https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 bosh
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: bosh  (Read 12931 times)

Jimmy

Re: bosh
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2014, 10:32:32 PM »

Boshell leaving looked bad because the midfield went missing in big matches however moult and richman were excellent in the 2 games against hednesford so more of the same

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2014, 10:40:05 PM »

He's an irrelevance and if Simon Richman gets to him he won't be on the field long anyway. ;)

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2014, 10:44:03 PM »

In my opinion Danny Boshell was and is a superb midfielder.  

However if he breaks an agreement that allowed him to further his career, whether it be gentlemans, signed or otherwise then he is a man of little honour and he should be ashamed of himself.  I don't think any agreement would be enforceable under league rules or the like but both him and Guiseley should be sticking to it, as frustrating as that may be for them.

The agreement was Danny Boshell could not play against Altrincham in the league games at Moss lane and Nethermoor nothing was agreed regarding play offs maybe your Chairman and Manager must have thought we wouldn't get to them I think we was around fourth bottom when he left Altrincham.

I dont think YOU thought that you would get to the plays-offs back in October. We did Bosh a favour letting him go and at the time it disrupted our plans for the season. Some gentleman if he now intends playing against us in order to really put the knife in our promotion plans, which we set out when he signed to play for us for the whole of this season.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2014, 01:38:06 AM »

Re Guiseley fans view that Boshell could not play in the league matches at Moss Lane or Nethermoor, can I just point out that he DID play at Moss Lane - for Alty.  He came on as a sub replacing Nicky Clee with Alty already 4-1 up.

So if there was an agreement for him not to play at Moss Lane, it has to refer to the playoffs.  Or else we are all making stuff up, or interpreting the situation on the bais of preference rather than fact

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2014, 01:54:54 AM »

crikey , dont think he is that good , didnt rate him myself , on the day if we play to our full  potential we can beat any one , cant wait for it .

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2014, 06:39:27 AM »

This was the most predictable thread of the week.

It makes us sound like we're getting our excuses in early for when we lose on Saturday.

Richman and Moult, in the last 2 games, gave us more than he ever did so lets forget about him and to be honest can we delete this thread as it makes us look pathetic?

eightiesrobin

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2014, 08:29:06 AM »

crikey , dont think he is that good , didnt rate him myself , on the day if we play to our full  potential we can beat any one , cant wait for it .

Agreed. I didn't see him play (he'd gone before I came back) but a few on here would have you believe he's the reincarnation of Platini, Bryan Robson, Maradona and  Zidane, and that he beats teams on his own. We need to get over it, worrying about one player is pointless and counter-productive.

Instead, let's focus on Guiseley's loss in the playoffs 3 years running. That sort of record has to weigh on their minds - look at Jimmy White....

Jimmy

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2014, 08:59:39 AM »

Fair post but jimmy white is not the best example of this in his 5 world finals he played against higher seeds who were expected to beat him

GEOFF HOOLEY

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2014, 09:06:05 AM »

i think wally played in most of guiseleys playoff defeats , abit ironic if he makes it four !!!

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2014, 10:14:53 AM »

Be more ironic if he scores the winner that gets us up

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2014, 10:18:32 AM »

Although Boshell clearly is a very good player we can't worry about him to the exclusion of everything or everybody else. Each team has a squad of sixteen and we need to take account of each and every one of the Guiseley Players

To listen to some folk on here you'd think he was a shoo in for the World Cup squad

Its not a matter of how good he is Phil.
Personally I don't give a toss if he plays or not. He was treated well by Alltrincham FC & what would annoy me is (if its true) . if there was an agreement that he wouldn't play then it is a poor fkn showing from the people involved in Yorkshire. Having said that, there is precious little honour left in the game nowadays and having ballsed up there play off hopes over the last few seasons, Guisely will do anything to get promoted.

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2014, 10:23:40 AM »

How do we know he is playing? where is the evidence ? .

RocketDan

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2014, 11:44:14 AM »

To what extend gentlemens agreements should have in a (semi) professional game where there is money at stake?

Surely the club should have had an agreement in writing. If Bushell does have a blinder - the board/manager only have themselves to blame.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 11:48:49 AM by The Golf Road Grumbler »

markecky

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2014, 12:02:43 PM »

To what extend gentlemens agreements should have in a (semi) professional game where there is money at stake?

Surely the club should have had an agreement in writing. If Bushell does have a blinder - the board/manager only have themselves to blame.

Really don't want to focus the week on one man but that's unfair.  I don't know the details of the agreement but it I do know that it's in writing.

That said, when a player is released ( rather than loaned )  he is usually released so I think we did well to get any sort of agreement that he didn't play against us in the league game at least.

He is good but he isn't going to win the game on his own.

It's about us and what we do on Saturday.

Beaver

« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2014, 12:12:39 PM »

Jesus, they've got a decent midfielder, so what? They finished 5th, they were bound to have a couple of decent players.

We've got the best forward line in the league by a mile, let's get over it and win the game 4-2!

I can't wait for Saturday, a cup final at home, there won't be many opportunities like this in any of our lifetimes as an Alty fan.

COME ON YOU RED N WHITE B@ST@RDS!!!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 bosh