PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Good result
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Good result  (Read 7772 times)

Shimpa

Good result
« on: April 30, 2014, 09:43:21 PM »

2-2 in the end isn't too bad. Makes the home game more interesting now  :)

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
Re: Good result
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 10:15:05 PM »

So far so good , hope guisley can get  through to .

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 10:20:11 PM »

Good result that for Alty, make for an interesting game on Saturday, this is going to be close!!

York Alty

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 10:25:46 PM »

both ties could go either way.

Got to fancy Alty tonight - very confident after tonight,

fuertes

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 10:31:14 PM »

Guiseley are all but there now.

Good result for us tonight. Slight favourites now.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 11:06:48 PM »

A good performance tonight from the team, but we should have converted one of the second half chances (reeves header in particular) to win the game. Leather and clee were superb, James Lawrie had a decent game but griffin was again so desperately poor. Looks vulnerable defensively and his passing was awful, Matt doughty must despair having watch an inferior player from the subs bench.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2014, 11:10:31 PM »

A good performance tonight from the team, but we should have converted one of the second half chances (reeves header in particular) to win the game. Leather and clee were superb, James Lawrie had a decent game but griffin was again so desperately poor. Looks vulnerable defensively and his passing was awful, Matt doughty must despair having watch an inferior player from the subs bench.

You must be watching a different game, Griffin was steady as usual. Good team performance, take our chances at home and we will be fine.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2014, 11:30:57 PM »

Good team performance by all.
Enjoyable game to watch.
Bring on Saturday

Jimmy

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2014, 11:47:56 PM »

Griffin better defender than buzz however buzz better coming forward however if your in the back 4 your main jobs to defend

Jimmy

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2014, 11:52:17 PM »

So far so good , hope guisley can get  through to .
I don't even at home they are the hardest opponents for us in playoffs I'm bemused others don't on tonight worked hard played well decent result
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 12:22:30 AM by Jimmy »

markecky

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2014, 11:54:29 PM »

I didn't see any poor performances tonight.  I saw 11 players give it their all for the cause against a big physical side.

A great game to watch for a neutral I'm sure but we didn't give up even when that goal flew in.

Win 2 home games and we go up. Sounds simple but if we can take the spirit of tonight into them we should be confident.

Quality support as well.  Nothing won yet but we should go into Saturday and finish the job.

andrewflynn

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2014, 12:11:17 AM »

A fantastic game of football. I thought the referee was superb and both teams went about the game in the right way: "one for the neutral."

Their second goal was the best goal I've seen in years, possibly in my life.

Scott Leather was a class above everybody else on the pitch for the full ninety minutes.

Despite scoring two goals, I don't think they really had any clear cut opportunities although they posed a big threat from set pieces. Obviously they had spells of pressure but we never looked shaky or like we were panicking.

A big-stakes Altrincham game just wouldn't be complete without Damian Reeves missing a golden chance with five minutes to go.

We'll take them at home. No worries.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2014, 12:42:54 AM »

Has anyone succeeded in getting out of the Hednesford Town FC car park yet....?

We should have won it with that late Reeves header.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

brian1925

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2014, 06:38:18 AM »

After so much talk of high profile teams parking the bus, it was an absolute honour to watch a game played between two teams who so desperately wanted to score. I must admit, I even applauded their first goal and their second left me speechless, but I doubt they could score two goals like that ever again. I felt we were the better team in every area and what's more important is that I think Hednesford know that and are completely there for the taking on Saturday. As already alluded to, everybody was brilliant last night and I have no criticism for anybody on both sides. A big well done to both Altrincham and Hednesford for delivering such a superb game of proper football, but can we have Reevsey and Wally taking some of those free headers on Saturday so we can all relax a bit please!!!

Hamilton

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2014, 08:22:35 AM »

From the RR commentary it sounded like he had a decent game. The only negative that came across to me were some poor free kicks not getting past the first man. Other than that it was a very solid performance; their two goals out of the ordinary, and exciting going forward.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Good result