PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Staff V Supporters 2014
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Staff V Supporters 2014  (Read 14513 times)

bumble

Staff V Supporters 2014
« on: April 23, 2014, 11:07:38 PM »

After making their debut in the IFA supporters league in February, the Altrincham Supporters team will be facing the Staff team this friday at Moss Lane

The bar will be open and selling the remaining Beer festival Ale and ciders at reduced prices.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Staff V Supporters 2014
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 07:27:10 AM »

After making their debut in the IFA supporters league in February, the Altrincham Supporters team will be facing the Staff team this friday at Moss Lane

The bar will be open and selling the remaining Beer festival Ale and ciders at reduced prices.

this is strange this is the first I have seen of this it's not on the official site either

Normally there is a selection process open to all has this stopped ?

If this is a closed selection pool it would have been nice to tell people
ParkINson's red and white army

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 08:13:10 AM »

Not in the true tradition, if that is the case .

markecky

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 08:34:36 AM »

Think they have open training for the supporters team every Monday night, it's become an all year round thing now rather than a one off game.

bighairedmike

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 10:45:35 AM »

Apparently the ales have been reduced to £2 per pint which for the majority of thhem is a great price.

The game kicks off at 7pm and the bar will be open throughout.

Think they have open training for the supporters team every Monday night, it's become an all year round thing now rather than a one off game.

This is indeed the case and open training sessions have been advertised on here, on the official club website, on facebook and it was also mentioned at the open meet the management forum. If anybody wants to play for the supporters team we train every monday evening from 8-9 at Timperley Sports Club, and this continues all year round. We are always happy for people to come and train with us and almost every week we have new faces which is great to see.

Ecky, I hope you dont mind this shameless plugging, but I just thought I'd give some background and let everyone know that it isn't actually a closed pool and as you say, it has gone now to an all year round thing as opposed to a one-off.

dawno

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 01:36:58 PM »

See you all there  ;)

Jezza

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 02:17:13 PM »

I'm assuming Dawn is the masseuse....... ;D ;D

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2014, 04:50:54 PM »

If anybody wants to play for the supporters team we train every monday evening from 8-9 at Timperley Sports Club, and this continues all year round. We are always happy for people to come and train with us and almost every week we have new faces which is great to see.

Whats the level of fitness/skill required for Monday evenings, and when you say training, is it training to play against other teams or a friendly kick around, and how much is it?

joe

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2014, 07:28:00 PM »

Bit naughty IMO. Many people can't commit to training weekly but are quite happy to pay their fee and take to the hallowed turf once a year and play against the staff like in previous years. Seems like it's all been done in secret this year in a jobs for the boys sort of way.

markecky

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2014, 07:43:36 PM »

Makes sense to me that a supporters team would represent the supporters.   How do you decide who from the supporters team plays and who doesn't?

If there was enough interest from other people then I am sure a second game could be arranged at some stage.

bighairedmike

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2014, 08:07:46 PM »

Beaker, very little. We play for an hour but if you have seen my physique then you will understand why I say very little. Obviously we play a 90 minute match most saturdays and a lot of people have the fitness to get around the pitch relatively competently for that amount of time. Others play bit parts to suit. It is mainly a group of lads who support the club, want to play football and have a laugh at the same time. We don't like losing but winning is not the be all and end all. Monday nights are mainly kickabouts, normally about 9-a-side to get used to the way people play, but we do do some drills as well. £3 for pitch hire. :)

Joe, the same person who organised the supporters team last year has organised it this year too. I agree with what Ecky says in that if the interest is there I'm sure another game could be sorted. Also, having people that go to games home and away and also come to training every week who want to play in this missing out is also incredibly harsh. Not everybody is going to be happy all the time, and paying £25 for a couple of minutes on the pitch isn't really fair on anyone.

dawno

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2014, 08:08:34 PM »

See you all there  ;)

That would be telling  lol x

harv

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2014, 08:14:26 PM »

if this has been done on the sly, i hope you pummelled by the staff

ScoreDaws

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2014, 08:21:23 PM »

Makes sense to me that a supporters team would represent the supporters.   How do you decide who from the supporters team plays and who doesn't?

If there was enough interest from other people then I am sure a second game could be arranged at some stage.

So who would the second game be against, another staff/ different team? I'm a bit peeved that you can't trial for the squad and get selected on merit as in the past. I think it's great that we have a supporter's team, yet it seems a bit of a done deal to me. I work shifts and Mons off are pretty rare for me. Is there anyone who is part of Fri squad, not a Mon night regular?

thegazelle

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2014, 08:28:37 PM »

oh feck we are falling out about this now ????

we are becoming very divided
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Staff V Supporters 2014