PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 play offs
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: play offs  (Read 6638 times)

Barry Howard was my Hero

play offs
« on: April 19, 2014, 09:10:25 AM »

Based on what I have seen you stand a good chance in the play offs, there's really not much between the top 5 teams.

Can't believe the response of some of your fans every time you don't win a match, I would hate to think how they would react if you were relegated 4 divisions and we're then 15 th in that league.

That said I thought your fans were excellent at the game, County fans were somewhat flat but that's to be expected given our circumstances

Next season will be interesting. We have a target list of players who are supposedly the cream of this league and have already agreed deals with a couple of them, I would expect there will be a couple from Alty that we will be looking to sign up.

It will probably all go wrong for us in pre season but at least we have some stability and no ex players,managers to pay for, Trying to Not be too disrespectful to any clubs in this league but if you are a part time player and have a choice of playing in front of 5000 fans in a proper stadium or 300 in a field with a shed ,I would hope the attraction of county would be too hard to resist. That said there will always be some players who go to whoever pays the most but on reflection I'm not sure I would want those players anyway.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: play offs
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 09:23:54 AM »

I also fear we could lose a couple of our best players soon

These next few games are so important
ParkINson's red and white army

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 09:35:28 AM »

Trying to keep our best players for next season is a priority once the season ends

ALTYGAL

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 09:50:36 AM »

Trying to keep our best players for next season is a priority once the season ends

Hopefully it's already in hand & not just once the seasons finished.

I think we'll lose at least 3 of our best  :'(

george

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 10:39:37 AM »

LOoet's hope Leamington beat Boston United today & we will be in the play off's. As it stands @ the moment, come on Gloucester City,Colwyn Bay,, Leamington, Harrogate Town & Oxford City. Then onto Monday. At least, the players are more committed than some of our so calleds supporters. Unfortunately, Altrincham have always contained a batch of mindless MOANERS.

Beez

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2014, 10:52:26 AM »

Committed? The amount of money some spend watching this side entitles them to an opinion. They dont need patting on the bead by club officials.

GB Alty

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2014, 11:05:49 AM »

Committed? The amount of money some spend watching this side entitles them to an opinion. They dont need patting on the bead by club officials.
It is these so called moaners who are the salt of this club as well, forget the 621 happy clappers out for a day on the piss in Stockport, they won't be at Gloucester next year

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2014, 11:59:59 AM »

Uday,
i think some of those 621 will,and its good that we took that sort of figure to county.I am hoping that we do go up and then i will have a game to go to at Torquay and maybe Exeter.
As for moaners my father was one and he would punch anyone(our own other teams fans) who said anything he did not agree with.But he knew his stuff and has played at Moss Lane,but he was a nightmare at matches.We did go everywhere watching Alty from the 60s upto the year 2000 ish,i moved to devon in 1978 so do not get to see them as much as i would like now.
Harold

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2014, 05:23:18 PM »

I hope Telford win this and we finish 3rd then play and beat Hednesford (rather have them than Guiseley) as I fancy us against NFU in the final opposed to Telford.

I can only dream but I think that's our ideal route out of this division.

York Alty

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2014, 06:09:49 PM »

Based on what I have seen you stand a good chance in the play offs, there's really not much between the top 5 teams.

Can't believe the response of some of your fans every time you don't win a match, I would hate to think how they would react if you were relegated 4 divisions and we're then 15 th in that league.

That said I thought your fans were excellent at the game, County fans were somewhat flat but that's to be expected given our circumstances

Next season will be interesting. We have a target list of players who are supposedly the cream of this league and have already agreed deals with a couple of them, I would expect there will be a couple from Alty that we will be looking to sign up.

It will probably all go wrong for us in pre season but at least we have some stability and no ex players,managers to pay for, Trying to Not be too disrespectful to any clubs in this league but if you are a part time player and have a choice of playing in front of 5000 fans in a proper stadium or 300 in a field with a shed ,I would hope the attraction of county would be too hard to resist. That said there will always be some players who go to whoever pays the most but on reflection I'm not sure I would want those players anyway.

Players aren't just players- they're blokes with commitments.  Too many clubs get by on a whim and a prayer financially.  At Alty we may not pay the best but the players know it'll be paid in full on the day.  SCFC need to get the money right first.  One the money side is sorted you have every chance of walking this division in the next couple of years.

Barry Howard was my Hero

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2014, 06:36:04 PM »

All players have been paid in time and have been for a number of years, our debts have allegedly been written off by shareholders, our highest paid leeches ( can't call them players) will be off the books in a few weeks so we can look forward.

We can pull in 3000+ for a meaningless fixtures when we haven't scored for 5 matches I'm sure you can imagine what the place would be like should we actually have something to play for and a half decent team.

It's a shame Phil Jevons is retiring at the end of the season but I believe Alan Lord already has a number of replacements lined up from the clubs at the business end of the table.

It's never boring at County but I have to say that this division will see away followings like never before if we are are battling for promotion ( watch out for the attendance at Franks Gaff tomorrow).

PS has anyone got the phone numbers for your number 9,10,11, In fact the whole team please.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2014, 06:44:01 PM »

That's a great post, smiling away here, unfortunately it seems though that most of our side are ex-directory.

So good that a game between us last night went so well with no problems and a big crowd, County will get back to a higher level one day soon, perhaps not back to L1 but you deserve a league place. Take solace from Luton, it took time but they did it and your place is rather friendlier than theirs!
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2014, 06:48:39 PM »

All players have been paid in time and have been for a number of years, our debts have allegedly been written off by shareholders, our highest paid leeches ( can't call them players) will be off the books in a few weeks so we can look forward.

We can pull in 3000+ for a meaningless fixtures when we haven't scored for 5 matches I'm sure you can imagine what the place would be like should we actually have something to play for and a half decent team.

It's a shame Phil Jevons is retiring at the end of the season but I believe Alan Lord already has a number of replacements lined up from the clubs at the business end of the table.

It's never boring at County but I have to say that this division will see away followings like never before if we are are battling for promotion ( watch out for the attendance at Franks Gaff tomorrow).

PS has anyone got the phone numbers for your number 9,10,11, In fact the whole team please.

I think we should all be more wary of Salford City potentially nicking all the good local non league players if I'm being honest.

Can imagine players being more tempted to play for them for the obvious reasons than play for SCFC.

It's a shame but its a sign of the times nowadays.

Barry Howard was my Hero

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2014, 06:53:56 PM »

Not sure about Salford, I think it's a disaster in the making. What do ex premiership players know about non league, there is no fan base to call on and the whole thing will be loss making from day one, with the players no longer earning x thousand a week I'm not too sure they will be too keen to splash the cash each week.

Trouty

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2014, 07:13:25 PM »

Not sure about Salford, I think it's a disaster in the making. What do ex premiership players know about non league, there is no fan base to call on and the whole thing will be loss making from day one, with the players no longer earning x thousand a week I'm not too sure they will be too keen to splash the cash each week.

I think FCUM should be very wary of their fans defecting to Salford, they are very fickle after all.
Dont think Neville & co will have to put too much money in, just having there names associated with the club will bring in outside investment & sponsorship.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 play offs