PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty Cation
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Alty Cation  (Read 12990 times)

Ashley Alty

Alty Cation
« on: August 16, 2014, 05:40:24 PM »

Handbags after the match outside the ground between Rovers fans and players.  Got quite heated with very raised voices.  One fan ran on the team coach hotly pursued by club officials.  Our board came out to see what was going on.  A minibus of Gasheads had a drive by shouting "What a load of rubbish" several times.  I think they were a bit upset!

brian1925

Re: Alty Cation
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 06:49:04 PM »

I kept my eye on the attitude of their fans towards their own players throughout the match, as I could sense it would turn ugly at some point. I'm not a bit surprised that there was a bit of trouble after the game. Fans who have travelled so far to watch their team deserve better than that to be honest.I thought their best player was the half time sub, the one who looked like a fisherman and got sent off - at least he gave a damn. They could be in for a very long season.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 06:59:02 PM »

not surprised. they were dreadful
Full time and proud of it

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 07:24:37 PM »

I kept my eye on the attitude of their fans towards their own players throughout the match, as I could sense it would turn ugly at some point. I'm not a bit surprised that there was a bit of trouble after the game. Fans who have travelled so far to watch their team deserve better than that to be honest.I thought their best player was the half time sub, the one who looked like a fisherman and got sent off - at least he gave a damn. They could be in for a very long season.

A few took down their flag and left the ground when the second goal went in..........bizarre considering how long was left to play

Worzel Gummidge actually started the game......I said to others during the game he was their best player, but he was wasted when moved to full back
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 07:26:28 PM »

Bristol Rovers need to learn quickly that they don't just turn up at places like Alty and assume its a given that its 3 points just for turning up.

We were the better team by far. Well done lads nice to get 3 points in front of a decent crowd just like the old days

markecky

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2014, 07:50:35 PM »

I don't blame them to be honest.  As disrespectful as it is to us they simply can't accept being beaten by what they think is a team of butchers and bus drivers.

I actually thought their fans were a credit to them, could have easily taken their anger out on innocent Alty fans and most had a terrible journey up as well with the traffic.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2014, 08:29:35 PM »

They should be shouting and asking questions, they could easily have been on the back of a hiding today but for better finishing. Most of that Bristol rovers squad have conference experience, they've big problems at present

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2014, 08:45:33 PM »

I think the manager and board should have a good look in the mirror!!
Not a good side.
Another x league club, who didn't know how good a league the conferance is.
Fair credit to their fans.
They deserve more.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2014, 08:53:57 PM »

I think there was mutual respect between the supporters today. They could have gone to some grounds and been easy clapped by drum bearing f**king weirdos, but we've a but more about us then that. Feel very sorry for them, but let's not forget an absolutely superb shift by our lads. A lot of young footballers grew up today and a lot of more experienced lads got their mojo at this level back. Bring on southport.

Gas

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2014, 10:12:45 PM »

Rovers here. After a terrible journey up I actually thought I might enjoy today after being able to have a pint (in a real glass) in a pub a short walk from the ground, and where home and away fans mingled with no bother. It was also great to be able to sit where we wanted in the stand, and chat to opposition fans.
The football however was poor, I thought both defences looked like they could make a mistake at any time, and I was praying for yours to make a mistake as that was the only way we were going to score. Obviously there is a long way to go yet, but it is apparent that if things don't change at The Gas we are looking at another relegation.
Good luck for the rest of the season, I enjoyed visiting Moss Lane and I will definitely be taking an interest in your results in the future.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2014, 10:23:29 PM »

Rovers here. After a terrible journey up I actually thought I might enjoy today after being able to have a pint (in a real glass) in a pub a short walk from the ground, and where home and away fans mingled with no bother. It was also great to be able to sit where we wanted in the stand, and chat to opposition fans.
The football however was poor, I thought both defences looked like they could make a mistake at any time, and I was praying for yours to make a mistake as that was the only way we were going to score. Obviously there is a long way to go yet, but it is apparent that if things don't change at The Gas we are looking at another relegation.
Good luck for the rest of the season, I enjoyed visiting Moss Lane and I will definitely be taking an interest in your results in the future.
thanks gas you will improve and adjust great fans you brought today a credit to the club good luck for the rest of the season ( until we play you at yours )
Come on you red and white........

Hamilton

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2014, 11:01:47 PM »

I prefer his brother, Dedi.

I believe he was friends with Roy Castle!

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2014, 01:41:53 PM »

A few Pirates in the Cresta last night............the beer in the Market and Roebuck looked like suitable therapy from what I could see.......the type of fans that are always welcome really
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Jenga

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2014, 01:08:12 PM »

It is games like this that show us up in a good light. We had similar comments from Grimsby fans when they visited. We are a friendly bunch and more than welcome friendly opposing fans. Unfortunately both teams can not take home 3 points.

Ashley Alty

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2014, 01:13:13 PM »

My comments at the beginning of this thread have been quoted in the Bristol press! 

I further understand that two coachloads of fans turned back without getting to our ground due to the delay on the M6!  I suppose there could have been a further potential 100 of their fans, shame they didn't arrive and spend their :-\ money at Moss Lane
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty Cation