens at a football club and these books are proof of that.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2014, 07:51:02 PM »

I bumped into Ian Ridley at a non Alty game at St Alban's City several years ago, he had just parted company fairly acrimoniously with Weymouth and was very open about their prospects or lack of them. He was certainly right, a very knowledgeable football man with football at all levels in his heart. Mr Claridge wasn't his best pal clearly.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2014, 09:08:13 PM »

Did anyone else notice that last night, other than once, Havern didnt come up for corners?

In fact, we only ever had 4 or 5 up for corners at anyone time.

I did think it was strange especially because we got to the ball first on every occasion when it was put in but didnt have the numbers up to pick up the second ball.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 passion???????????????????????? ? heart???????????