PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Staff V Supporters 2014
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Staff V Supporters 2014  (Read 14468 times)

bighairedmike

Re: Staff V Supporters 2014
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2014, 08:33:06 PM »

The answer is no. However we have a regular 18 on a Monday night and have 10-12 "floaters" who can't commit to every week but come down whenever they can and have played league games for us. A squad of 30 would be nowhere near feasible anyway and thats before everybody else wants to play. There are no guarentees either way as to whether people that have commented on here would get into the squad or not and not everybody is going to be happy all of the time. I understand from previous years it is a nightmare to organise anyway as everybody wants to play and someone has to be a bringer of bad jews at some point.

Also, people are picked on merit. It's not just a mates club.

thegazelle

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2014, 08:39:26 PM »

bad jews ????? feckin hell is Hitler in charge

joe

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2014, 08:52:23 PM »

It's great that we have a regular supporters team but this yearly event has always been aimed at both regular and non regular footballers who are willing to pay a fee to play on the hallowed turf. It just seems a bit unfair that the official supporters team have now taken it into their own hands and basically said bollocks to anyone else,our team are playing the staff this year.

Beez

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2014, 08:54:01 PM »

Forgive me for commenting on something that doesn't really effect me, but isn't the point of the staff v supporters game that its an annual fundraiser for the club? Those interesting in playing chuck £30 or whatever into a pot for the chance to play on the hallowed turf?

That's nothing against the lads who turn up week in week out on a Saturday morning for the regular supporters team (who im sure shell out a fair bit in petrol, pitch fees, etc), but it does strike me as a bit odd that a potential community hall fundraiser has been dismissed.

decman7

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2014, 08:58:05 PM »

Everyone who is playing is paying. We haven't said balls to anyone, we were asked so we went a head with it.

joe

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2014, 09:00:41 PM »

Everyone who is playing is paying. We haven't said balls to anyone, we were asked so we went a head with it.

Without advertising it as in previous years so basically saying balls to anyone else.

decman7

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2014, 09:02:53 PM »

Whatever mate, if you want to play that badly have my spot.

Jacobs

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2014, 09:03:40 PM »

To be honest Joe / Wayne this is my fault, I was the one who thought it would be best to use the supporters team. I know that there are about 4-5 lads that come training each week for that one reason or another wont make the squad on friday. I know there is a charity match coming up soon in memory of Keith and if anyone is interested in aupporting this please pm me and I will pass your details on to someone involved.

Apologies once again.

Beez

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2014, 09:04:24 PM »

If you're all paying like previous years then I retract my previous post and take no issue. As long as the moneys rolling in that's fine.

bighairedmike

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2014, 09:10:32 PM »

Without advertising it as in previous years so basically saying balls to anyone else.

Last years organiser asked the supporters team for it this year You can't claim the supporters team have said balls to everyone we're doing our thing. Everybody is paying to play and people are playing on merit. As I said, not everyone is always going to be happy and other people aren't as well, whether youre a regular footballer or not.  

harv

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2014, 09:14:33 PM »

jacobs when is the game in memory of keith then?

Jacobs

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2014, 09:18:47 PM »

Not 100% but I know its in the next few weeks, this will defo be advertised.

Apologies once again for causing aggro

Jacobs out! :'( :'(

dawno

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2014, 09:25:09 PM »

Not 100% but I know its in the next few weeks, this will defo be advertised.

Apologies once again for causing aggro

Jacobs out! :'( :'(

Not wanting to sound like a treater but i would like to help in this event . X

York Alty

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2014, 09:26:40 PM »

My Jacobs are already out.  I like a few crackers and a nice bit of cheese this time of night.

joe

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2014, 09:27:05 PM »

No worries Tom,thanks for clearing that up in a sensible manner rather than trying to get a bit arsey like De Gea has whoever he is. Thanks also for your explanations Mike. If I am free any Monday nights am I allowed to just turn up for training then? It's not very often Im available but Id like to get involved when I am.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 09:34:43 PM by Boss Hogg »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Staff V Supporters 2014