News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Anyway, about this 621...

Author Topic: Anyway, about this 621...  (Read 2849 times)

markecky

« on: April 19, 2014, 10:47:05 AM »

I think it deserves it's own thread rather than be lost in a post about passion and I'm a bit of an old romantic when it comes to stuff like this and singing etc as you know.

Driving to the ground I passed a couple of pubs that had people in Alty kits stood outside with people that I hadn't seen before, love stuff like that.

Then when I got in the ground at 7:15 and there was already about 200 people in and I couldn't find anyone I knew!  It was quality being packed in behind that goal with songs coming from all angles.

It was disappointing that we couldn't get the goal that the support deserved but at least we did ourselves proud on the numbers and atmosphere front. If we would have had a roof we would have been booming out.

I think it has to be Stafford in 1991 when we last took that amount to a league game.

Quality little pic of the section behind the goal.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Anyway, about this 621...
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 11:23:40 AM »

It was a fantastic turnout and lots more than most of us expected. Seen some cracking pics knocking about of the support and the pubs before the game. Hope everyone comes back for the play offs.

Jimmy

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 12:51:04 PM »

Very good turn out

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 02:27:13 PM »

I didn't have time for a pint before the game, but I thoroughly enjoyed myself for the whole evening from the train journey from Altrincham and back to the game and the atmosphere. Great evening with great fans from both sides, and not one iota of any trouble. Home and away fans drinking in the same pub, that is what is supposed to happen. I suspect that of all the away/home fan relationships, we get on with Stockport better than anybody else, especially with two Derby Teams!! When you consider their problems with Macc Town, there has not been one iota of trouble, and Stockport are not included in our anti-opposition songs.

York Alty

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 02:31:48 PM »

Superb away following.  So pleased to be well out out with my guess. I suspect County were caught on the hop a wee bit as they had to open two extra turnstiles at about 19:30.  The queues outside the away end were a lovely lovely sight. 

My brother and I were trying to think back to the last league game that got such an away gate - Stafford '91??

Superb show from the Alty fans.  If we took half that away each week...

arnald

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2014, 02:49:13 PM »

621 something to be proud of
and talking to stockport fans like they were good mates
shame we both cant get out of this league

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2014, 06:31:34 PM »

Defo worthy of its own thread !

Amazing show for the robins

Well done to each and every one who came
ParkINson's red and white army

CountyFan

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2014, 10:12:37 AM »

I didn't have time for a pint before the game, but I thoroughly enjoyed myself for the whole evening from the train journey from Altrincham and back to the game and the atmosphere. Great evening with great fans from both sides, and not one iota of any trouble. Home and away fans drinking in the same pub, that is what is supposed to happen. I suspect that of all the away/home fan relationships, we get on with Stockport better than anybody else, especially with two Derby Teams!! When you consider their problems with Macc Town, there has not been one iota of trouble, and Stockport are not included in our anti-opposition songs.

You'll rarely see County fans causing trouble, I know there have been instances in the past and last season at Kettering there was trouble but that was more as a protest than anything else. As for our problems with Macc Town? We really don't have any, whenever we play at Macc the Landlords are more than happy to see us as we fill the pubs and it's always peaceful. Macc have got about a dozen numpties who like to stand behind the Police and shout rude words but the majority are ok.

Jenga

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2014, 10:42:07 AM »

Countyfan,

I fully expect you will be on the County forum.

Perhaps you can post a link on your forum to this thread.

It was a great occasion, great all drinking in the same pubs and a good atmosphere.

If we don't get promoted I for one look forward to our games next season.

If we do go up, please get promoted asap, I just hope we would pass each other as we come back down.

Well done Alty and County.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team