PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Teams Tonight
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Teams Tonight  (Read 8563 times)

Hamilton

Re: Teams Tonight
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 08:09:02 PM »

Coburn, Densmore, M. Williams, Leather, Havern, Marshall, Richman, Crowther, Perry, Gillespie, Lawrie
Subs: S.Williams, Wilkinson, Reeves, Clee, Pouncey, Parton

Iateallthepies

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 10:40:09 PM »

That was a tough game for Alty tonight.
United were so quick and that big number 10 caused a few problems. We fell asleep a few time defensivly.
(I hop we dont play like that in the confrence)
I was told the attendance was 750.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 10:53:42 PM »

Well and truly dicked

brian1925

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 11:15:14 PM »

Some of those United players were very very good. I believe the number 11 was Tom Lawrence and he looked real quality, as did a number of their other players. As far as we're concerned, i thought our four new players looked decent, but some of our defenders looked unfit and as we already knew, we desperately need a combative midfielder, or we'll struggle this season.

ripleym

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 11:33:41 PM »

Positives from this are that it was a great exercise in not having the ball for long periods, and being closed down quickly during the brief periods you have it.

This will have benefited us more than a match against Tranmere youth.

The result is irrelevant.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 11:47:16 PM »

Contrary to what some people think, I believe that a good Donald Ducking is never good for a team in terms of morale, confidence and most other things. It's not too fantastic for those paying to watch it either.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2014, 11:48:17 PM »

Some of those United players will, in the future, cost someone millions of pounds.

A much better side than us as you would expect but we kept going until the end and worked hard without the ball to try to close them down. Quite often, it took ability which we will not encounter in the League to get around us, sometimes it seemed far too easily but not really/

Result is irrelevant and a good many defenders would be made to look unfit by movement such as tonight I really am not worried  

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2014, 11:49:05 PM »

By the way, isn't that the first time the Utd team have score this pre-season? (Inc. a 0-1 defeat at Southport last night?)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

York Alty

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2014, 12:32:29 AM »

Had hoped to listen in but that wasn't working out too well this end.  The result tells most of the story, but it doesn't matter.  It's a decent runout for Alty and no more.  The opposition tonight would give most conf prem teams a game.

GB Alty

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2014, 08:06:13 AM »

Some of those United players were very very good. I believe the number 11 was Tom Lawrence and he looked real quality, as did a number of their other players. As far as we're concerned, i thought our four new players looked decent, but some of our defenders looked unfit and as we already knew, we desperately need a combative midfielder, or we'll struggle this season.
Yes Mike Williams (it's going to be a long road back) and Marshall particularly (will Marshall ever be fit)

Thought Crowther looked good
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 09:25:25 AM by Uday »

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2014, 08:18:27 AM »

Not to worried by that result , surely people arnt going to judge us on it , there were some  positives  and we played players out of position , which is what these games are about experimenting , but once again perry looked bad can't believe we kept him.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2014, 08:56:16 AM »

Agree that Crowther looked ok, and Lawrie ran around manfully. Perry was awful as ever, doesn't look like a footballer for me
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 08:58:15 AM by eightiesrobin »

brian1925

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2014, 09:56:03 AM »

I thought that Crowther was fabulous, but i also liked the look of Sean Williams as a defensive midfielder. The keeper looks like he'll be our number 1 too. As i mentioned earlier, our four new players all looked pretty decent against a very good team, but one or two of our senior players from last season looked worryingly unfit, no matter what the opposition. Contrary to what some believe, i think it's much better to be playing friendly games against opposition like that  rather than the type of teams we've played so far, as it can only improve us. There were periods in the match when we matched them. 

Jenga

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2014, 12:13:15 PM »

Brilliant that we are having a go at Perry already. I wondered how long it would take.

Perry will be vital for us this season, you will see.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Teams Tonight