PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Squad rotation???
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Squad rotation???  (Read 11589 times)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Squad rotation???
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2014, 12:03:57 AM »

Although we didn't come out of Aldershot with many "significant" injuries I would bet (were i allowed to) that there were some wear and tear injuries, bumps and bruises and the like.

As we all know, we aren't full time so, rather than come in yesterday for a massage a sauna, treatment if needed and some recovery work, our lads were at work.

Maybe therefore some of them weren't quite 100% for a second game so soon after the previous one and, rather than risk aggravating a minor knock, turning it into a 3 or 4 week job the decision was made to start one or two from the bench.

I would imagine that as the season progresses and the players become more used to this level the recovery time will reduce.

Didn't see the first goal but one of the scouts who was watching described it as an excellent cross and a finish you would normally expect against a promoted side in the first 3 or 4 games. Second goal was a good goal.

We did hit the woodwork and make their keeper pull off some saves

Not all is doom and gloom people honestly

Mr Woolf

« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2014, 06:03:38 AM »

Massive bollock dropped last night, lincoln werent even that good

Jenga

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2014, 08:02:25 AM »

Agree with ATS exactly my sentiments.

GB Alty

« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2014, 08:50:33 AM »

Maybe saving the main strike force for the weaker teams?

I can tell from the tentativeness of this post Hamilton that even you don't really believe this, it's just the only remotely possible idea.

I also believe that you, like I, think it'd be a terrible idea.

I would just add, having not been able to attend, that perhaps like Boss Hogg says, we're not that good to piss about. I think we've missed a chance to show some real positive intent tonight with Reeves, Clee, Moult etc. We needed to make a statement. We didn't.

it was a farce ballers

The man is a clown

Jimmy

« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2014, 06:47:30 PM »

Although we didn't come out of Aldershot with many "significant" injuries I would bet (were i allowed to) that there were some wear and tear injuries, bumps and bruises and the like.

As we all know, we aren't full time so, rather than come in yesterday for a massage a sauna, treatment if needed and some recovery work, our lads were at work.

Maybe therefore some of them weren't quite 100% for a second game so soon after the previous one and, rather than risk aggravating a minor knock, turning it into a 3 or 4 week job the decision was made to start one or two from the bench.

I would imagine that as the season progresses and the players become more used to this level the recovery time will reduce.

Didn't see the first goal but one of the scouts who was watching described it as an excellent cross and a finish you would normally expect against a promoted side in the first 3 or 4 games. Second goal was a good goal.

This is a fair post however if we're going to be brutally honest we will not win a game at this level if reeves and clee are left out in the same match

Bath Alty

« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2014, 07:58:04 PM »

This is a fair post however if we're going to be brutally honest we will not win a game at this level if reeves and clee are left out in the same match

Why should we assume that a player who was fit enough for the bench and actually came on in the game is really injured rather than accept that the manager made a mistake?  Benefit of the doubt occasionally but it happens far too often, Lee "rests" players far more often than we can afford.  If the players aren't fit enough for two games in a week this early in the season then there was something wrong with our pre-season!

edit: confirmed as squad rotation by Neil in the interview so ATS's excuse is nonsense
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 08:15:37 PM by Bath Alty »

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2014, 08:49:52 PM »

Just to clarify it wasn't an excuse

ALSO

Squad rotation can mean that you are not risking players with minor knocks. i.e. you choose to "rest" players rather than risk turning wear and tear/tiredness into a "real" injury

However this of course cannot be right because the Manager is a clueless buffoon who has never managed before nor ever achieved anything and the medical staff actually work on the first aid counter at Boots

Jimmy

« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2014, 09:04:53 PM »

Ok fair enough Sinnott can't do anything wrong

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2014, 09:11:25 PM »

So please tell me where I said that?

You can't!! Oh what a surprise that isn't as I never actually said it.

Anyway I have now listened to the interview and if what I have (obviously unsuccessfully) described isn't (quote) keeping players fresh (end quote) then I'm not sure what is

Bath Alty

« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2014, 09:29:44 PM »

There is a happy medium ATS - I didn't accuse you of saying he can't do anything wrong nor did I say he can't do anything right.

On Tuesday he 'rested' players who most people thought should play, one of whom a supporter claims to have spoken to while he was warming up and said he was "fine", both of whom were fit enough to play at least half an hour.  Correct me if I'm wrong but your suggestion that they were actually carrying knocks was mere speculation.  Presumably an attempt to defend the manager from our criticism.  I would suggest that a) he is capable of doing that for himself or at least getting his assistant to do it in an interview and b) we are grown ups and well aware of the remote possibility that both these players picked up mysterious minor knocks.

My belief is still that the manager decided to rest a fit Reeves and Clee and that this was a mistake.  For the avoidance of doubt I'm not saying it's a mistake he should be sacked for!

Jenga

« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2014, 09:36:24 PM »

In my opinion he rested two attacking players who could come on fresh and roast the opposition when they got tired at the start of the season playing 2 games in 4 days.

I think if that was the plan it is a fair plan (at this stage of the season). Once players are fitter then this plan I dont think would hold water as fitness levels improve and players can easily last 90 minutes.

My issue is that we were killing them and all over them for about 10 minutes. He should have made the subs then and not waited until all our other players were burnt out from the extra effort.

So in my eyes a good plan but executed 10 minutes too late.

Jimmy

« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2014, 09:41:19 PM »

So please tell me where I said that?

You can't!! Oh what a surprise that isn't as I never actually said it.

Anyway I have now listened to the interview and if what I have (obviously unsuccessfully) described isn't (quote) keeping players fresh (end quote) then I'm not sure what is
Do you have to say it you defend him no matter what
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 09:43:23 PM by Jimmy »

Jimmy

« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2014, 09:46:52 PM »

In my opinion he rested two attacking players who could come on fresh and roast the opposition when they got tired at the start of the season playing 2 games in 4 days.

I think if that was the plan it is a fair plan (at this stage of the season). Once players are fitter then this plan I dont think would hold water as fitness levels improve and players can easily last 90 minutes.

My issue is that we were killing them and all over them for about 10 minutes. He should have made the subs then and not waited until all our other players were burnt out from the extra effort.

To be fair with the timing of the subs he had to do them fairly late because moult went on for dens so early thus leaving only 2 subs for the remaing 70 mins

RocketDan

« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2014, 09:50:17 PM »

If anyone can genuinely convince me what Perry can offer that Reeves can't then I'm all ears.
Answers such as 'he played well against Stalybridge and Histon last year' won't do.

Gillespie is about 5'9
Reeves is about 5'9
Perry is about 6'2

Both the Lincoln centrebacks were about 6'3

maybe Sinnott thought he'd try and play someone capable of challenging in the air as opposed to two shorter players?????

Also, i heard Reeves was working late plastering and didn't get to Moss Lane until 7pm and wasn't fully warmed up.

Perry had an afternoon modelling shoot but was at the ground for 6pm.

Jenga

« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2014, 10:07:47 PM »

To be fair with the timing of the subs he had to do them fairly late because moult went on for dens so early thus leaving only 2 subs for the remaing 70 mins

Fair point Jimmy.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Squad rotation???