News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Yesterday's game

Author Topic: Yesterday's game  (Read 1933 times)

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Yesterday's game
« on: May 04, 2014, 08:51:28 AM »

Can I thank profusely, the management players and all the volounteers invloved with the club for the great day we all had yesterday. From the superb play and a riveting game which which seemed to carry on from the 1st leg in the same vein, to the hard work by the volounteers, especially the bar staff and the refreshment staff, in particular those who had set up by the stewards hut. Thanks to Lee and Neil for a great season which now is not over yet. I have had faith in both of you from the outset, and whatever happens next Saturday that will not change.

To the team, I say you showed a lot of balls yesterday to pull that one round, and I still do not know how you managed to turn staring down the barrels of defeat at 1640pm, into a 2-1 win in such a short space of time. All I can say is that I am really proud of every one of you, and I sincerely hope to all see all of you next season, but let's get next Saturday over and done with. The ball is now in your court, so to speak, and though Guisley are on a similar run to us they have not beaten us this season, which I myself will take into next Saturday's game. The players I spoke to yesterday after the game (you cannot do that at Man U or Man C) had this steely determination in them which was perfectly evident and explained why Hednesford lost the game. It just all happened so quickly and left me also with a sense of bewilderment at the tornado that had suddenly seemed to hit the pitch!!

After the game I went for a couple of pints in the bar, mainly to calm myself down as I was still hyped up with adrenaline so god knows how the players must have felt. By the way we could not see ourselves but if Alty TV have any footage of us on the popular side after the goals, especially after the second goal went in I would love to see it. Perhaps our friend behind the goal may have picked that up?

It is now 0844am the morning after the game and last night I had a crashing headache which started in the bar after the game. I woke up this morning at 0530am and could not get back to sleep, as I replayed that 2nd goal in particular. Thanks to Damien for the clarification of the 2nd goal scorer last night, there was confusion between some of us as to whether Simon or James Lawrie had scored it. I saw it on the U-Tube that Hednesford put on Alty Twitter. Unfortunatly it crashed my computer and I had to reboot, but not before I saw Damien head the ball back across  goal. He did say that Simon fell, but bizzarly that left James Lawrie with an open goal, and he finished that one witjh some aplomb.

Anyway all in all a great afternoon, thanks to Carys from Chester for picking me up afterwards; and great idea to go the the chippy afterwards!!

See you all next weekend for the final chapter!!

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
Re: Yesterday's game
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 09:43:11 AM »

Good post , also thanks to the club for being sensible and letting us stand on popular side , made for brilliant atmosphere .

Jimmy

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 09:46:25 AM »

Well done showed lots of heart brilliant day

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 09:56:17 AM »

Yes excellent post Steve.

Amidst the euphoria of the day the actuall game seems have been overshadowed.

Thought first half we clearly the better team and thier keeper made 2 excellent saves. Second half a much more even game.

Looked like the game was drifting to ET until they scored. If they hadn't I dont think we'd have gone to 3 CB's and 2 wingbacks. Wel done LS.

Thier no5 had an outstanding game. As for our MOM I couldn't pick one. Thought Moult had a good game though.

Would say 'I can't wait for Saturday' but i need to get over yesterday first.
Full time and proud of it

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 10:03:59 AM »

Yes excellent post Steve.

Amidst the euphoria of the day the actuall game seems have been overshadowed.

Thought first half we clearly the better team and thier keeper made 2 excellent saves. Second half a much more even game.

Looked like the game was drifting to ET until they scored. If they hadn't I dont think we'd have gone to 3 CB's and 2 wingbacks. Wel done LS.

Thier no5 had an outstanding game. As for our MOM I couldn't pick one. Thought Moult had a good game though.

Would say 'I can't wait for Saturday' but i need to get over yesterday first.

whilst not forgetting the performance from stu in net I am certain the highlights will show what a huge contribution he had to the result
ParkINson's red and white army

Hemel Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2014, 10:43:03 AM »

Great post Steve. Can I add my thanks to the club, players and fans (of both sides) for a fantastic day. This was my first visit to Moss Lane for a few years (usually don't venture north of Birmingham for Alty games) and despite the best efforts of firstly Virginn Westcoast and then the M1/M6 to spoil the day, the day left me just proud to be associated with this special club.

Hamilton

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2014, 10:59:23 AM »

Great post Steve. Alas I can get nowhere near the ground and can't even listen on RR at work. I really feel I'm missing out here!

One thing we do have in common is the headache - pure tension for mine!

Well done all the team at the J Davidson and the great fans, who acted as a twelfth player.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Yesterday's game