PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Community Hall
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Community Hall  (Read 22295 times)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Community Hall
« Reply #90 on: July 29, 2014, 05:20:54 PM »

I am concerned that the view from the main stand is going to be severely restricted on the left hand side as you look from the pitch. Hope I am wrong. Losing 200- 400 seats would be a problem.

joe

« Reply #91 on: July 29, 2014, 08:46:48 PM »

I am concerned that the view from the main stand is going to be severely restricted on the left hand side as you look from the pitch. Hope I am wrong. Losing 200- 400 seats would be a problem.

I would imagine this was taken into account when the plans were drawn up Dave as with the family stand which doesn't affect the viewing from the main stand at all as far as I am aware? I very much doubt they've just decided to throw the new Community Hall up and hope for the best that it doesn't restrict the view from elsewhere.

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 29, 2014, 11:17:42 PM »

I would imagine this was taken into account when the plans were drawn up Dave as with the family stand which doesn't affect the viewing from the main stand at all as far as I am aware? I very much doubt they've just decided to throw the new Community Hall up and hope for the best that it doesn't restrict the view from elsewhere.

Oh yes it does !

I have it on good authority that a special concession has been agreed with the F A and all corners conceded at The a Golf Road end will now be taken from the far corner so everyone in the main stand can see who is taking them.

Simples ! ,

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 29, 2014, 11:35:07 PM »

a quick warning  to all that stood on the pavilion please don't come over to the oppistie side ie the grumpy corner where me , romeo bury alty and son  stand and mince....   any happy cheerful thoughts will not be tolerated , we cant be doing with any of that its taken us years to scare people away from our little corner of bitterness
FFS

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 30, 2014, 06:14:46 PM »

Question for Pukka Pieman:

Any chance of a refund on my season ticket owing to the fact that the dimensions of the Community Sports Hall mean that my main stand seat now has a restricted view......?

« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 06:16:55 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 30, 2014, 06:35:46 PM »

Is this an almighty cock-up or a calculated risk as the stand is hardly ever full anyway?

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 30, 2014, 07:42:00 PM »

Oh yes it does !

I have it on good authority that a special concession has been agreed with the F A and all corners conceded at The a Golf Road end will now be taken from the far corner so everyone in the main stand can see who is taking them.

Simples ! ,

For my understanding is that.
They might be jacking the stand up 5 metres, or if spectators aren't happy with the view, they can move onto the TV gantry.
But must bring their own seat!!!!

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 30, 2014, 08:13:37 PM »

Any chance of a refund on my season ticket owing to the fact that the dimensions of the Community Sports Hall mean that my main stand seat now has a restricted view......?

Answer, move seat. The benefits of the CSH outweigh this minor problem. The same problem already exists to a degree from the family stand.

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 30, 2014, 09:21:33 PM »

Answer, move seat. The benefits of the CSH outweigh this minor problem. The same problem already exists to a degree from the family stand.

Ah yes - The Family Stand and Sponsor's Lounge

and the Community Sports Hall doubles up, on match days for further corporate entertaining facilities.

It's beginning to sound like the response you get at Old Trafford - no respect for the downtrodden hard working regular supporters.

First they kick us off the flags, and when we relocate to the main stand you can't see half the pitch.

Next thing you know they'll be introducing Pukka Pies without any consultation with the supporters whatsoever.

It's a disgrace, I feel like writing to my MP and getting the matter mentioned in the House of Commons.

bigedd

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 30, 2014, 09:40:13 PM »

I have a seat in the main stand.And agree,
The view will be restricted, when the Hall is completed.
Solution,Move my seat.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 31, 2014, 12:54:30 AM »

Were the two things mutually exclusive then?

It affects quite a few seats though, Ian, doesn't it?

Are you relocating the press box, too?

Theatres and concert halls are obliged to advise you that the seat you are booking has a restricted view.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 31, 2014, 07:13:47 AM »

listening to radio robins last tuesday they said that the view from the press office is going to be restricted as was some from the stand itself,this does sound like a bit of a cock up to me.
Harold

GB Alty

« Reply #102 on: July 31, 2014, 09:52:08 AM »

This is a mess

Will we have to cut the capacity? The stand was full against Guiseley

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 31, 2014, 10:03:25 AM »

Its only the corner flag you can't see from certain seats much the same as is the case with the family stand from certain seats, its full once every Preston guild. Frustrating for some but lots of grounds have such issues, to a big degree at Morecambes new build

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 31, 2014, 10:17:21 AM »

Benefits of restricted view - were 3-0 down with 15 mins to go and playing sh*t. Suddenly a queue forms for seats with restricted views.
Every cloud etc.  ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Community Hall