News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gate Prices

Author Topic: Gate Prices  (Read 6110 times)

markecky

Gate Prices
« on: May 15, 2014, 10:59:06 PM »

Glad we have resisted the temptation to go silly and only raised them by £1.

Also glad that the u16's and u12's have remained the same, the future of the club.

Probably makes us the cheapest in the league I'd think as Hyde was those prices last year, even though non league football is dear.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Gate Prices
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 11:14:15 PM »

Glad we have resisted the temptation to go silly and only raised them by £1.

Also glad that the u16's and u12's have remained the same, the future of the club.

Probably makes us the cheapest in the league I'd think as Hyde was those prices last year, even though non league football is dear.

Why is it cheaper for pensioners to sit (£9) rather than stand (£10)? or is that a typo?!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

markecky

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 11:23:58 PM »

It will be yes, I've dropped John an email to check.

Ashley Alty

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 11:44:49 PM »

Shouldn't the senior prices be the same for 65 year olds?  State pension is paid to all at 65, women no longer get it at 60 and it's going up to 67, isn't it?

RobinHood

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 12:28:06 AM »

Alfreton Town FC recently made a statement that the club was up for sale, and followed that up by saying "Should nothing materialise, Bradley insists it will be business as usual but that the club will have to cut it’s cloth accordingly due to falling attendances".
“We have got to a point where they won’t pay £18, they won’t pay £15 and affordability is something that is definitely questioned.
“We have got a support level that is going the wrong way and an income level that is following suit.

I looked at popping over to see a match at Alfreton (as it's only 3 junctions up the M1 from here) but have been put off by thought of forking out £18 for a match where I've got no interest in either team. That will all change next season when Alty are the visitors.

So, in summary, Alty's prices are fairly competitive, would you agree?

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 09:59:03 AM »

The usual line I get off mates when I try and get them to come...'How much?? For non-league??'. To which I reply we're one of the cheapest in the league.

A friend of my dad's is a United fan, but bought a season ticket for Wigan a couple of years ago as at £300 for a father and son ticket got to see Premier League football.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

markecky

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 10:39:43 AM »

The usual line I get off mates when I try and get them to come...'How much?? For non-league??'. To which I reply we're one of the cheapest in the league.

A friend of my dad's is a United fan, but bought a season ticket for Wigan a couple of years ago as at £300 for a father and son ticket got to see Premier League football.

The whole argument gets distorted when the smaller teams like Wigan and Bolton are in and around the Premier League and get millions of Sky money.

Gate money is almost incidental to them even though Bolton are a secret financial basket case and Wigan are Dave Whelan FC.

Everything is dear these days, I went to book a cinema ticket at the Trafford Centre the other day, thought it would be £7 and it was £10.40.

I try and comfort people into saying that every penny is going into running the club, most people work for free outside the players and management, there are no fat cat directors or dividends and CEO's.  It's quite incredible the stuff we get for done for free at the club.

bumble

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2014, 11:06:25 AM »

I worked out my early bird ticket will cost £5.86 a game, compared to £5.05 a game last year.

I'd argue that even with the price increase its far better value. We'll have an atmosphere this year too.

Id like to see the inclusion of a 10 game ticket perhaps for exiles? or for those who work shifts.

And a Student ST that could be sold to MMU/UoM

York Alty

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2014, 11:34:01 AM »

I worked out my early bird ticket will cost £5.86 a game, compared to £5.05 a game last year.

I'd argue that even with the price increase its far better value. We'll have an atmosphere this year too.

Id like to see the inclusion of a 10 game ticket perhaps for exiles? or for those who work shifts.

And a Student ST that could be sold to MMU/UoM

No point me getting a Season Ticket, there's no way I can justify that.  I would however buy a ten game thing even if I'd not get to ten home league games.

Great idea.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2014, 01:00:36 PM »

Got a bus a few weeks ago from outside South Trafford College into Sale.......the Volunteer actually..........not been on a bus for years and got my small change out only to be asked for £2.40 for a single !!

The gate prices are very competitive and probably the cheapest in the division.........the arguement that some Prem clubs charge the same does not hold water once you understand that they pocket several million in TV revenue and are mainly run by rich foreign hobbyists or UK benefactors......Wigan, Bolton, Burnley would sooner do cheap deals than play Prem football in front of 11000 full price paying fans
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Baldrick

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2014, 10:23:16 PM »

The cheapest season ticket at Macclesfield is £220. Last season Hereford were charging £200.

markecky

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2014, 10:39:04 PM »

The cheapest season ticket at Macclesfield is £220. Last season Hereford were charging £200.

Macclesfield are having a fire sale to try and get some money in to pay wages that players claim they are owed for weeks now on Twitter.  Seems like desperate times there.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2014, 01:34:21 AM »

Macclesfield are having a fire sale to try and get some money in to pay wages that players claim they are owed for weeks now on Twitter.  Seems like desperate times there.

The first time we get in the same league as the buggers for 17 years and it looks like they might implode. How do you reach the FAC 3R two years running as a Conference team and still be in a total mess off the pitch?

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2014, 01:13:20 PM »

The first time we get in the same league as the buggers for 17 years and it looks like they might implode. How do you reach the FAC 3R two years running as a Conference team and still be in a total mess off the pitch?

Two words: Steve King.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gate Prices