Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Don't panic......the remnants of the Alty Club Shop are on fire!
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Don't panic......the remnants of the Alty Club Shop are on fire!  (Read 10076 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Three fire engines currently outside the ground.

Acrid smoke billowing down Moss Lane towards the town and police wearing smoke masks are diverting traffic.

It's not exactly Steve McQueen in The Towering Inferno but it's still managed to excite the locals....!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

York Alty

Re: Don't panic......the remnants of the Alty Club Shop are on fire!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 01:14:44 PM »

eeek.

not affecting the main stand I hope.  more importantly keep safe folks.

markecky

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 01:23:39 PM »

It's a bonfire of the old club shop that produced a bit more smoke than anticipated.  Don't panic exiles.

Cult has been advised to keep his doors and windows closed until further notice.  

Although from social media you'd think the tower had melted and was dangerously leaning at 45 degrees threatening to take out the secret spy equipment that is up there and half of Golf Road.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 01:28:39 PM by markecky »

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 01:40:48 PM »

Who's crackpot idea was that? How to further alienate the locals and get the club nicked too. Anyone heard of skips? My God. The Clean Air act is punishable by a fine of up to £20k.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Jenga

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 02:02:10 PM »

Who's crackpot idea was that? How to further alienate the locals and get the club nicked too. Anyone heard of skips? My God. The Clean Air act is punishable by a fine of up to £20k.

I am just glad we are not over reacting

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2014, 04:35:24 PM »

I bet Dawn & Karen got all excited when 18 firemen pitched up  :D

Nothing wrong with burning the waste. Use the ashes as a raffle prize at next Xmas / New Year club draw.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2014, 04:38:47 PM »

It's a bonfire of the old club shop that produced a bit more smoke than anticipated.  Don't panic exiles.

Cult has been advised to keep his doors and windows closed until further notice.  

Although from social media you'd think the tower had melted and was dangerously leaning at 45 degrees threatening to take out the secret spy equipment that is up there and half of Golf Road.

Good job the old gasworks has gone Mark or the locals would really have a panic on  :D

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2014, 04:50:38 PM »

I shall be submitting a substantial compensation claim to the club for the smoke's detrimental impact on the washing that I had just put out in the back garden.

My cherished Alty shirt autographed by Brian Kilcline has been utterly ruined, not to mention my wife's Alexander McQueen limited edition pyjamas.

Thank the Lord that her Shrewsbury Town away shirt was still in her wardrobe.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 04:55:32 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Silkyman23

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2014, 04:55:03 PM »

Acrid smoke billowing down Moss Lane towards the town and police wearing smoke masks are diverting traffic.

A foul smell emanating from Moss Lane?

Business as usual then?

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2014, 04:58:12 PM »

A foul smell emanating from Moss Lane?

Business as usual then?
Your a bit premature there pal, that will happen when your mob play us at Moss lane .

Silkyman23

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2014, 05:01:05 PM »

I know it's a scary prospect for you, but I didn't think losing to Macc would be brown underpants time for you...

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2014, 05:02:50 PM »

I shall be submitting a substantial compensation claim to the club for the smoke's detrimental impact on the washing that I had just put out in the back garden.

My cherished Alty shirt autographed by Brian Kilcline has been utterly ruined, not to mention my wife's Alexander McQueen limited edition pyjamas.

Is that the shirt that Arthur Rowley signed, Cult ;)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2014, 06:02:26 PM »

Best place for it in my opinion (assuming the bin is full)  ;)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

dawno

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2014, 06:41:52 PM »

I bet Dawn & Karen got all excited when 18 firemen pitched up  :D

Nothing wrong with burning the waste. Use the ashes as a raffle prize at next Xmas / New Year club draw.

I wasnt there 😔

York Alty

« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 09:12:36 PM by York Alty »
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Don't panic......the remnants of the Alty Club Shop are on fire!