PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Squad rotation???
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Squad rotation???  (Read 11577 times)

joe

Squad rotation???
« on: August 12, 2014, 09:40:40 PM »

I know we've slightly improved the squad over the summer but surely not enough to start pissing around?! I'm fully aware that Scott Leather is currently unavailable but surely Nicky Clee and Damian Reeves have to start when fit which tonight it appears they were,especially at home!!

Bath Alty

Re: Squad rotation???
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 09:45:20 PM »

Agreed.

Reeves & Gillespie

Clee +  Williams or Richman + Crowther

Cav 

For me the front of the team has to look like this from the off.  Get some consistency and fluency from playing together.  Ok the rest might lack a bit of match fitness but we can't keep shuffling them round trying to keep them all fit 'just in case we need them'.

Hamilton

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 09:49:09 PM »

Maybe saving the main strike force for the weaker teams?

Jenga

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 09:53:09 PM »

I actually thought the team may have been right tonight and i can understand the rotation this early in the season if players are not yet 100% match fit.

Problem for me was that Reeves and Clee should have come on when we were on top to pile more pressure on. Instead in my opinion the subs were brought on after Lincoln weathered the storm and Alty lost a little of their stride. 10 minutes earlier with the subs and they would have been effective. Instead they made no real difference.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 09:55:13 PM »

I can tell from the tentativeness of this post Hamilton that even you don't really believe this, it's just the only remotely possible idea.

I also believe that you, like I, think it'd be a terrible idea.

I would just add, having not been able to attend, that perhaps like Boss Hogg says, we're not that good to piss about. I think we've missed a chance to show some real positive intent tonight with Reeves, Clee, Moult etc. We needed to make a statement. We didn't.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 09:59:14 PM by Ballers »

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 09:59:53 PM »

As I said in my post on Saturday, after Sinnott's back 4 rotation, which I was slaughtered for, the guy's clueless and we're going to have to put up with it.

If anyone can genuinely convince me what Perry can offer that Reeves can't then I'm all ears.
Answers such as 'he played well against Stalybridge and Histon last year' won't do.

Hamilton

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2014, 10:12:33 PM »

I can tell from the tentativeness of this post Hamilton that even you don't really believe this, it's just the only remotely possible idea.

I also believe that you, like I, think it'd be a terrible idea.

I would just add, having not been able to attend, that perhaps like Boss Hogg says, we're not that good to piss about. I think we've missed a chance to show some real positive intent tonight with Reeves, Clee, Moult etc. We needed to make a statement. We didn't.

Agreed! We need to play our best available team.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2014, 10:18:22 PM »

As I said in my post on Saturday, after Sinnott's back 4 rotation, which I was slaughtered for, the guy's clueless and we're going to have to put up with it.

If anyone can genuinely convince me what Perry can offer that Reeves can't then I'm all ears.
Answers such as 'he played well against Stalybridge and Histon last year' won't do.

I'm sure someone will come and have a try.

I do wonder what on earth LS is thinking sometimes. It could be a brand of evil genius, I really don't get it.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2014, 10:18:56 PM »

It was the inability to get shots on target that cost us. Lincoln might have looked and played like a full-time team physically but they lacked much in the way of threat, and their number 23's weaknesses should have been exploited. Lincoln worked two good chances and scored from them, and that's what counts.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2014, 10:20:37 PM »

I actually thought Perry played quite well tonight, he was strong, held it up well and laid it off well a few times too.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2014, 10:24:46 PM »

Two defeats and still not in the relegation places. Every cloud ....

brian1925

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2014, 10:27:25 PM »

My honest assessment of tonight's game is that both teams were awful. There's not really a lot else left to say. If I could think of anything positive I'd post it. Stu has been great for us, but he is glued to his line and opposition forwards are sensing his hesitation in the same way as they can sense the panic in Marshall. I understand that loyalty is important in life, but Lee will have to start thinking about whether it really is a sensible idea starting both James Lawrie and Kyle Perry. I can see Kyle's role as an impact player from the bench, but poor James is completely out of his depth at this level. Was Mike Williams even in the squad tonight? I'm truly sorry for the injury he got last season, as he did look a class act, but we cannot afford to be sentimental in this league. Without Scott we needed a fit replacement in the event of injuries and if Mike can't provide that sort of cover, he really needs to leave. Having said that, Jake did his best at right back and that is the only positive I can think of. If I had just one question for Lee I'd ask him what his aversion is to having Nicky and Ryan on the pitch at the same time. I mean are they allergic to each other? I really didn't want to be so negative so early in the season, but I can't see Lincoln scoring two in a game for the rest of the season.

Jimmy

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2014, 10:32:37 PM »

Agreed.

Reeves & Gillespie

Clee +  Williams or Richman + Crowther

Cav 

For me the front of the team has to look like this from the off.  Get some consistency and fluency from playing together.  Ok the rest might lack a bit of match fitness but we can't keep shuffling them round trying to keep them all fit 'just in case we need them'.
Williams over richman and you have the correct front 6

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2014, 10:33:14 PM »

I honestly think he thought he could win it putting Reeves and Clee on for the last fifteen minutes. Unfortunately Lincoln's subs gave them a bit more cohesion which helped create their second goal. It's easy to always blame your own defence for goals conceded but you have to give some credit to the attacking side sometimes.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2014, 10:34:38 PM »

My honest assessment of tonight's game is that both teams were awful. There's not really a lot else left to say. If I could think of anything positive I'd post it. Stu has been great for us, but he is glued to his line and opposition forwards are sensing his hesitation in the same way as they can sense the panic in Marshall. I understand that loyalty is important in life, but Lee will have to start thinking about whether it really is a sensible idea starting both James Lawrie and Kyle Perry. I can see Kyle's role as an impact player from the bench, but poor James is completely out of his depth at this level. Was Mike Williams even in the squad tonight? I'm truly sorry for the injury he got last season, as he did look a class act, but we cannot afford to be sentimental in this league. Without Scott we needed a fit replacement in the event of injuries and if Mike can't provide that sort of cover, he really needs to leave. Having said that, Jake did his best at right back and that is the only positive I can think of. If I had just one question for Lee I'd ask him what his aversion is to having Nicky and Ryan on the pitch at the same time. I mean are they allergic to each other? I really didn't want to be so negative so early in the season, but I can't see Lincoln scoring two in a game for the rest of the season.

You thought Lincoln were awful? Really? That 2nd goal was a brilliant move. They looked strong in defence and well drilled in other areas of the pitch, not fantastic but certainly not awful either.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Squad rotation???