• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: bosh
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2014, 12:16:34 PM »

Hes a good passer but thats about it ,old and slow

markecky

« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2014, 12:26:55 PM »

Jesus, they've got a decent midfielder, so what? They finished 5th, they were bound to have a couple of decent players.

We've got the best forward line in the league by a mile, let's get over it and win the game 4-2!

I can't wait for Saturday, a cup final at home, there won't be many opportunities like this in any of our lifetimes as an Alty fan.

COME ON YOU RED N WHITE B@ST@RDS!!!

THIS!!!

Jezza

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2014, 01:12:28 PM »

If Boshell plays then neither he nor Guiseley have any class whatsoever..........in such a case with a gentleman's agreement (that was honoured) even for league games only it would show class for guiseley to recognise they wouldn't even be in the play offs without our actions.........whereas I am proud that my club has repeatedly shown such class and decency.....you could say we didn't really have much option other than keeping an unhappy player....but we released him in a no nonsense no hard feelings way and got on with it.

In the same vein we have the players to beat them...so lets beat 'em and in the words of jim bowen....eeeh shame lads....have a look at what you would have won.....

a few choruses of play for a big club, you used to play for a big club can I'm sure be expected.....

andrewflynn

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2014, 01:31:56 PM »

Simply put...

Arsed.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2014, 01:36:49 PM »

Not that it's important with less than a week to the game, but if the agreement was for league games (rather than a catch all 'competitive fixtures') the play offs ARE league games. If Guiseley want to interpret it in a way that entitles them to play Bosh then fair enough. The lasting effect beyond Saturday is that nobody will enter into an agreement with them unless it is independently witnessed and so legally enforceable.

brian1925

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2014, 01:42:46 PM »

It's not getting excuses in early at all, but put simply Bosh should not play. The play offs belong to this season, not next season. For what it's worth, I'm not sure he'll play anyway, he seemed like an honorable guy when with us.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2014, 01:57:35 PM »

If he does play do you think i will inspire our players more seeing as the 'gentlemans agreement' was broken?
Harold

York Alty

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2014, 02:14:49 PM »

Last time I checked there were eleven in a team.  Gentlemans agreement or not we need to beat 11, and our focus cannot be on whether he plays or not in breach of an agreement.

Come on Alty.

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2014, 08:25:31 AM »

Guiseley's forum makes it out that due to 'transfer terms' he isn't playing on Saturday.

Hamilton

« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2014, 09:03:29 AM »

Credit to the Alty board for getting this agreement in the deal and credit to Guiseley and Bosh for keeping to it.

York Alty

« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2014, 09:04:32 AM »

http://m.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/non-league-football/bower-fumes-as-broken-jaw-forces-brooksby-out-of-final-1-6603082

Bower said: “Danny not being able to play is unfortunate, but at the time when we signed him, I suppose if they (Altrincham) said: ‘You can have him and you will get in the final of the play-offs, but he won’t be able to play’, we would have taken it."

I bet they would've too!

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2014, 09:07:17 AM »

Jesus, they've got a decent midfielder, so what? They finished 5th, they were bound to have a couple of decent players.

We've got the best forward line in the league by a mile, let's get over it and win the game 4-2!

I can't wait for Saturday, a cup final at home, there won't be many opportunities like this in any of our lifetimes as an Alty fan.

COME ON YOU RED N WHITE B@ST@RDS!!!

Fantastic post!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2014, 09:19:44 AM »

Credit to the Alty board for getting this agreement in the deal and credit to Guiseley and Bosh for keeping to it.

Hear Hear, that said, he was a contracted player, and a good one. This agreement may or could possibly be seen as have being in lieu of them paying a transfer fee. We can't afford to let quality players go for nothing, regardless of how their personal circumstances have changed, and this seemed an adequate solution to all parties
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 09:27:34 AM by Dennis Cruikshank »

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2014, 09:38:10 AM »

Hear Hear, that said, he was a contracted player, and a good one. This agreement may or could possibly be seen as have being in lieu of them paying a transfer fee. We can't afford to let quality players go for nothing, regardless of how their personal circumstances have changed, and this seemed an adequate solution to all parties

Good sense prevails, well done the Board.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 bosh