https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 bosh
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: bosh  (Read 12940 times)

GEOFF HOOLEY

bosh
« on: May 04, 2014, 05:57:21 PM »

boshell will play in final , management only had gentelemens agreement that he wouldnt play.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: bosh
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 06:01:23 PM »

Have to try and keep the ball away from him then

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 06:53:37 PM »

We need to focus on what we're going to do, we've got no control over Guiseley. Let them do what they like, we can win this whether they've got Boshell or not.

On the day, anything can happen.
Come on Alty!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 06:57:16 PM »

boshell will play in final , management only had gentelemens agreement that he wouldnt play.

Well he's not being very gentlemanly then if he does break it and play, he was treated superbly by this football club, no honour.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 07:43:55 PM »

Although Boshell clearly is a very good player we can't worry about him to the exclusion of everything or everybody else. Each team has a squad of sixteen and we need to take account of each and every one of the Guiseley Players

To listen to some folk on here you'd think he was a shoo in for the World Cup squad

markecky

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2014, 07:52:07 PM »

In my opinion Danny Boshell was and is a superb midfielder.  

However if he breaks an agreement that allowed him to further his career, whether it be gentlemans, signed or otherwise then he is a man of little honour and he should be ashamed of himself.  I don't think any agreement would be enforceable under league rules or the like but both him and Guiseley should be sticking to it, as frustrating as that may be for them.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2014, 07:57:42 PM »

However if he breaks an agreement that allowed him to further his career, whether it be gentlemans, signed or otherwise then he is a man of little honour and he should be ashamed of himself.  I don't think any agreement would be enforceable under league rules or the like but both him and Guiseley should be sticking to it, as frustrating as that may be for them.

do we know if the agreement covered the play offs or not ?Or as they were nearer the bottom than the top when he went back to guiseley it probably wasnt mentioned ?

Guiseley fan

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2014, 07:58:43 PM »

The agreement was Danny Boshell could not play against Altrincham in the league games at Moss lane and Nethermoor nothing was agreed regarding play offs maybe your Chairman and Manager must have thought we wouldn't get to them I think we was around fourth bottom when he left Altrincham.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2014, 08:04:11 PM »

The agreement was Danny Boshell could not play against Altrincham in the league games at Moss lane and Nethermoor nothing was agreed regarding play offs maybe your Chairman and Manager must have thought we wouldn't get to them I think we was around fourth bottom when he left Altrincham.
[/qte]

thats what i thought so he wouldnt be breaking any agreement , how many do you think will travel over on sat?

roytonmike

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2014, 08:13:22 PM »

Frankly I would have been amazed if any agreement between the clubs had covered play-off matches. Guiseley are entitled to pick whom they please - we should not concern ourselves with one player above the others at this stage; in this, as in many things, I am in agreement with ATS. The spirit the side showed yesterday was excellent but one or two will have to produce rather more by way of performance if we are to win - let's concentrate on our own players and hope they are all fit, ready and at their very best on Saturday. That's the way forward.

Bath Alty

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2014, 08:15:40 PM »

If it was a gentlemen's agreement then it wasn't written down and it certainly didn't specify the league game at Moss Lane as that had already happened by then!

The spirit of the agreement was that he wouldn't play against us when he would otherwise have been contracted to us.  None of us know the precise words used in the conversation and I don't think we can judge Bosh or Guisely unless someone with FIRST HAND knowledge of the conversation chooses to make that public and I know that our club are too honourable to do that - I can't see us coming out and saying Bosh promised he wouldn't play and we are disappointed with his appearance etc

I'd hope he wouldn't play but I don't know if, given the chance, I'd be able to resist playing in a game of such importance to the club he supports, never mind the professional incentive of being in national league next year

markecky

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2014, 08:25:59 PM »

Frankly I would have been amazed if any agreement between the clubs had covered play-off matches. Guiseley are entitled to pick whom they please - we should not concern ourselves with one player above the others at this stage; in this, as in many things, I am in agreement with ATS. The spirit the side showed yesterday was excellent but one or two will have to produce rather more by way of performance if we are to win - let's concentrate on our own players and hope they are all fit, ready and at their very best on Saturday. That's the way forward.

Mike, I've said my piece on it and be assured my focus is very much on getting behind our lads.

If Reeves, Walshaw and Clee are firing on Saturday then it won't matter.

We can and will play better on Saturday then we did yesterday. I am sure of it.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2014, 09:38:38 PM »

Boshell walked out on his contract with Altrincham so why would we expect him to honour a gentleman's agreement? The guy deserves to be given stick on Saturday every time he goes near the ball.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2014, 10:21:41 PM »

I'm not spending all week on here debating the rights and wrongs of Boshell playing for Guiseley.

We just get on with the job.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2014, 10:30:14 PM »

Forget Bosh.
Let's just see what happens.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 bosh