News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 TASC World Cup Prediction Competition - I Get To Keep The Champagne

Author Topic: TASC World Cup Prediction Competition - I Get To Keep The Champagne  (Read 2307 times)

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Four matches on Day 4 presented the opportunity to make a serious improvement in the individual points totals of the 25 teams taking part in the TASC World Cup Prediction Competition.

The Ivory Coast’s 2-1 victory over Japan in the early hours was correctly predicted by Shortdean United, Pukka Is Best and Gilmore.

Switzerland’s injury time winner against Ecuador wiped out 6 people’s chances of picking up a maximum 3 points having gone for a 1-1 draw. Congratulations to Phil Jones and Sarah Rowley who both correctly predicted a 2-1 win for the Swiss.

Sarah’s prediction was her third all correct prediction in the nine matches to date and temporarily moved her to the top of the leader board ahead of the two other matches.

France’s bruising encounter against Honduras resulted in 6 correct predictions of the 3-0 score line.

Fortunately my offer of a bottle of champagne to the person who predicted an 8-2 win for France was never in danger and the bottle is now safely back in the fridge ! - Sorry George !

Potters Mould and Gilmore were the only two to correctly predict the Argentina v Bosnia Herzegovina result both having also done likewise in the preceding France v Honduras match.

Gilmore’s three correct predictions out of the four matches played on Sunday takes him to the top of the table with 19 points just one point ahead of Sarah Rowley. Just two points then separates the next 12 teams.

The full table is as follows:

Gilmore     19
Sarah Rowley   18
The Hand of God   15
Shortdean United   15
Pukka Is Best   15
Good Guessers   14
Mauritian Flyer   14
Foz   14
Potters Mould   14
Rio De Timperley   13
Groucho's Gooners   13
One Over The Eight   13
All Roads To Rio - BR - 116   13
Phil Jones   13
The Flaggers   12
I'll Beat George   12
They Think It's All Over   11
Super Doopers   11
GC XI   11
Barkley's Brave Harts   11
We're On The First Plane Home   10
Wilmslow Wanderers   10
Hardly Athletic   10
Pete Foster    9
Timperley Toon   9

The big match on Day 5 (Monday) is undoubtedly the early kick off between Germany and Portugal in Salvador. Over half of the entries have gone for a draw, with 8 people predicting a 1-1 draw and 5 going for 2-2.  11 of you have gone for a German victory, with the most popular score line being 3-1 (5 predictions). Only one person has gone for a Portuguese win (1-2).

Similarly only one person is predicting an Iranian win over Nigeria (3-1) with 6 predicting a draw.

In the other Group G match in Natal, no fewer than 11 people have gone for a 1-1 draw between Ghana and USA. 6 participants have gone for a Ghana win and 7 for the USA.

With 11 out of the 48 matches played the competition is wide open.

robins1978

Hi Paul - Just wondered what determines a teams place in the table standings when teams are on the same points. Is it the number of times an entrant has correctly predicted a games outcome, home score and away score - or is it just alphabetical - LOL (and thanks - soz if this has already been asked and answered)

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

At the moment it's just the way the spread sheet churns them out when set to 'sort,

The final table will be based on who has made the most correct score predictions, and then if that doesn't distinguish a winner it's the number of 2 point scores.

After that it's a penalty shoot out !!

robins1978

At the moment it's just the way the spread sheet churns them out when set to 'sort,

The final table will be based on who has made the most correct score predictions, and then if that doesn't distinguish a winner it's the number of 2 point scores.

After that it's a penalty shoot out !!

Thanks Paul - confirmed my assumptions!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 TASC World Cup Prediction Competition - I Get To Keep The Champagne