News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Retained Players

Author Topic: Retained Players  (Read 2718 times)

Ashley Alty

Retained Players
« on: May 15, 2014, 11:13:41 PM »

List out back till Saturday's meeting (7.30).  Will there be room for all 4700 of us to go and find out how many of our heroes are staying with us?

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Retained Players
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 11:30:14 PM »

3700 of us..........Guiseley had a few there on Saturday themselves
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Ashley Alty

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 11:42:49 PM »

OK, just 3700 of us then, hope Jenny's ordered enough packets of KP nuts  :)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 09:39:52 AM »

James Walshaw's family life and job demands are very similar to Stuart Coburn, Nicky Clee, Jake Moult and Reevesy .

Now I'm worried
Full time and proud of it

bumble

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 09:47:49 AM »

James Walshaw's family life and job demands are very similar to Stuart Coburn, Nicky Clee, Jake Moult and Reevesy .

Now I'm worried

I wouldnt be. Nicky said he'd like to as did Stu

The other two might like the 'promotion' for the extra income to support their family - same as any of other person getting a promotion in their day job

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 11:17:42 AM »

Its always a big step going from regional into national football, arguably one that should see promoted clubs come in for a readjustment payment. As long as we aren't building from scrap like Chester had to last season then so be it. A spine of a team is just that, and if we have that I'll be happy as we can build around it. Enjoy promotion and enjoy the sunshine, 6 days ago we would have all sold a kidney to be in this position now. We will see what tools weve got to work with tomorrow night. I'm more interested in finding out what preseason games we've got coming up. We need to run with probably 20/22 players this year so plenty of things to happen before August 9th. We'll be kicking off in the league where we belong 11 weeks tomorrow, and I don't care if its against Braintree or Bristol, Wrexham or welling Im basking in promotion glory and cannot wait, no matter what 11 take the field.
Three cheers for the goose green reds.

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 11:55:03 AM »

I agree, the National is a totally different prospect and the players have to make the decision that is in both theirs and the clubs best interests... even if its heartbreaking to the fans. At least those who do sign will be 100% committed to the cause and who knows who else LS has his eye on. Cruik(..sey) is right, a hugely enjoyable summer awaits and then down to business with whichever 11 that the manager and his team put together for the next level.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 11:56:38 AM by RedRedRobin »

York Alty

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2014, 12:00:26 PM »

I agree, the National is a totally different prospect and the players have to make the decision that is in both theirs and the clubs best interests... even if its heartbreaking to the fans. At least those who do sign will be 100% committed to the cause and who knows who else LS has his eye on. Cruik(..sey) is right, a hugely enjoyable summer awaits and then down to business with whichever 11 that the manager and his team put together for the next level.

Sums it up.  Leave it with Lee to attract players, selling Skrill premier to some players is going to be easier than selling them the idea of Skrill North. Feet up for the fans yeah....unless you're one of the folk working on the flags.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Retained Players