PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Squad rotation???
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Squad rotation???  (Read 11514 times)

taxi Phil

Re: Squad rotation???
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2014, 10:37:11 PM »

Mike Williams wasn't in the squad. He was subbed at half time on Saturday by which time he was wearing a "blood shirt". Does it not occur to people that he just might be injured ?

taxi Phil

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2014, 10:38:10 PM »

My honest assessment of tonight's game is that both teams were awful. There's not really a lot else left to say. If I could think of anything positive I'd post it. Stu has been great for us, but he is glued to his line and opposition forwards are sensing his hesitation in the same way as they can sense the panic in Marshall. I understand that loyalty is important in life, but Lee will have to start thinking about whether it really is a sensible idea starting both James Lawrie and Kyle Perry. I can see Kyle's role as an impact player from the bench, but poor James is completely out of his depth at this level. Was Mike Williams even in the squad tonight? I'm truly sorry for the injury he got last season, as he did look a class act, but we cannot afford to be sentimental in this league. Without Scott we needed a fit replacement in the event of injuries and if Mike can't provide that sort of cover, he really needs to leave. Having said that, Jake did his best at right back and that is the only positive I can think of. If I had just one question for Lee I'd ask him what his aversion is to having Nicky and Ryan on the pitch at the same time. I mean are they allergic to each other? I really didn't want to be so negative so early in the season, but I can't see Lincoln scoring two in a game for the rest of the season.

You thought Lincoln were awful? Really? That 2nd goal was a brilliant move. They looked strong in defence and well drilled in other areas of the pitch, not fantastic but certainly not awful either.

No better than mid table to be perfectly honest.

brian1925

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2014, 10:38:57 PM »

Every time a cross goes into our penalty area, the opposition look as if they are going to score. There is zero confidence in the keeper or the centre halves I'm afraid and if we are serious about being in this league, that will have to change asap.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 10:40:54 PM by brian1925 »

Jimmy

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2014, 10:39:09 PM »

Alty. Have every chance of competing at this level but I'd be amazed if we beat anyone without clee and reeves infact we wouldn't beat sides in the leauge below not playing them we saw that last season when they were rested or dropped and not play both of them is madness
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 10:53:59 PM by Jimmy »

Jenga

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2014, 10:42:56 PM »

I honestly think he thought he could win it putting Reeves and Clee on for the last fifteen minutes. Unfortunately Lincoln's subs gave them a bit more cohesion which helped create their second goal. It's easy to always blame your own defence for goals conceded but you have to give some credit to the attacking side sometimes.
I agree, against teams this early in the season when players are not fully fit two games in 4 days can tell. If Clee and Reeves came on when we had them on the rack to put more pressure on we could have done it, if Crowthers shot that hit the bar had gone in we could have done it. We were not far away tonight, but unfortunately to stay up it is these home games we need to get points from.

Not all doom and gloom but certainly we need to improve.

I actually thought we gave a good account of ourselves tonight, but we just need to find that little extra and that will be Scott Leather, Reeves and Clee on from the start once everyone is at match fitness.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2014, 10:43:04 PM »

Every time a cross goes into our penalty area, the opposition look as if they are going to score. There is zero confidence in the keeper or the centre halves I'm afraid and if we are serious about being in this league, that will have to change asap.

Agreed, and this happened a lot last year. Off the top of my head, I can remember Leamington, Telford, Worcester and Harrogate all scoring sucker blows from set pieces.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 10:46:40 PM by eightiesrobin »

markecky

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2014, 11:03:07 PM »

I think there were quite a few positives tonight, I disagree that Lincoln were awful but it's about opinions I guess.

I said on another thread that we could not use the same 11 game after game for fitness reasons.  I didn't mean drop Reeves and Clee at home in the second game.

That was a terrible decision and one I hope I don't see again.  I'm really angry that we handicapped ourselves like that from the off.

It's not all doom and gloom but that was not the right team tonight and has taken the edge of a match I have been looking forward to for three years before it even started.

Jimmy

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2014, 11:06:39 PM »

Agree Lincoln were not awfull however more impressed by aldershot

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2014, 11:13:26 PM »

I don't agree with the match report's assertion that Altrincham were overpowered by a strong Lincoln side. I'd assert they were undone by two good moves.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2014, 11:19:28 PM »

don't know where to start. we"ve been down the Perry over Reeves road before and it was bollox then and its bollox now.

No idea why Crowther came off and not Lawrie

as its looks like Densmore has broke his big toe there's another spannner in works.
Full time and proud of it

brian1925

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2014, 11:24:42 PM »

It would not have made a cat in hells difference had we started Nicky and Reevsey tonight. There is such little confidence in our defence that I stick to my assertion that Lincoln would have struggled to score two goals against any other team in our league. Aldershot I'd say looked midtable. Lincoln looked bottom six/eight.

taxi Phil

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2014, 11:35:26 PM »

Aldershot and Lincoln will both finish in mid table. I wish I could describe our prospects with the same degree of confidence.

andrewflynn

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2014, 11:38:40 PM »

Lincoln were underwhelming but I'm not sure if that's because they were genuinely just an average team or if they were just out to put in a professional performance.

dunhamalty

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2014, 11:45:38 PM »

I think Lee has no idea what his best staring 11 is which is going to be a real problem if he doesn't work it out quickly!
He should play Wilkinson/Lawrie just off a lone striker, we also need to get Crowther and Clee on the pitch at the SAME time. I don't think 4-4-2 will cut it this year

ForeverAlty

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2014, 11:52:16 PM »

Perry has impressed me last 2 games and i'm not his biggest fan to say the least. Lincoln had a very physical side and Perry could compete with the big defenders. I would rather have seen Reeves start though.

Anyway Crowther. I love him already. He is the pace we lacked without Dunc and he looked really hard to deal with, looking forward to seeing more of him!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Squad rotation???